• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Shield?

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
If you use water gun and then shield, his shield is inbreakable. Didnt post it in the bug section because I'm not sure if it's intentional.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
This is definitely not intended, report it as a bug, it will more than likely get fixed in 2.6b (or whatever it will be called).

Permanent invincible shield+character with hella long wavedash, nope

SpiderMad

Smash Master
noooooooooooo, if you guys take this away you def. need to make Bair's IASA/End end one frame sooner so I can SH Bair WL easier (you guys try it, it's hella difficult)

K@$h

Smash Cadet
ok so this is probably one of the only things squirt has going for him right now. so i say if its not broken don't fix it... until it becomes broken
edit: ps anyone mind posting a vid of this

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
noooooooooooo, if you guys take this away you def. need to make Bair's IASA/End end one frame sooner so I can SH Bair WL easier (you guys try it, it's hella difficult)
IASA doesn't allow air dodges only A moves.

they'd need to make the animation end a frame earlier

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Really? That changes my perception on a lot of stuff now
Just a side not. Grounded IASA can be interrupted by movement also, which means if you want to do anything else, including shield, its a 1 frame delay. Aerial IASA can also be interrupted with a jump.

And Yeah, an extreme an example of IASA not matching ending animation is samus nair in melee.

She can nair then jump at a decent speed for what the IASA allows but try shooting a missle or dodging after it and you'll be in the nair animation for an additional 20+ frames

Top Bottom