• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario - Super Unpopular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super-Donovan-64

Smash Rookie
I know how you feel. Despite my avatar, Mario has been my main since I first got The original Smash. Of course, to each his own, but, still, it's kind of sad, really.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I've always like Mario in smash, I never really gave him a chance until Brawl, I've been playing with him and I gotta say. not only is he insanely fun to play but he's pretty **** good too.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I main Mario.

And why wouldn't I? everyone that messes with Mario ends with burn marks all over their body and a shoe mark on their head.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I know is way offtopic but has anyone looked into grab release possibilities like what they've done with Bowser?

Famous

Smash Champion
I agree...It's just that he's so underused...We should think of a way to make more people main him. Lol, we could **** people bad enough to make them main Mario...

Famous

Smash Champion
Yeah. Instead of people working to break down walls between hard matchups they turn traitor and play with high/top tier characters...

I'm actually trying to break that wall down and I'm making progress....Slowly but surely. Mario will win tourneys.

Syscal

Smash Rookie
you my good sir are hilarious.....:laugh:
You make me cry boss :( you don't remember me... "Izzle" from myspace haha. Long time no see eh?

Well I thought I'd throw my two cents in. And my main is Yoshi. :)

BTW famous agrees with me on this one right? Famous?

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
i tried that......so far only have one inspiration.........everyone is just tierwhores
This.

But I think Luigi should be middle high tier and Mario maybe upper midtier.

Luigi is just ridiculous but Mario has such great combos, projectiles, his back throw kills at like 140%.
If everyone just played characters instead of Snake and Metaknight I think he'd be higher but oh well. I don't main him but I think I'll start using him in tournaments more. People need to start winning more with Mario in tournaments.

Speaking of, Boss I heard you 0>death'd Omegablackmage at Esticle? Good stuff.

boss8

Smash Hero
Speaking of, Boss I heard you 0>death'd Omegablackmage at Esticle? Good stuff.
yea dude....

bair.....bair.....utilt....uair....uair...cape...spike.....

i almost attempted to do backflips after i pulled this off but i relized im to big XD

izzle send me a comment off da space.....famus same with you...

myspace.com/junglejapes i have facebook search the name

william mason.......good day plumbers......

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Luigi is just ridiculous but Mario has such great combos, projectiles, his back throw kills at like 140%.
Mario's backthrow only kills at 140% reliably on lighter midweights to lightweights. Some lightweights like Falco die at 130%, maybe slightly less if you're right by the ledge.

One thing that I find kinda dumb though is Luigi's backthrow kills at like 15-20% lower than Mario's (same throw for the most part, just more knockback). Maybe there is a remote chance Sakurai thought that was important for Luigi because of his low traction? =/

Otherwise I completely agree that Mario is underrated and definitely could move up to mid tier (although DDD's infinite should be banned). He's by far significantly better than Ness and Lucas, who place in the upper low tier.

Moldorm

Smash Rookie
He's my secondary right now, but I'm training right now as Mario as an attempt to move him up to main.
DK is my main-main and nothing will change that, but I really like Mario.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Otherwise I completely agree that Mario is underrated and definitely could move up to mid tier (although DDD's infinite should be banned). He's by far significantly better than Ness and Lucas, who place in the upper low tier.
I wanna hear what SBR has to say about that placement.

did e

Smash Rookie
Mario keeps me hooked with his excellent edge guarding + cape. You can get pretty dangerous out off the stage. Most of my lowest percentage kills come from doing some sort of shenanigans off the stage. It gets funny to me when just the threat of you going out after them causes them to overreact and end up killing themselves.:laugh::laugh:

Some of the most enjoyable matches I have played were Mario vs Mario

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
One thing that I find kinda dumb though is Luigi's backthrow kills at like 15-20% lower than Mario's (same throw for the most part, just more knockback). Maybe there is a remote chance Sakurai thought that was important for Luigi because of his low traction? =/
kinda dumb? I'd rather say fully ********. Mario's back-throw is one of his signature moves. He should have strongest one.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yeah, if you play Mario 64 it's incredible at max power. And does anyone know how to get a sig uploaded from your computer to here? IDK how to do it.
Photobucket

Anyway, I main Mario because he's been my main since Smash64. Same with Melee. Mario is not my only main, usually my "old reliable" but still one of my best.

Plus, Its always a good feeling when you beat someone such as Meta Knight or Game&Watch and see the other player watch in awe of Mario's awesomeness.

Edit: More reason's on video below...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
lol @ eggz plays mario

not for years people hahaha

make a "mario mains locater" thread or wahtever they are if you want to know who mains mario

*bowser fsmash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom