• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Homosexual Falcos

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Recently my area of smashers have all of a sudden picked up Falco (for some strange reason).
I have no idea how to handle Falco's faggy dair and laser spam.
PLEASE HELP ME!!
:D

fixed*

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer you not use the word Faggy Falco, being a Falco main myself, I'm highly offended.

Well... Not really, but you shouldn't throw a word like that around.

What you can obviously do is aerial approaches, the Jiggs in my area does that. You can crouch, hope your friends technical skill is sub-par and miss about 80% of those lasers that he wants to hit you. Uthrow to rest obviously works well, if they happen to DI out of it just fair him or something.

These are things I generally hate about Jiggs.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Keys to victory that i've found.

- Avoid lasers. Missing a bunch of shots WILL force him to do something else. ducking works for me.
- If you get him off the edge, he HAS to die. You cannot let Falco recover and expect to win. Nairs work nice here to interrupt both his phantasm and firebird.
- If you manage to get a quick grab at low percent, whip him into the air and rest before he can even think about it. it has to be FAST, or he'll DI and greatly increase his chances for escape.
- If you're pressuring, falling l-cancelled Uairs are a great mix up to the norm and can lead into grabs, or utilt juggles, which can then lead to rest/WoP opportunities.
- Get him in the air, keep him in the air. You ruin him up there. Mix Uairs into your aerial combos to keep him up there, just watch out for the Dair. Give him too much space and he can turn it around fast.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
same with nj, i blame forward.
his firefalco doesnt hurt you so just make sure when hes recovering that u always expect him to phantasm and when he goes below the stage go attack him.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
I got a lot better at this matchup actually.

If you aren't using Rest vs a skilled Falco, your battle is uphill.

uthrow > rest is unbelievably useful, so go for grabs whenever possible. If you attack with aerials regularly they will often begin shielding -- this is where you mix it up and grab. You can also shieldgrab their sloppy dair > shine or you can wd backwards from his attacks and grab him there too.

If you ever shield Falco's fsmash or dash attack, jump out of shield and rest him, or just grab him if he's out of range.

Utilt/uair to rest work but you'll be hard pressed to land them. I like to land falling uair's behind him then l-cancel into shielding.

When they become afraid of your grab and stop shielding and lasering, you can play with a pretty basic wd > fsmash game.

Lasers are what make this matchup a losing battle -- so deal with it. If you can keep up with Falco but get a Rest in, that's generally enough to win. If crouching will influence them into coming towards you (never for me), its probably a good idea. You can actually CC dair and grab them often too. I usually just stay in the air, watch out for random aerials, and bother Falco with fair/bair. When using fair, watch out for Falco's crouch canceling.

Chozen's Falco edgeguarding works very well for the most part -- hang on the ledge, and if they illusion on top of the stage, ledgehop and rest him (if he's too far away, grab him and bthrow him instead, and repeat)

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I thought falco had a harder time due to jiggly being hard to start pillaring or shine comboing..then again, I have no idea about either character so it was just a guess..guessed wrong..

Top Bottom