• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Well in any case, I'll be extremely happy if he's in and I'll take that L if he is, but the realist in me says he isn't.

Edit: I don't think this delusional assertion that he's in is healthy though when there isn't any evidence to suggest he's in other than "he's popular" (when you don't know the ballot results).
Actually man I think that's a healthy skeptical attitude to have in general and I'm sorry if you feel like people were flaming you. We're all a bit touchy and protective when it comes to our boy, but let me assure you that this thread is the first one to veer into pessimism at the slightest, most unrelated things (like the Isabelle reveal).

I think others have covered it very well by now, but basically the reason I still believe in the character is there just hasn't been enough reliable info to judge his inclusion one way or the other. With that amount of ambiguity, and given the fact that Isaac IS a known quantity to Sakurai, I think it's reasonable to believe he's in. It's also reasonable to look at those same signs and just come to the conclusion that he is completely cut from the game like Sm4sh, but this is an Isaac support thread after all, so most of the old-timers here are going to choose positivity until we have a solid and unambiguous disconfirmation, not just the word of a leaker with a patchy track record.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Do you guys think we’re getting a smash direct next week with the news going around or just a one off trailer? I also could use anyone’s take on why ken and incineroar are not the last 2 fighters to be revealed. ( I got this dumb friend who keeps believing that dumb box theory.)
Well let's start things off by saying that if there are 5 more stages coming to Ultimate, why would they just add 2 fighters while the other 3 is unknown?
Secondary, that box is more likely a place holder for the game when it releases, because Sakurai is strict this time around when it comes to leaks.

They even gave the Memories their own distinctive title... is this perhaps something they plan to formally introduce to other regions the next time we get Smash news (which we suspect is pretty soon), and they're rolling it out now to prep for that? Did a translator goof and translate something they weren't supposed to?

We'll have to see if the next fighter brings along another Flashback post.
You could be right, it might be a goof up on their part. Who knows, if they delete it and re-post only on the Japan site, then it might be a mistake and if not, then maybe there's more yet to come.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Honestly, that's so true. I thought it was weird that they went with the Japanese box art when they showed it. I have to say, it's
very odd decision. Hmm...
i understand why they went with the japanese version, because that's the original image and they dont want to make a new one for every region

but that was why i thought it would be japan only as it was seemingly doing for months until they just decided out of nowhere to show everyone else
:dizzy:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Unpopular Opinion: I like the main battle theme from DD more than the main battle theme of the other two games.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
:ultdoc: is a doctor, they dont fight PFFT

:ultkirby: is just a marshmallow

:ultsnake: is just some regular guy
I love how insane Smash Bros. is when Solid Snake, legendary soldier, is just some regular guy in comparison.

Do you guys think we’re getting a smash direct next week with the news going around or just a one off trailer? I also could use anyone’s take on why ken and incineroar are not the last 2 fighters to be revealed. ( I got this dumb friend who keeps believing that dumb box theory.)
I think Smash Direct makes more sense, but Sakurai’s recent statements give me pause.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Well snake is a clone of the worlds greatest soldier, so hes not exactly normal, but in comparison to everyone else he probably is the most normal.

Maybe besides for little mac. You could mention wft or villager, but the rules of their world are not exactly normal nor are their fighting styles

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Man I was can't believe we fought our way up to grand finals damn that's impressive

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
Pages ago, there was the question of which characters we would support after the hypothetical Isaac reveal. I'd like to supply my list, mostly because I don't see these characters with much support (especially the last one):

1. Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls)
Solaire is the closest thing there is to a representative for the Soulsborne games. These games came along for me at a time when I was getting tired of most gaming experiences (perhaps due in part to age -- I'm in my 30's), and I am currently obsessed with them. Solaire would use lightning miracles as his smashes, and would naturally have a parry+riposte as a counter. Taunts would include wearing the sunlight maggot, doing the Warrior of Sunlight pose, and perhaps a popular gesture (though the best ones don't really match his personality). Entrances would include being summoned in and getting up from a bonfire.

2. Amaterasu (Okami)
Okami was the best "Zelda game" of its time, you might say, and charming beyond belief. Amaterasu has three main kinds of weapons, which function differently depending on whether they are in the primary or secondary slot: reflectors (a single large disk), holy beads, and glaives (a giant sword). Using these in various ways would constitute the majority of her moveset, though the rest would be filled out mainly with brush techniques, such as the vine, cutting, and bomb techniques.

3. Minecrafter/Steve
Minecraft was another game that I had an obsession with, and I think it would be great fun to do the kinds of actions in a Smash game that I had grown accustomed to doing in such a vast, open world of creativity: pickaxe enemies, dump buckets of lava on them, ride into them on a pig or minecart.... I understand that this character isn't really a character in the true sense of the term, but that wouldn't bother me because I both love the game it's from and everyone else I desperately want in the game would, hypothetically, already be in.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Well even Little Mac does transform into some titan thing for his Final Smash.

___

If GS does get revived and the DD story is finished, would you guys like to see games on the same timeline but with almost unrelated stories (for example, like Gaiden/SoV to Marth's games in Fire Emblem)?

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Well even Little Mac does transform into some titan thing for his Final Smash.

___

If GS does get revived and the DD story is finished, would you guys like to see games on the same timeline but with almost unrelated stories (for example, like Gaiden/SoV to Marth's games in Fire Emblem)?
Absolutely. I feel like the world built in Golden Sun is so amazing, I'd be so happy for some sort of soft reboot with a wide open world to explore and possibly open up as you gain more psynergy.
Isaac is great, but his story is over. I'd like to see more characters expanded on possibly hundreds of years after the first game.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely. I feel like the world built in Golden Sun is so amazing, I'd be so happy for some sort of soft reboot with a wide open world to explore and possibly open up as you gain more psynergy.
Isaac is great, but his story is over. I'd like to see more characters expanded on possibly hundreds of years after the first game.
First, though, we need to finish DD's storyline.

Then we can have a fancy open world.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Didn't feel like dealing with quotes so I'm just gonna give my 2 cents on a few topics that stood out as I caught up.

Personally I believe we are getting a Smash Direct next week, NOT a one off trailer! There is still a lot to cover about the game. 5 more stages, possible new characters that are from new IPs, the remaining pokeball Pokemon, remaining assist trophies, items, game modes like Event matches or Break the Targets, "Spirits" mode and lastly the Online Features! You can't cover all of that in one direct unless it's over an hour and I'm pretty positive that won't happen. So a direct next week and a final direct in the second half of November before the review copies and expected demo releases.

On the matter of Vergeben...I do not believe he is a fraud, I simply think he has partial information or old information which is why I've been comparing him to the Gametsu leaks of Smash 4. Yes Vergeben has technically not been wrong but he has definitely missed a lot. Most noticeably King K Rool as well as many echo fighters. I also believe Nintendo is being smarter when it comes to leaks now thanks to what happened back during Smash 4 so it's possible that fake sources are out there to purposely throw us all off. There's no way to keep everything secret but King K Rool slipping past everyone is a clear sign of fake sources being a possibility. Also going back to something I said many pages ago, I've subscribed to the Music Theory and the Blog Post Theory so I believe we have roughly 7 characters left to see and I now question if Incineroar is actually in. So this upcoming Direct will be interesting because a LOT of things could get destroyed! 3+ characters or just 2 characters without Sakurai saying they are the final two kills the Box Theory! Incineroar or Bandana Dee reveals would kill the Music Theory! Any new character reveal that's not Incineroar, Ken, Steve or Square Enix kills all faith in Vergeben! The Smash Ultimate speculation could be in shambles by the end of next week and I would love every second of it!

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'd love a Dynasty Warriors-esque Golden Sun game.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
When (not if) Isaac gets in, the next pick that I'll support is Banjo, but honestly I think he's in Ultimate too and that's a boring and expected answer anyway. You guys may be surprised at who my #3 pick is.

Paper Mario.

I think he gets unfairly ignored by the Smash community because Geno's fanbase is just larger and more vocal, but Paper Mario is extremely deserving of a spot. Some people say he's "just another Mario," but that's only true insofar as Isaac is "just another anime swordsman." He could have a really cool and unique moveset that uses his paper abilities, and he's first party so there isn't any kind of paperwork or negotiations to wade through. Paper Mario 64 was just as big a part of my childhood as Golden Sun and Banjo Kazooie, and Thousand Year Door was absolutely brilliant as well. It would make me really happy to see all 3 in Smash.

At least Paper Mario has a level, though, so I'm not really CRUSHED by the fact he's not a character yet. I just have to be honest and say he's the one I care the most about after Isaac and Banjo. Smash has been really good at covering most of the bases so there aren't too many characters left that are major omissions in my book.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
You think it would just be called Golden Sun Warriors, or would it be Weyard Warriors like Hyrule Warriors?
Why not Golden Warrio-... oh wait.

Edit: This joke would have worked better had I realized there was a "state" in there as well. :p

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Oh God No! Now I have to listen to Kraden yell at me to go support the other end of the battlefield with VOICE ACTING?
Are you kidding? Having an old man scream "DO YOU WANT TO GO HOME!? FINE! THAT'S IT! THEN LET'S GO HOME!" across a battlefield because I trolled him for an entire game would be amazing

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
The only unique newcomers I directly want are Vaati and Isaac (in that order), but other fighters that I support for Ultimate are-

-Amaterasu
-Terra/Kefka
-Decidueye
-Phoenix Wright
-Lloyd Irving
-Rex
-Elma
-Geno

Otherwise, I also would like to see Scizor and Xenoblade's Melia, but those probably aren't happening anytime soon, even in future installments.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
When (not if) Isaac gets in, the next pick that I'll support is Banjo, but honestly I think he's in Ultimate too and that's a boring and expected answer anyway. You guys may be surprised at who my #3 pick is.

Paper Mario.

I think he gets unfairly ignored by the Smash community because Geno's fanbase is just larger and more vocal, but Paper Mario is extremely deserving of a spot. Some people say he's "just another Mario," but that's only true insofar as Isaac is "just another anime swordsman." He could have a really cool and unique moveset that uses his paper abilities, and he's first party so there isn't any kind of paperwork or negotiations to wade through. Paper Mario 64 was just as big a part of my childhood as Golden Sun and Banjo Kazooie, and Thousand Year Door was absolutely brilliant as well. It would make me really happy to see all 3 in Smash.

At least Paper Mario has a level, though, so I'm not really CRUSHED by the fact he's not a character yet. I just have to be honest and say he's the one I care the most about after Isaac and Banjo. Smash has been really good at covering most of the bases so there aren't too many characters left that are major omissions in my book.
I would support Paper Mario.

Under one condition.

IS let's Sakurai use the original Paper Mario. And not shove SS/CS version down his throat.

But stupid Kensuke Tanabe is blind to the lack of enthusiasm to the new style, and I doubt IS will catch on to the criticism and the lack of any fan support.

If Color splash's mediocre sales don't cut it, then I believe nothing will.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Poor Paper Mario... you were so good... and then they decided to remove your roots and uproot you, leaving you to slowly wither away...

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I would honestly love to see a prequel. Exploring Ancient Weyard when the ancient civilizations were thriving. And Getting to the point where Alchemy had to be sealed. It’d be like a reverse Golden Sun lol. But I’m all for it.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505

Paper Mario.

Count me in on the Paper Mario support. After Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie, I don't have many characters I loudly support, but Paper Mario is getting up there and I haven't even played his games. It just feels like he would be such an obvious addition from his possible moveset, being part of the Mario universe, and having that unique vibe that you would think Sakurai would love to add to Smash.

For that matter, I'd say he is one of the rare characters you could legitimately call a surprising omission at this point. Dixie Kong is another that springs to mind. Like it honestly surprises me that Sakurai hasn't put those two in yet considering their franchises and popularity and so on. For Paper Mario, I can only imagine tech limitations might have played a role in the past.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Count me in on the Paper Mario support. After Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie, I don't have many characters I loudly support, but Paper Mario is getting up there and I haven't even played his games. It just feels like he would be such an obvious addition from his possible moveset, being part of the Mario universe, and having that unique vibe that you would think Sakurai would love to add to Smash.

For that matter, I'd say he is one of the rare characters you could legitimately call a surprising omission at this point. Dixie Kong is another that springs to mind. Like it honestly surprises me that Sakurai hasn't put those two in yet considering their franchises and popularity and so on. For Paper Mario, I can only imagine tech limitations might have played a role in the past.
Yeah, exactly. I had the same thoughts about tech limitations, but Game & Watch has been a part of Smash for 17 years now and Paper Mario can't be THAT different. It's a testament to Smash Bros. that there are basically no real GLARING omissions anymore (and I would argue that was the case even in Sm4sh), but the further we go, the more it feels weird not to have entire parts of Nintendo history recognized at all. The Mario RPGs being top of that list, but at least we do have the Paper Mario stage.

But also have you guys noticed that there are zero references whatsoever to Eternal darkness? I don't know how many of you played that game, but it was the first horror game I mustered up the courage to play all the way through as a kid. AFAIK Nintendo owns it and the developer is now defunct. I get that an M-rated horror series maybe isn't the best fit for Smash, but if Snake and Bayo can make it in, some kind of Eternal Darkness rep (even an Assist Trophy) would be a cool nod to a unique part of Nintendo's past.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yeah, exactly. I had the same thoughts about tech limitations, but Game & Watch has been a part of Smash for 17 years now and Paper Mario can't be THAT different. It's a testament to Smash Bros. that there are basically no real GLARING omissions anymore (and I would argue that was the case even in Sm4sh), but the further we go, the more it feels weird not to have entire parts of Nintendo history recognized at all. The Mario RPGs being top of that list, but at least we do have the Paper Mario stage.

But also have you guys noticed that there are zero references whatsoever to Eternal darkness? I don't know how many of you played that game, but it was the first horror game I mustered up the courage to play all the way through as a kid. AFAIK Nintendo owns it and the developer is now defunct. I get that an M-rated horror series maybe isn't the best fit for Smash, but if Snake and Bayo can make it in, some kind of Eternal Darkness rep (even an Assist Trophy) would be a cool nod to a unique part of Nintendo's past.
Eternal Darkness was awesome. I’m gonna go full hipster and call for a reference to Geist as well.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
IMG_3312.JPG IMG_3313.JPG IMG_3314.JPG

-says a random person told him this info
-says he can name the character, but is afraid of backlash.
-says his sources have different info about SE, says Nintendo is feeding leakers false flags. He doesn't want to say the name as he wouldnt want to cost them their jobs. Still says it's an SE Rep, since every info Ian related to SE.
-Says they don't take Geno as seriously, even though there he has no proof.
>Every leak has the potential to cost someone their job, hasn't stopped you before.
> the SE rep could not even exist, and all this info about SE Rep could just all be false flags.
>the possibility of Incenroar and Ken being false flags never occurred to him?
>Did he seriously put all his faith into one random individual that has a 10% chance of being right?
>Leakers might not know everything, but "SE Rep" shouldn't have even been said if the answers are so drastically diverse.

This scenario is about as much filled with holes as a nice chunk of Swiss cheese.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
View attachment 168053View attachment 168054View attachment 168055

-says a random person told him this info
-says he can name the character, but is afraid of backlash.
-says his sources have different info about SE, says Nintendo is feeding leakers false flags. He doesn't want to say the name as he wouldnt want to cost them their jobs. Still says it's an SE Rep, since every info Ian related to SE.
-Says they don't take Geno as seriously, even though there he has no proof.
>Every leak has the potential to cost someone their job, hasn't stopped you before.
> the SE rep could not even exist, and all this info about SE Rep could just all be false flags.
>the possibility of Incenroar and Ken being false flags never occurred to him?
>Did he seriously put all his faith into one random individual that has a 10% chance of being right?
>Leakers might not know everything, but "SE Rep" shouldn't have even been said if the answers are so drastically diverse.

This scenario is about as much filled with holes as a nice chunk of Swiss cheese.
Which is why I have a hard time putting much stock in Vergeben.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Another news update, fellow adepts.

Looks like the "New" tab on "Fighters" button is gone on the official Smash Bros. Website. Right when they posted the new music track, the tab "disappeared." I don't know if this is significant or not, but I thought it was interesting enough to share.

Source Gaming Tweet

Official Super Smash Brothers Website

Also, the US Smash Blog just started posting "Memories" of the fighters, the first being Fox's memory. Hmmm... Well, Starlink: Battle for Atlas is coming out this month, so it's most likely for marketing reasons.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Well in any case, I'll be extremely happy if he's in and I'll take that L if he is, but the realist in me says he isn't.

Edit: I don't think this delusional assertion that he's in is healthy though when there isn't any evidence to suggest he's in other than "he's popular" (when you don't know the ballot results).
No one knows the real ballot results, but fan polls from 2015 show us what is most likely possible and so far it has all been right. Look at what we got so far, Simon, Richter, Ridley, K. Rool, Dark Samus, Chrom, Isabelle. These are all extremely popular characters that have been wanted in the ballot and Isaac, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Skull Kid and Bandana Dee are right behind them and not to mention that they have been in many top 10 fan polls in 2015 during the ballot was opened from well known sites. Golden Sun getting it's IP Renewed, Sakurai's Rathalos Tweet, the fan popularity right behind the already announced popular picks, Golden Sun data bases getting updated and no assist trophy reveal. There are just too many coincidences surrounding Golden Sun and Smash towards Isaac or any Golden Sun Representative being in. Still anything is possible and I may not have any real proof, but I believe. I look at the perspective at any angle and I am tired of stressing out if he is in or not. I am sticking to my intuition that he is in. I want to believe in those coincidences rather than believe what a leaker says. I wouldn't call it being delusional, if there are so many coincidences that add up like this. Not trying to start up a flame war or anything, but I just want to point them out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom