• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
I think overly hyped or not we dealing with Sakurai who has trolled us direct after direct. This pic has to mean something. Could be story stuff but the fact is this pic is to close to Golden Sun with RPG characters that dont normally deal with this view,so with that said it has to hold some weight but only time will tell. What a time to be a Golden Sun fan!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
That Reddit post really did blow up. There was apparently a 4Chan post as well. It's so cool to see conversation around GS and Isaac regarding Smash, I enjoyed reading that Reddit thread. The GameFAQs one on the other hand... :glare:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I can't believe I'm getting hyped for Isaac over a camera angle of all things.
LMAO

That Reddit post really did blow up. There was apparently a 4Chan post as well. It's so cool to see conversation around GS and Isaac regarding Smash, I enjoyed reading that Reddit thread. The GameFAQs one on the other hand... :glare:
A 4chan post?

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I think overly hyped or not we dealing with Sakurai who has trolled us direct after direct. This pic has to mean something. Could be story stuff but the fact is this pic is to close to Golden Sun with RPG characters that dont normally deal with this view,so with that said it has to hold some weight but only time will tell. What a time to be a Golden Sun fan!
It's been worth the 8 year wait just for some hope that's for sure

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Would Black Mage be a better choice then?
I'm not really very knowledgeable on Final Fantasy. I just know that Cloud represents the Final Fantasy series when it dropped off of Nintendo platforms, and he has never been anything but cameos in games on Nintendo systems. And the number of those games he has made cameos in can easily be counted on one hand (Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, and two Theatrhythm games).

I know Cloud is very popular as a general gaming icon, but he has nothing to do with Nintendo, and I don't much care for this transformation of "third party characters are guests that have history with Nintendo" to "Any popular third party character", there are still so many amazing Nintendo characters to add, that it doesn't feel right to see that happen. If Black Mage is more of an icon for the early Final Fantasy games on Nintendo platforms, then that would be a more appropriate character. But alas, there's nothing that can be done now. I just hope that this time we get more exciting appropriate characters that actually have something to do with Nintendo... You know, like Isaac.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I would love a Saturos and Menardi battle theme remix, that would be insane too
OOOH that one is also good too, you can't really go wrong with Golden Sun music

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Yeah. Link = Isaac (Joined first)

Marth = Garet (Joined second)

Shulk = Ivan (3rd one to join.)
OH MY GOD i just got a flash of revelation !

Link doesn't talk and who does not talk in GS1? Isaac
Marth belongs to FIRE Emblem has a sword etc and who controls fire? Garet
Shulk can see the future, has an important item with magical powers, that the ennemies want it absolutely and who has a Chaman Rod with pretty much the same signification? Ivan.

I mean f**k it if this is not a reference

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah. Apparently, that's were the GameFAQs person got the Sakurai tweet post, so this pic is making noise on 4chan, Reddit, GameFAQs and here of course.

Now we just need that GameXplain vid. :p
While I'm ambivalent towards people getting their hopes up regarding this pic, Gamexplain covering it would be pretty huge for the fanbase.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I'm not really very knowledgeable on Final Fantasy. I just know that Cloud represents the Final Fantasy series when it dropped off of Nintendo platforms, and he has never been anything but cameos in games on Nintendo systems. And the number of those games he has made cameos in can easily be counted on one hand (Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, and two Theatrhythm games).

I know Cloud is very popular as a general gaming icon, but he has nothing to do with Nintendo, and I don't much care for this transformation of "third party characters are guests that have history with Nintendo" to "Any popular third party character", there are still so many amazing Nintendo characters to add, that it doesn't feel right to see that happen. If Black Mage is more of an icon for the early Final Fantasy games on Nintendo platforms, then that would be a more appropriate character. But alas, there's nothing that can be done now. I just hope that this time we get more exciting appropriate characters that actually have something to do with Nintendo... You know, like Isaac.
Honestly I agree too kinda. I think if they want to represent Final Fantasy, They could've pick Cecil or Terra, since they debuted on the snes.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Every highly requested character from the Brawl days seems to have made it into this game finally (Mewtwo is back, King K. Rool and Ridley are here) except for Isaac. It's his time to shine.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So wait... if I'm not mistaken, the Golden Sun Dark Dawn website did get updated a few days ago, right guys? I'd be curious to know why that might be the case if so...

EclipseSmash

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHeroOfHylia
3DS FC
5043-3010-8901
Every highly requested character from the Brawl days seems to have made it into this game finally (Mewtwo is back, King K. Rool and Ridley are here) except for Isaac. It's his time to shine.
Let's not forget Geno, though. I personally don't want him in very much but people've been asking for him for ages.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Yeah. Apparently, that's were the GameFAQs person got the Sakurai tweet post, so this pic is making noise on 4chan, Reddit, GameFAQs and here of course.

I'm just waiting patiently for the Game Theory vid about how Isaac is the root of all evil in the Smash Bros universe and that he is Cloud Strife's son

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
[QUOTE="Kisae, post: 22287383, member: 266588] OH MY GOD i just got a flash of revelation !

Shulk can see the future, has an important item with magical powers, that the ennemies want it absolutely and who has a Chaman Rod with pretty much the same signification? Ivan.

I mean f**k it if this is not a reference[/QUOTE]
In my opinion I think Ike would've made more sense to represent Garet, but still exciting nonetheless. I can't believe that just a few weeks ago I was so skeptical of Isaac's chances of being playable, and now I actually pretty confident that the ballot will get him in

Edit: Ughh...messed up that quoting so bad, guess I just suck at Smashboards...

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

Lol sakurai is hitting us with that 200iq teaser

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are 72 people in my thread right now wth. :O

AND I DIDNT SET OUT ANY REFRESHMENTS Embarrass

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Let's not forget Geno, though. I personally don't want him in very much but people've been asking for him for ages.
Agree with you 100%. I'm not a huge Geno supporter and would pick others over him but at the same time I realize his popularity and would be so happy if he got in for all the people who have been requesting him forever.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
While I'm ambivalent towards people getting their hopes up regarding this pic, Gamexplain covering it would be pretty huge for the fanbase.
I don't understand this dont get Hopes up logic. The worst that can happen is he wont be in.which sucks for us but we move on.i dont feel having high Hopes is bad at all. Disappointment for him not in is a given with high Hope's or not. We been waiting..... we will keep waiting

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

In my opinion I think Ike would've made more sense to represent Garet, but still exciting nonetheless. I can't believe that just a few weeks ago I was so skeptical of Isaac's chances of being playable, and now I actually pretty confident that the ballot will get him in
Duuude, now that you put it that way I think they really are giving us some hints for the Isaac inclusion!

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand this dont get Hopes up logic. The worst that can happen is he wont be in.which sucks for us but we move on.i dont feel having high Hopes is bad at all. Disappointment for him not in is a given with high Hope's or not. We been waiting..... we will keep waiting
OMG totally agree with you! Everyone be always expecting the worst but I keep my head up because I know there's always hope.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
If he makes it, Isaac's inclusion 100% confirms the Smash Ballot due to his niche franchise. And if that's proven, it means anyone people have genuinely wanted could be in. Isaac is a big deal (like Geno)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I mean, Black Mage was in the first Final fantasy game. So i wouldn't mind..

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
The problem with that is that quite a few of us here have been burned more than oce in the past when we got our hopes up too much. It's very hard not to get hyped over this, but in case we're let down yet another time it's probably better to keep the risk at a minimum.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Oh what exciting times we live in that all this talk of Golden Sun is a thing. This gives me a lot of hope that maybe, just MAYBE, the golden sun will rise once more over the Nintendo world.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
You know, there's another thing... some people have theorized the literal Golden Sun in K. Rool's reveal trailer is another small teaser of something Golden Sun related happening, but I get it if it sounds like a giant stretch.

Just thought I'd point it out either way. :p

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Wouldn't ROY make more sense though?

FIRE emblem is a bit of a stretch.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

Knowing them they will not make, they would just respond to the comment/twit like "C'mon thats a dumb excuse to your 0% character that is nothing more than a generic swordsman, but a monkey watching a TV is a 100% confirm to our favorite game sidecharacter" since I doubt anyone relacted to Gamexplain played Golden Sun, but yeah if they somehow make the video, will be a good up to our fight.
Dunno to me they seem like the guys that if see a sword on smash just skip to the end of the video lol (I love them but man... they're worst than me in speculation)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If I shared your optimism regarding the Smash fanbase handling disappointment in a measured fashion I'd say go hog wild. This instance is a stretch by any means; I've been down this path before, and a lot of people seem new around here, so I'd love to mitigate backlash should this picture prove... a picture.

And if it doesn't, there will be hype to go around regardless.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Knowing them they will not make, they would just respond to the comment/twit like "C'mon thats a dumb excuse to your 0% character that is nothing more than a generic swordsman, but a monkey watching a TV is a 100% confirm to our favorite game sidecharacter" since I doubt anyone relacted to Gamexplain played Golden Sun, but yeah if they somehow make the video, will be a good up to our fight.
Dunno to me they seem like the guys that if see a sword on smash just skip to the end of the video lol (I love them but man... they're worst than me in speculation)
I wouldn't be surprised if all of them knew waht Golden sun was.

They are very knowledgeable of Nintendo's franchises.

Not Source Gaming levels...but still.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

This keeps getting more and more interesting.

Top Bottom