• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Summer of Smash: Week #4 - CEO, Karisuma 8, Xanadu

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Are the top players sandbagging or what?
Nobody flies in to a tournament to sandbag.

It's just... matchup inexperience and general smash 4 volatility. Anyone can take a game from anyone, it's just how the game's set up.

Last edited:

sedrf

Smash Journeyman
Mu experience and everybody coming out for ceo makes for a fun tournament

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
At this Point we should expect Tremendo Dude :4shulk: to beat Seagull and Fatality later

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
At this rate im expecting Tremendodude to beat fatality or Xmas to beat TLTC or abadango. Its unlikely, but considering how things are going so far, its not out of the loop

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Orca is a pretty good Meta Knight player from what i'm seeing. Giving nietono a good battle at game 1. Let's see if an upset happens :O

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Nietono was chip damaging Orca instead of letting him come back for free. Y can't more people do this? Seriously, even the commentators are noticing it.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Pool B4 was something else.

Real Ice :4palutena: > 6WX :4sonic:
DewDaDash :4diddy: > Remzi :4zss:
Remzi :4zss: > 6WX :4sonic:
Duffo :4littlemac: > Remzi :4zss:

NegaNixx

Smash Journeyman
Nietono's Ledge Trap game is dirty.

Where Zero is more passive (falls back and controls centre if nothing is guaranteed) Nietono is literally just reacting to every option while not letting them stay at the ledge at all.

It's awesome to watch such a underutilized subsection of advantage state look so polished.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
6WX is out? Or is he still in tourney? I didn't knew CEO was today lol

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
Nietono was chip damaging Orca instead of letting him come back for free. Y can't more people do this? Seriously, even the commentators are noticing it.
MK has pretty bad ledge options.

It's a factor in why he's solidly disadvantaged in the Diddy and Ryu MU's.

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I have not been watching the tourney enough but looking at the brackets enough have informed me well enough. I have to wonder now, is having top 2 make it out really smart or just puts unnecessary strain on players?

I won't account for upsets because they are upsets. And while its cool it may have happened day 1 (pools day), I would wait before getting hype. They're pools, not top 64. Pools are prone to having odd outcomes. If ZeRo and Trela suddenly got 65th, then I would have some questions. Right now though, contain the glee of upsets.

YerTheBestAROUND

Smash Journeyman
Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for eternity.
I have not been watching the tourney enough but looking at the brackets enough have informed me well enough. I have to wonder now, is having top 2 make it out really smart or just puts unnecessary strain on players?

I won't account for upsets because they are upsets. And while its cool it may have happened day 1 (pools day), I would wait before getting hype. They're pools, not top 64. Pools are prone to having odd outcomes. If ZeRo and Trela suddenly got 65th, then I would have some questions. Right now though, contain the glee of upsets.
From what it sounds like, Trela drowned in pools
https://twitter.com/CLGNAKAT_/status/746432051985944576

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
6WX and Trela drowned in pools. What even is this tournament.

EDIT: Add Vinnie to the flaming dumpster that is the loser's bracket.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Did Wrath JUST pick up a sponsor in between facign that Mega Man and facing Vinnie?
ICG? Is this the return of INSANE CARZY GUY?

MK has pretty bad ledge options.

It's a factor in why he's solidly disadvantaged in the Diddy and Ryu MU's.
I always hear that ____ has bad ledge options, does anybody actually have good ledge options?

BunbUn129

Smash Ace
ICG? Is this the return of INSANE CARZY GUY?

I always hear that ____ has bad ledge options, does anybody actually have good ledge options?
You can check the frame data on ledge options on Kurogane hammer. MK's ledge get-up attack is is tied for the slowest, his ledge neutral get-up is average. His ledge jump is very good, however this is counterbalanced by the poor range and high landing lag on his aerials and below average air speed. His ledge roll is very good, though. Overall his ledge options are mediocre.

Last edited:

-Tornado-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
I_Beat_You
The Gimz confirmed it
Trela drowned
Florida is buuuuuunked
EDIT: Wow and Ryo/Vinnie/6WX too

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Trela and 6WX were on my fantasy....

And they drowned...

Any update on upsets as I cry?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
User was warned for this post
From what it sounds like, Trela drowned in pools
https://twitter.com/CLGNAKAT_/status/746432051985944576

Our Shaya, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done. Give me this day to post dank memes! Forgive me for what you're about to see. As we have all seen silliness And lead us not to temptations and lead us away from 3 stock, and deliver us from low tiers are high tiers discussions. AThinkaman.

Dank meme stash on blast. I can't believe my post about Trela was voided by Trela himself. I saw the bracket and the only thing was:

This last one is kinda savage.

I guess I just like sponge Bob or people post it on my feed and wall. This is an uncharacteristic post from me, but as PurpleGuy kept saying "A Smoldering Dumpster Fire". Not even close with Trela getting out and Vinnie last second losing to Wrath. Boi. Dem nerfs be hurting more than three giant warlock punches. I mean hot damn. I don't know what to even say.

D

Deleted member 269706

It'd be great to watch a pools match without a Diddy Kong in it...

Top Bottom