• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Summer of Smash: Week #4 - CEO, Karisuma 8, Xanadu

NegaNixx

Smash Journeyman
These Doubles matches have me thinking that Mario vs Cloud is in Mario's favour despite the massive disjoint Cloud possesses.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
These Doubles matches have me thinking that Mario vs Cloud is in Mario's favour despite the massive disjoint Cloud possesses.
It's doubles. It can go either way with all the craziness going on. Ex. I beat up my personal demon in doubles because he has to focus on everything, but in singles I can never beat him because his focus is 100% me.

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
I think :4mario: is the best doubles character right now. Mobility to disrupt, Combos everywhere, Throws set up your teammate very well, can handle 2v1's and Upsmash. :4cloud: is great but he gets gimped to easily for my liking.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
It doesn't help that the two best doubles characters are two of the easiest characters to play.

EDIT: Meh, reset. Also, people really need to stop saying Fox is worse in doubles. He's not.

Last edited:

NegaNixx

Smash Journeyman
It's doubles. It can go either way with all the craziness going on. Ex. I beat up my personal demon in doubles because he has to focus on everything, but in singles I can never beat him because his focus is 100% me.
I mean, I'm more so taking note of how in the 1 on 1 interactions between the two within the doubles matches have Mario losing marginally in neutral but taking huge advantage of Cloud's abysmal disadvantage with a lot of horizontally based advantage options.

Is he an easy cloud counter pick? No, but I can see an argument for him winning the match up slightly.

sedrf

Smash Journeyman
Myran :4olimar: eliminates big lou :4luigi: 2-1

False takes a close set vs Prince Ramen
Zenyou knocks ally out of the tournie

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
I was hoping PR would pull that out, but False played so immaculately that I'm not mad. I think he could make top 8 with his current bracket and level of play.

SUPER EDIT:

Last edited:

zzmorg82

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch FC
2476 2506 3411
C3PO 2-0s Jtails.

Jtails is now in losers.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Even though he lost the set against Tweek just now, Hyuga never fails to impress.

I have to wonder about the bracket though. Mr r vs Nietono is happening in the same round as NAKAT vs C3PO ... none of these players have been involved in any major upset, have they? That seems kinda wrong.

:059:

juddy96

Smash Lord
IcyMist eliminates Day, Samus in top 48! While last remaining Ryu DJ Jack falls to saj.

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
I really want to see Ally vs. Zenyou. I wonder if Zenyou's more refined combo game gave him the edge. (Even if Ally insists Zenyou doesn't do anything he doesn't lol)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My predictions. :p

Winners:
Void vs. Mr. R
Larry Lurr vs. Abadango

Losers:
Dabuz vs. Zero
Tweek vs. FOW

Top 8:
1. Mr. R (Undefeated)
2. Larry Lurr (Mr. R x2)
3. Abadango (Larry Lurr x2)
4. Dabuz (Abadango x2)
5. Void (Mr. R & Dabuz)
5. Tweek (Abadango & Void)
7. Zero (Prince Ramen & Dabuz)
7. FOW (Tweek & Larry Lurr)

If Dabuz somehow gets past Abadango, he wins it all.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Even though he lost the set against Tweek just now, Hyuga never fails to impress.

I have to wonder about the bracket though. Mr r vs Nietono is happening in the same round as NAKAT vs C3PO ... none of these players have been involved in any major upset, have they? That seems kinda wrong.

:059:
C3PO beat Jtails, Jtails was supposed to be Trela. NAKAT beat True Blue, True Blue was supposed to be Ally

Last edited:

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
VOID MAKING THE AMAZING GAME.

2-1 vs Rain and he got some amazing gimps at game 2

Fenny

Smash Ace
That first game VoiD took from Rain was a testament to how badly Cloud can be gimped.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
NickRiddle 2-1 Vinnie, Vinnie out at 33rd

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
ESAM doing extremely well so far while the other top players have scrubbed out/drowned pretty early....
Pretty interesting.

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
ESAM playing Wrath's game. How karmic.

EDIT: AND DATH TAKES IT OVER NIETONO! God bless Checkmate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom