• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer 16 Player 1v1 Smash Tournament!

stratele

Smash Apprentice
ARRR!

I'm so sorry, but I woke up this morning to find out that my parents have booked a holiday! And its this time next week!! So I won't be able to participate!!

Sorry! Its not my fault.... But sorry!

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
hey dude, just played ya not too long ago...how ironic. is it too late to join up?

and what if there is major lag between two people? I mean I'd hate to get far in this tourney and then play someone whose like.....won because their connection is horrible and lags up on good players.

3265-6565-8476

AIM= theeluvofyolifee

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
ARRR!

I'm so sorry, but I woke up this morning to find out that my parents have booked a holiday! And its this time next week!! So I won't be able to participate!!

Sorry! Its not my fault.... But sorry!
strat has dropped out, 1 more player may enter!

1 last person!

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
2. Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, lylat Cruise, and Smashville, and 1 counterpick stage, Delfino Plaza,
you can't play on Delfino Plaza in the semi-finals or the Finals
This needs some serious work man.

Starter stages definitely are FD, BF, LC, and Smashville. But counterpicks needs to be expanded greatly.

Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza(already mentioned), Green Hill Zone, Luigi's Mansion, Frigate Orpheon(can almost be considered a starter stage...almost), Halberd(iffy), Spear Pillar(hahaha, Ok ok this is even more iffy, but I LOVE this stage), and possibly Shadow Moses Island. Also most of the melee stages should be allowed. Anything that doesn't severely determine the outcome and may increase strategy for the players should be allowed. I was going to say skyworld, but thats really bad for a lot of characters...so I'll leave that one be. But really, you need to allow more counter picks and allow them all the way through even in the finals. Because some characters do NOT do well on neutral stages. Pit while at first seems like he does well...has one major problem. He is a pain to get a KO with on a stage that doesn't have blast off zones because of his poor KO power.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
This needs some serious work man.

Starter stages definitely are FD, BF, LC, and Smashville. But counterpicks needs to be expanded greatly.

Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza(already mentioned), Green Hill Zone, Luigi's Mansion, Frigate Orpheon(can almost be considered a starter stage...almost), Halberd(iffy), Spear Pillar(hahaha, Ok ok this is even more iffy, but I LOVE this stage), and possibly Shadow Moses Island. Also most of the melee stages should be allowed. Anything that doesn't severely determine the outcome and may increase strategy for the players should be allowed. I was going to say skyworld, but thats really bad for a lot of characters...so I'll leave that one be. But really, you need to allow more counter picks and allow them all the way through even in the finals. Because some characters do NOT do well on neutral stages. Pit while at first seems like he does well...has one major problem. He is a pain to get a KO with on a stage that doesn't have blast off zones because of his poor KO power.
wheres norfair??

Roller

Smash Legend
norfair? WTF!? no.

And luigi's mansion has been banned from most tourneys. You can just camp behind one of the pillars on the bottom floor all day long and not get hit by projectiles. It's ridiculous.

The counterpicks do need to be expanded though.

Tony_11

Smash Apprentice
should be too many counterpicks, it should be limited to like 2-3 though. I dont like shadow moses or any huge stages due to taking too long to kill. But yeah, limit it to a few.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
norfair? WTF!? no.

And luigi's mansion has been banned from most tourneys. You can just camp behind one of the pillars on the bottom floor all day long and not get hit by projectiles. It's ridiculous.

The counterpicks do need to be expanded though.
actually norfair WAS a legal counter pick, these days the stage selection looks something like this

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Distant Planet
Castle Siege
Great Sea
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle Japes

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
I have decided the day of the tourny!

Wednesday July 30th!

I am going to have brackets up on monday July 28th so be looking, i will update the 1st post

and if you aren't here, your opponent will automatically advance and you will be disqualified!

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
should be too many counterpicks, it should be limited to like 2-3 though. I dont like shadow moses or any huge stages due to taking too long to kill. But yeah, limit it to a few.
thats the point of counterpicks though....it gives the player a chance to take advantage of the stage that maybe the opposing player won't be able to. The best players will be able to win on and tourney legal stage. Obviously stages like 75m take away from skill, but i don't think Shadow Moses Island does. It HEAVILY favors those with vertical kill KO power over those with side KO power. Pit would be at a disadvantage on this stage for example unless he broke down one of the towers, but usually once thats done the player has an idea of whats going on and will avoid being hit in that direction while slowly racking up damage till the tower re spawns. Its all strategy. We need more counterpicks so we can see the true skill of everyone playing.

I think any stage that doesn't have an instant KO type problem or is heavily reliant on the complexity of the level should be allowed. New Pork City is so big, it favors campers WAY too much. 75m...so obvious as I said before. Port Town Aero Dive...one hit KO cars...and there's one spot where its kinda harder to avoid them. you have to be on the far right side of the screen or the left near the blasting zone which could result in an EASY KO for either person. I mean we can debate all day, but really whats wrong with having a lot of counterpicks? If no single one of them is a surefire way to victory we should allow them. Picking a stage is part of being a smasher too. What you pick could end up being bad for you as well. If you pick a stage because you think your opponent is going to play as Pit the entire time and then they suddenly choose snake you could be boned because of it.

Also, forgot about Norfair. that should be their too. Its got a lot of stage hazards, but all are avoidable. And the capsule thing where you have to get their first and stay in it adds a lot of strategy to the game. Its really annoying, but if a person can play well on it, its definitely an advantage to them.

Guys, even Ken played on Pokefloats in tournaments for Melee, why are we too good to have tricky counterpicks?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Ayaz go on aim so we can schedule our fight
sorry G I got 6:15 I won't be able to on on until prolly 9 or something, cause of my **** voulenteer hours

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Also I request on practise round for lag issues just so I can adapt quickly, and that too doesn't have to be a round I'll just run around a bit maybe a few moves the end match and restart

agreed?

Top Bottom