• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggested Banned Character List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
If this guy is really serious, I'm betting he's like, atm, 8, 9 years old. I'd be surprised if he were 10. :D

Moochero

Smash Cadet
No character in brawl is broken or cheap enough to recieve a ban. Characters like jinpachi in tekken are the kind of characters that get bans, but not anyone in brawl. I don't see why I even bothered posting...this has to be a joke.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Okay, it's time to break down the list one by one.

[*] Diddy Kong : Unlike Peach's turnips, bananas have a natural advantage on balanced levels, such as Final Destination and Battlefield, giving him an edge in tournament play.
Guess what, you can avoid them! You have to actually touch them for them to work. Anyone can pick them up just by dash attacking into them, therefore they aren't broken since both characters can benefit. Heck, you can even throw them away. It's part of Diddy's setups.

[*] Snake : Has the ability to replicate most of the destructive banned items.
Once again, most of his explosives are used primarily for setups. Nikita spam? Spot dodge, roll, or airdodge. Grenade spam? Shield and roll away, or pick up the nade and throw it back. It's not like you can't see when he puts down a C4 or mine. If you get a C4 stuck to yourself, them it's really your fault for not spacing yourself. Snake still has to activate the C4 manually. And both the C4 and mine (dsmash) automatically blow up after a set amount of time or when Snake dies.

[*] Lucario : Aura is just too powerful.
It's special ability that is meant to be used for high-risk high-reward players. In order for it to take full effect, Lucario has to be near the 200%. If you haven't killed him by then, you're either not good or just aren't trying hard enough. Lucario is a light weight.

[*] Mario : Fludd provides too good of an Edge Guard.
How is it too good? It only works if you let it work. Airdodge it or learn not to be predictable in recovery. That's like saying Falco's or Wolf's lasers are too good because they stun you when you're trying to recover.

[*] Pit : His Up + B is far superior to all of the other recovery moves.
Try hitting him out of him. It's only a useful recovery if you just stand there and don't even attempt to edgeguard.

[*] Samus & Zero Suit Samus : With a simple press of the Shield button at the beginning of the game, Samus becomes ZSS, providing many items, giving that player an unfair advantage at the beginning of the match.
Shield, spotdodge, or reflector much? Or if you feel risky, you can try catching the item and throwing it back.

[*] Wario : His motorbike gives him an unnecessary speed boost for a heavy character, and destroying it allows him to use the parts as thrown items, creating an imbalance.
Guess what, you can destroy the bike and use the part too. Or heck, you just throw it off the edge if it bothers you that much. It's part of Wario's game and recovery.

[*] Sonic : Banned in team matches, due to possible abuse of his spring recovery.
It's called a strategy.

[*] King Dedede : Imbalanced chain grabs.
Honestly, it only works on heavy characters, and it's your fault for getting grabbed. Just take the damage and dish out more than you receive.

[*] R.O.B. : Banned in teams, his gyros can provide a possible Edge Guard.
Once again, that's like saying you can't use Link arrows or bombs, Sheik's needles, or Falco and Wolf's lasers to edgeguard.

You seem to have a misconception as to what should be grounds for a character ban. If the character has moves that give an incredibly broken advantage, such multiple OHKO moves with no lag, they can dish out tremendous amounts of damage with little effort, or if they possess moves that literally BREAK the physics of the game, then they they can be considered for a ban. None of the characters meet this description. For example, in Tekken 5DR, Jinpachi is usually banned simply because all of his moves have monsterous priority and damage. He's a boss character.

shishi

Smash Rookie
Gee, let's just ban FUN while we're at it and not just in this game but in every game that's played competitively. :dizzy:

I guess in a perfect world of competitive gaming, every character would have the same exact move set, same hit power, recovery, the whole 9 yards. Dang, you should just be playing pong for the rest of your life. Then when you lose, you'll probably protest that that shifty left panel's been taking ephedrine so it's got an unfair speed advantage.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I was pretty excited to get Brawl, but I was seriously disappointed in how horrendously overpowered some of the characters are.

I've comprised a list of characters that should be banned from tournament play, due to severe imbalances in design.
  • Diddy Kong : Unlike Peach's turnips, bananas have a natural advantage on balanced levels, such as Final Destination and Battlefield, giving him an edge in tournament play.
  • Snake : Has the ability to replicate most of the destructive banned items.
  • Lucario : Aura is just too powerful.
  • Mario : Fludd provides too good of an Edge Guard.
  • Pit : His Up + B is far superior to all of the other recovery moves.
  • Samus & Zero Suit Samus : With a simple press of the Shield button at the beginning of the game, Samus becomes ZSS, providing many items, giving that player an unfair advantage at the beginning of the match.
  • Wario : His motorbike gives him an unnecessary speed boost for a heavy character, and destroying it allows him to use the parts as thrown items, creating an imbalance.
  • Sonic : Banned in team matches, due to possible abuse of his spring recovery.
  • King Dedede : Imbalanced chain grabs.
  • R.O.B. : Banned in teams, his gyros can provide a possible Edge Guard.
Oh, no, opinions!

You're just afraid of having your character gettings its a** kicked in Brawl.

SmoothKill

Smash Rookie
...i really hope he's joking....there's no way a person can be that dumb...can there??
::laughs nervously::

we should also ban zelda/sheik and PT cuz they use more than one character. hahh

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
I was pretty excited to get Brawl, but I was seriously disappointed in how horrendously overpowered some of the characters are.

I've comprised a list of characters that should be banned from tournament play, due to severe imbalances in design.
  • Diddy Kong : Unlike Peach's turnips, bananas have a natural advantage on balanced levels, such as Final Destination and Battlefield, giving him an edge in tournament play.
  • Samus & Zero Suit Samus : With a simple press of the Shield button at the beginning of the game, Samus becomes ZSS, providing many items, giving that player an unfair advantage at the beginning of the match.
  • Wario : His motorbike gives him an unnecessary speed boost for a heavy character, and destroying it allows him to use the parts as thrown items, creating an imbalance.
Harhar?

10char.

Enzo_

Smash Rookie
WOW...........ummmmm..........yeaaaaaa....uhhh.....idk wha.....HUH???

I don't think luigi should be allowed. His taunt does damage...i mean how unfair is that?

Platanos

Smash Cadet
I think it's funny that the debated best character in the game, Wolf, isn't even considered in this list.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
but...but...but what about the most obvious ban?

ICE CLIMBERS!!!!

THERE'S ****ING TWO OF THEM!!! OH NOES!

good laugh though, i'm satisfied

Epok

Smash Ace
Ya know.... I'm a nice guy but... there are some time that other people make it impossible for you t be nice about things. I almost wanna let is slide cause you are new to the boards, but I would be do you, me and SWF all a disservice if i let this slide.

THIS IS THE DUMBEST S*** I HAVE EVER HERD ON THE BOARDS BAR NONE!!

First of all, your naiveté is KILLING me. none of these things are as nearly as overpowered as you think. Plus a game is NEVER GOING TO BE PERFECT! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!! As long is there is a diversity in different characters some will be better than others. Get over it.

• Second of all. bananas are f****** sweet! there supposed to be a good projectile and give you an advantage. You wanna win don't you? Or is this "Super I wanna lose all the time because I don't wanna use things I think are broken but really not.... Brawl" not to mention... YOU CAN

A.) Block

B.) Dodge

Or...

C.) Catch them. YOU CAN USE THME TO YA DUMMY!!!

Can't tell you how many time people I have played people that use bananas against me. NOT BROKEN! Get over it

[*] Snake : Has the ability to replicate most of the destructive banned items.
    Wow you have a really good point there... NOT! He throws grenades and buries mines! Oh not what am I to do. well lets see you can

A.) Block

B.) Dodge

Or...

C.) Catch them. YOU CAN USE THME TO YA DUMMY!!!

Guess you would have to ban Link and Toon Link because they have bombs! But I bet you like Link don't you?

NOT BROKEN get over it!

[*] Lucario : Aura is just too powerful.
    *Insert "IT'S OVER 9000" joke here*
    Guess it sure does feel that way when you getting hit by it. It's not that bad.

BLOCK OR DODGE!!

Get over it!

[*] Mario : Fludd provides too good of an Edge Guard.
    Shouldn't have gotten knoced of the stage in the first place. You had it comming for not knowing how to recover

* Insert "YOU MUST RECOVER" joke here*

[*] Pit : His Up + B is far superior to all of the other recovery moves.
    Well playing him would help you get around the F.L.U.D.D now wouldn't it?

[*] Samus & Zero Suit Samus : With a simple press of the Shield button at the beginning of the game, Samus becomes ZSS, providing many items, giving that player an unfair advantage at the beginning of the match.
    Well... uhhh well.. we said that already. A.) B.) C.)

[*] Wario : His motorbike gives him an unnecessary speed boost for a heavy character, and destroying it allows him to use the parts as thrown items, creating an imbalance.
    First of all that move kick a**

Repeat A.) B.) and C.)

[*] Sonic : Banned in team matches, due to possible abuse of his spring recovery.
    What?

[*] King Dedede : Imbalanced chain grabs.
    Don't get grabbed. GET THE F*** OVER IT

[*] R.O.B. : Banned in teams, his gyros can provide a possible Edge Guard.
Yeah you should take your own advice and you might do a little better!

Oh, no, opinions!

You're just afraid of having your character banned in Brawl.
Oh, no opinions your just afraid you will lose in tournaments cause characters in brawl aren't banned.

Sigh sorry I had to be a d*** but hopefully this will shed some light on the subject and we can close this before you get flamed some more. Just do your self a favor and don't say anything about wave dasing. And have a nice day :)

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
why should they get two chars when i only get one? that's not even fair, man

to the poster above me: 0/10

MeLOVESdaPikachu

Smash Cadet
Wow. So at least one pro smasher has moved beyond banning every item and most of the stages, and now wants to take out CHARACTERS?! Gosh, I hate the uptightness of the competitive community. Every character has their own strengths and weaknesses.

I think they're actually trying to put in randomness that you people can't edit out. Y'know, like that whole slip and fall thing they have now. Yeah, I can just see that.

"GAME!"

"No fair, the game cheated and I randomly slipped!"

Maybe you should find some game with absolutely no variable or random elements. Something that always stays the same. Like... chess.

Kraken, you have failed.

Epok

Smash Ace
epok: if you don't know i honestly don't think you ever will

trolling reaching maximum power
Oh come on get a sense of humor. That was my first official flame ever. Why should I get singled out if half the things on her are being said by other people. Yeah it was a little intense but its not like I want the guy to die in a fire or anything. So don't start calling me an elitist tourney tard cause I'm not. Sure I do tournaments but I'll be the first person to say smash is for everybody, even for the guy who made this thread, but you'd be kidding your self if you did not think that's idea is half baked if not totally ignorant. I have been flamed just like that guy, so I know what it's like. But you have to be man enough to take it if your gonna say something like that on the boards, bottom line.

But seeing as I do have a heart I will apologize for the tough love.

bigafromusclekid

Smash Cadet
Okay....

So if we take out all the characters out of competitive play, what exactly would we do to play the game??

I think if we take the playable characters out of the game, we should just put bets on Lvl 9 CPUs.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Oh come on get a sense of humor. That was my first official flame ever. Why should I get singled out if half the things on her are being said by other people. Yeah it was a little intense but its not like I want the guy to die in a fire or anything. So don't start calling me an elitist tourney tard cause I'm not. Sure I do tournaments but I'll be the first person to say smash is for everybody, even for the guy who made this thread, but you'd be kidding your self if you did not think that's idea is half baked if not totally ignorant. I have been flamed just like that guy, so I know what it's like. But you have to be man enough to take it if your gonna say something like that on the boards, bottom line.

But seeing as I do have a heart I will apologize for the tough love.
this is priceless

thank you kraken

you have made my day

through trolling

Epok

Smash Ace
Wow. So at least one pro smasher has moved beyond banning every item and most of the stages, and now wants to take out CHARACTERS?! Gosh, I hate the uptightness of the competitive community. Every character has their own strengths and weaknesses.
Honestly, I don't think that guy is some hyper pro smasher. But you have to understand there have to be some rules to create balances in the game with stages and items. What if you were in the final match for $5000 and you lost cause a golden hammer spawned right next to your opponent, or you got hit by the Ultimate Chimera on new pork city. Or you were Bowser and your opponent was Fox and all he did was shoot you and run away on Hyrule Temple because he knows you can't keep up. I don't think that there is a legitimate pro player that would ever want to ban characters.

AsuraWeapon

Smash Cadet
is this a joke?

for poeple that agree with the OP or if it's not a joke:

i do prefer to play without items myself, but items were NOT hard to catch in Melee, and they're stupid easy to catch even if you're not trying to catch something in Brawl... most of these items can be used against the originator easily, and the character was given such for balance...

so, Samus armor being thrown is like any other weak projectile attack in that they can be reflected, and again, easily caught and thrown back...

Snake is slow and has unorthodox moves which can also hurt him... his bombs don't even kill until higher %...

Wario's bike is avoidable, it doesn't do much damage, and you can friggin' knock Wario off easily OR JUST SHIELD GRAB HIM RIGHT THE **** OFF...

Lucario's Aura power comes at the extreme risk of dying easily at a high % since he's not heavy...

only two bananas can be on the screen at once and they don't do much-- find a simple strategy to avoid them or use them on Diddy yourself... (note: you can pick them off the ground)

adjust your recovery tactics or change your character if Mario's FLUDD is owning you...

Pit is a lightweight with suprisingly short reach for having two swords, and he can be hit out of his glide or Up-B (both of which CANNOT be restarted again until he touches the ground)... hell, if Pit attacks while gliding or flying he loses the ability until grounded again...

i'd like to see an effective strategy that really whomps the other team by having Sonic and his partner jump on the spring, when the other team can easily jump on the spring too for recovery or pursuit.. lol

can Dedede infinite chain throw? no... so, somebody should re-evaluate their skills if they get thrown more than 3 times in a row...

as for ROB's discs: are you kidding?

most of all, none of these character "inbalances" are random or arbitrary (though Dedede throws those spiked sonsa*****es and sometimes a pill)... hell, in Melee Peach could do 80% with her d-smash, pull stitch-faces, bob-ombs, beam swords, and Mr. Saturns and she wasn't banned...

Epok

Smash Ace
this is priceless

thank you kraken

you have made my day

through trolling
I'm at the point that I don't care if this is a joke thread or not now I'm just having fun it's 4 in the morning I'm bored as hell. My brain feels like cabbage. Too bad my first flame ever was probably on a joke thread. *Insert "EPIC FAIL" joke here*. Ya know while were at it *insert over use of "INSERT JOKE HERE" joke...here*? It's all gravy though, I laughed at myself.

sweet avatar by the way, Phoenix is the s***

They should ban thumbs cause they let you do broken moves in brawl :psycho:

Tomanator33

Smash Apprentice
You cant ban a character, stages are one thing and so are items but to ban any character is a joke. To ban any character at a pro level in this game is a joke. If your good with any character you can do quite well against any other character. Also if this list was real then fox would have to be on it because of his shine, Marth because is moves have to little lag for how powerful they are, and snake because he has AT that no other character can do. See my point here?

inl

Smash Rookie

if thats the case, then ban:

Kirby- he can suck up people and walk off
Marth/ike/link/toonlink - they have swords.
Olimar - whoa all those pikmin, so no fair!
Ness- pk thunder can be controlled, thats cheating.
Peach - can pull beamsword? Wtf?!

hell, why dont you just ban everybody?

Pizzaguylol

Smash Cadet
On a more serious note, banning characters isn't acceptable. Thats a serious lrn2play thing going on right there. I hate certain characters and think they're godly, but I would never ban them because I know people love to play them even if I personally don't. The only fighting games I'd say "ok" to being banned in professional play are games where bosses are playable and have unfair advantages like Tekken (Devil Jin), Mortal Kombat (Shao Kahn, Mortaro, Kintaro, etc.) or Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Akuma). In Brawl, there is no need to ban any characters. Period, end of sentence.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice

You missed some, let me help you:

Bowser/ DK : Has a suicide throw

Ice Climbers : Can de-sync ( don't know how it's spelled)

Falco : Laser lock while player is on ground

Kirby : Can suicide with B move while in air.

Link/ Toon Link : Can block projectiles by just standing still.

Luigi: Only character that can KO with a taunt

Metaknight : Too many spam-able moves

Captain Falcon : His moves come out too fast, especially his jabs.

Ness/ Lucas : Can Heal with down B

Peach : Can pull items out of ground other than turnips but very rare.

Olimar : If using his "pikman whistle" at the right time when an attack hits him there is no knock back from the attack

Pokemon Trainer/ Zelda/ Sheik : Can use Down B for invincibility frames

Wolf : Can do an odd form of wavedash by using his forward B then pressing B again at the right time.

Ike : Has super armor while using up B, can even use against some final smashes.

Yoshi : Can roll and keep his shield up.

Pikachu : His down B can be abused when people are above you.

Marth : The tip of his sword is too strong and has a really long reach which is unfair for characters with no reach

Ganondorf : Side B can suicide and it has super armor frames.

G&W : Hard to see on Final Destination.

Jigglypuff : Rest can still KO at relatively low percentages

Hmm... That's all I can think of at the moment. While I figure out if theres anymore go ahead and play Fox, Final Destination, No items to pass the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom