• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary length...

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
Just checking something...and I figured this could be the best thread for it:

Is there a difference in the story whether you choose Mario or Kirby at the beginning, and which princess you save in the game?

Or is it all just completely optional, and has no affect on the story/levels you play/etc.?
As far as I know, picking Mario or Kirby has no effect. If you choose to save Peach, then Zelda will be turned into a trophy & you'll fight a Dark Zelda later on. If you save Zelda, then it's the opposite. Eventually, you have to fight a Dark version of both of them at the same time. Beating them there makes them join your team. Other than that, there's no difference; you still play the same levels.

CMWaters

Smash Rookie
As far as I know, picking Mario or Kirby has no effect. If you choose to save Peach, then Zelda will be turned into a trophy & you'll fight a Dark Zelda later on. If you save Zelda, then it's the opposite. Eventually, you have to fight a Dark version of both of them at the same time. Beating them there makes them join your team. Other than that, there's no difference; you still play the same levels.
OK. I was wondering about that because I remember in the Subspace trailer...one of them anyway...it had Mario fighting Petey insted of Kirby.

Either that was a level revisit or the Boss Rush mode I've heard 'bout then.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
It's actually Easy->Normal->Hard->Intense->Very Intense
What?

My god, thats some dumb difficulty level choice... I don't mean to whine.. actually, I do. Why they just did not called them the same is out of my mind. More pointless confusion.

Top Bottom