• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary length...

Luz

Smash Apprentice
I've heard it's 6 ~ 8 hours long. Either way, we're in for a long ride. And by we, I mean approximately 10~20% of the SWF community who actually seem to care about SSE.

xpnet

Smash Cadet
Some of use would like to unlock characters without exploiting the match ups.. So we would like to pair up with a friend to play SSE on easy to unlock everyone and get a feel for the game and enjoy the first few hours of the game before we battle it out. So we would like to know how long it will take..

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I've heard it's 6 ~ 8 hours long. Either way, we're in for a long ride. And by we, I mean approximately 10~20% of the SWF community who actually seem to care about SSE.
Their loss. *shrugs*

So. how long do you think it takes to get to Lucario? I'm aiming to unlock him ASAP.

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
I've heard that it's 6 - 8 hours as well. Of course, that would depend on your own skill with the game ;). But for the average dude... And what difficulty is this all on? Easy?

Fortunately, me and my bros are gonna play SSE all straight through in one day and then just vs. each other till we die. :)

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
I've heard that it's 6 - 8 hours as well. Of course, that would depend on your own skill with the game ;). But for the average dude... And what difficulty is this all on? Easy?

Fortunately, me and my bros are gonna play SSE all straight through in one day and then just vs. each other till we die. :)
great minds think alike

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a launch party that Monday so I'm going to try to play through it on Sunday. It seems awesome I caught a video walkthrough of it and it didn't seem too long.

ZeldaSheik

Smash Cadet
wow 8 hours that's pretty good!
Thank god it's not 80 like some Tales games.
well...then again...

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
It took me and friend 8 hours to complete on Normal, and then an additional 30minutes to go back for Wolf, ToonLink and J-Puff. I'm trying to get 100% now, and have clocked 15 hours to get 99%. I'm sure this can be knocked down to 10-12 if you actually know what you're looking for. I just can't find that last percent!!

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
it's not until around 4 or 5 hours in that unlockable characters start joining your team. If I can remember correctly Marth and Falco are the first to show up at around 4 hours (about half way through). Then Lucario and Snake about an hour later, followed soon by G&W. At around 6 hours, Falcon shows up followed soon by R.O.B. By 7 hours, you're probably in the subspace levels, and you'll get Luigi and Ness, and by 8 hours you're probably close to the end of subspace where you'll get Ganondorf and Sonic. Then after clearing subspace, you can get Wolf, ToonLink, and Jigglypuff.

HighInDaSky

Smash Cadet
I think it took me and my roommate like 10 hours to complete on normal. We kept on getting game overs especially at the latter stages lol.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding me? 8 ****ing hours? Holy crap that's overkill. I was expecting only 2 at MAX.

How much content can they stuff in there? I'm extremely intrigued now.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
It makes you wonder if they'll make a game that's just like SSE without the VS. as well. Although the idea seems sacreligious, can you imagine what they could do if they made a game primarily like SSE for the Smash Brothers characters? Especially if they have people from Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts helping them?

A 25+ hour SSE game FTW! Though this certainly is nice. :)

Repryx

Smash Champion
Meh Im not mad @ the length....this is gonna be too fun though!

-Ciao

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
Hm, my intention was to get the game at midnight and play through the SSE till I unlocked all the chars, I assume you can solo through it and it wont take too much longer? (Prolly will play it on easy or normal first time through)
Unfortunately none of my friends here who play brawl wont bother playing it through with me since it wont help their gamefile ;(.
Hmm...get all chars through that, or vs mode..hmm....

CMWaters

Smash Rookie
Just checking something...and I figured this could be the best thread for it:

Is there a difference in the story whether you choose Mario or Kirby at the beginning, and which princess you save in the game?

Or is it all just completely optional, and has no affect on the story/levels you play/etc.?

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
Well 6-8 hours is great for me cause i have school the next day and I want all the characters unlocked by Sunday :]. And I want to unlock them all by SSE, can't believe other people aren't excited about the sub space that much...
wait..you can unlock every character in the sub space right?

CMWaters

Smash Rookie
Well 6-8 hours is great for me cause i have school the next day and I want all the characters unlocked by Sunday :]. And I want to unlock them all by SSE, can't believe other people aren't excited about the sub space that much...
wait..you can unlock every character in the sub space right?
Yes.

However from what I've seen...Wolf, Toon Link and Jigglypuff you have to find in secret rooms, and they don't really affect the plot.

JT_productions829

Smash Cadet
it's not until around 4 or 5 hours in that unlockable characters start joining your team. If I can remember correctly Marth and Falco are the first to show up at around 4 hours (about half way through). Then Lucario and Snake about an hour later, followed soon by G&W. At around 6 hours, Falcon shows up followed soon by R.O.B. By 7 hours, you're probably in the subspace levels, and you'll get Luigi and Ness, and by 8 hours you're probably close to the end of subspace where you'll get Ganondorf and Sonic. Then after clearing subspace, you can get Wolf, ToonLink, and Jigglypuff.

umm.. i dont think its 4 or 5 hours. When i played SSE on my cousins wii, i had a total play time of about 1.5 hours and already unlocked marth and ness. Acutally, maybe after 2 hours of play. i dont know, i forgot.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
The length of the game doesn't matter as much to me as the replay value does. I'd like to be able to play The Subspace Emissary over and over and over again if I can.

Glix

Smash Cadet
I'm so pumped for this. I'm gonna play co-op all night with my girl, so she can try out all the characters and find one she is comfortable with.

The cinema scenes look great...

Douten

Smash Rookie
I can't wait to play SSE too : )
I'll probably play it with a friend and try not to rush through it but get everything. :3

Dreminem

Smash Cadet
yeah, me and my bro are probably going to do it after everyone leaves our house. Probably won't get it done till next weekend though since non of our friends have Wii's so no doubt they will be over here all weekend. Maybe me and my bro will get it on a weekday.

Can you save and come back to it? If not then it will be really hard for us to do it without someone wanting to come play brawl since we don't really have time other than the weekend to sit through 8 hours of smash lol.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
yeah, you can save the game and come back later.

Ness does show up pretty early (same with Marth), but I couldn't tell if Ness was unlocked after his first appearance in the Subspace because I had already unlocked him in Vs. mode. He doesn't really join your subspace team until right before the end.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Hate to use chatspeak, but LOLZ, is that ALL?
I sat there and played Metroid Prime for a whole 8 hours, 33 minutes, and beat it!
That measly little 6 hours is gonna be a snap!
Especially for good players!
But, I guess I shouldn't be speedrunning it.
But maybe I should........
But only the really long parts, which I did that in adventure mode on SSBM too.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I watched some guy w ith no skill or even knowledge of the basic game and game play beat it on intense in just over 7 hours. I plan on beating it in 6 hours...since my brother will lag me behind! :laugh:

Douten

Smash Rookie
I watched some guy w ith no skill or even knowledge of the basic game and game play beat it on intense in just over 7 hours. I plan on beating it in 6 hours...since my brother will lag me behind! :laugh:
Wow are you serious? It's gonna be that easy? I would expect some length in intense mode, that's the hardest one right? >.>;;
Well I guess it's better than nothing heheh

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Wow are you serious? It's gonna be that easy? I would expect some length in intense mode, that's the hardest one right? >.>;;
Well I guess it's better than nothing heheh
It's actually Easy->Normal->Hard->Intense->Very Intense

Top Bottom