• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary (By: Sluigi123) GOLD Coming Soon!

Do you like this stage?

• Total voters

meow

Smash Apprentice
So I tried to put this over an expansion stage (essentially the training room stage) and everything was black.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I tried putting it onto any stage with rels you provided, and got a black stage with the main platform (still invisible)

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
The stage requires a Battlefield .rel file made specifically for going over custom stage slots.

meow

Smash Apprentice
The stage requires a Battlefield .rel file made specifically for going over custom stage slots.
How'd you know?! I tried that and it works thanks! I just edited one of the provided .rels and put it as stg_customXX.rel to make it work haha.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Only over custom stages? Will that rel work on the other stages?
What stage are you trying to put it over?

How'd you know?! I tried that and it works thanks! I just edited one of the provided .rels and put it as stg_customXX.rel to make it work haha.
In general, most custom stages are made over either Final Destination or Battlefield.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
All stages that already had a rel for them in the download

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123

COMING SOON!
I hope you're having a great time playing with my multiple versions of my stage. Those of you who're wondering of when the next update is going to be: it'll be sometime after Nintendo's next direct. The next version of this pack will have an up-to-date color pack with 5 colors from all versions to choose from, including Rainbow, along with a GOLD version of this stage, which will be a legal, counter-pick stage for tournaments, though this is optional; all layouts will start off with being the most obvious ones, taking ones from the other versions of this stage and other tournament legal stages from Project M, to the brand new ones that'll be considered to be chosen/voted by whom you may ask? :confused:

That answer my friends is YOU! I'm now taking feedback from anyone, from brand new people in this forum, to the most mentioned, and all it needs to go through is only my approval, to make sure the layouts are tournament-legal. Though there is a dead-line for this, and that'll be April 20th. Any ideas can go to either the thread, or PM-ing me. Have fun, and good luck finding ideas! :p

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
It's a shame this stage isn't in the vanilla PM build. It's seriously one of my favorites in the game. The only issue would be regarding permanently replacing it with something...

Last edited:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
It's a shame this stage isn't in the vanilla PM build. It's seriously one of my favorites in the game. The only issue would be regarding permanently replacing it with something...
I know right? :laugh:

Also, since Project M pulled off another doosy (<- not a word) via Turbo Tuesday, one more piece of music will be added in the music list, and that is the "More Than Just Comrades" - By DJ the S. Don't worry, it'll loop perfectly, before release. :grin:

Hope your body(s) is ready!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I just wanted to say that I use your various Subspace Emissary stages, and it's my overall favorite stage in my custom Project M build. It's really fun, especially for FFA/team matches, and giving it trance, chiptune, or techno music really blends in with the stage IMO. However, I feel like there are ways to make it even more competitive. Since you're looking for some constructive critism, here's my two cents!

First off, I only have one complaint that really bothers me. There's a pretty big issue that some may have with the stage, and I mean that quite literary; the stage itself is too big. Like I said, it's great for FFA's and team battles, but it's not that great for 1 on 1's. Maybe you could shrink the stage by, at most, 25%. That way, 1 on 1's could go by a lot faster, and there wouldn't be as much camping going on throughout the matches.

Other than that, the stage is well done and a lot of fun to play on. However, there is some room for improvement. For example, it would be really cool if there was a version of the stage where the platforms are constantly moving, ala Dracula's Castle. It would also be cool if the colors could constantly change in the stage, but I'm not sure if that's even possible or not. I'll let you know if I come across any more ideas!

Also, what happens if it's past April 20th and there's still no Nintendo Direct? :p

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I just wanted to say that I use your various Subspace Emissary stages, and it's my overall favorite stage in my custom Project M build. It's really fun, especially for FFA/team matches, and giving it trance, chiptune, or techno music really blends in with the stage IMO. However, I feel like there are ways to make it even more competitive. Since you're looking for some constructive critism, here's my two cents!
All I can really say is: Thank you for your honest opinion and hope this stage gets more popular later in the future.
First off, I only have one complaint that really bothers me. There's a pretty big issue that some may have with the stage, and I mean that quite literary; the stage itself is too big. Like I said, it's great for FFA's and team battles, but it's not that great for 1 on 1's. Maybe you could shrink the stage by, at most, 25%. That way, 1 on 1's could go by a lot faster, and there wouldn't be as much camping going on throughout the matches.
Don't worry, there'll be a smaller version of this stage, like the other versions, except the Crazy version. The base platform will be 81% its original size, as usual, and the platforms will get placed slightly diferent, but the layouts will still be the same, to compensate it.
Other than that, the stage is well done and a lot of fun to play on. However, there is some room for improvement. For example, it would be really cool if there was a version of the stage where the platforms are constantly moving, ala Dracula's Castle. It would also be cool if the colors could constantly change in the stage, but I'm not sure if that's even possible or not. I'll let you know if I come across any more ideas!
Now that you said that, there'll be a few layouts where some platforms' primary color would be the complete opposite to its original colors, like Green being the opposite of Pink. The constant color changing is possible to do but it'll take a while for me to do it, which is why I'm updating my color pack so it's up-to-date, and the Rainbow colored version being added as well.
Also, what happens if it's past April 20th and there's still no Nintendo Direct? :p
As you already know, the direct happened at April 9th, which I was a bit surprised about. I'll give y'all the release date of the Gold version by that time.

EDIT: As for the platforms with a different color will move constantly within those layouts.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

COMING SOON!
I hope you're having a great time playing with my multiple versions of my stage. Those of you who're wondering of when the next update is going to be: it'll be sometime after Nintendo's next direct. The next version of this pack will have an up-to-date color pack with 5 colors from all versions to choose from, including Rainbow, along with a GOLD version of this stage, which will be a legal, counter-pick stage for tournaments, though this is optional; all layouts will start off with being the most obvious ones, taking ones from the other versions of this stage and other tournament legal stages from Project M, to the brand new ones that'll be considered to be chosen/voted by whom you may ask? :confused:

That answer my friends is YOU! I'm now taking feedback from anyone, from brand new people in this forum, to the most mentioned, and all it needs to go through is only my approval, to make sure the layouts are tournament-legal. Though there is a dead-line for this, and that'll be April 20th. Any ideas can go to either the thread, or PM-ing me. Have fun, and good luck finding ideas! :p
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Will the updated versions have the background fixed? That's the one thing I was waiting on to redo the previews haha.

Edit: Also maybe, a layout for the stages would be something like a combination of the moving platform on Smashville, with the platforms of Battlefield? Or a Skyloft-ish one with platforms off the edge of the stage, with the one up top moving around? Idk just throwing whatever pops into my head out there haha

Last edited:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Will the updated versions have the background fixed? That's the one thing I was waiting on to redo the previews haha.

Edit: Also maybe, a layout for the stages would be something like a combination of the moving platform on Smashville, with the platforms of Battlefield? Or a Skyloft-ish one with platforms off the edge of the stage, with the one up top moving around? Idk just throwing whatever pops into my head out there haha
You told me earlier that you're going to give me one of my .pac files with the graphics fixed. If you did, then I'm as blind as a bat right now.

As for layouts, I'm starting with the most simplest layouts first, then I'm gonna go do something that I didn't do for the other versions, in order to make this one special.

Also
More music will be added into the next update besides the one above, and they'll be the last ones.

Last edited:

Sumodude-S51

Smash Cadet
One of my favorite custom stages ever made. Bravo, sir.

Side note: I found the reason why some people were getting the black screen problem. For whatever reason, all of the .rel files (or at least the ones I used) included in your download are actually over the Final Destination base instead of Battlefield like it needs to be. It's simple to fix, of course, but it was enough of a hurdle to keep some (like me) from trying out this stage right away...

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I'm Back! And better than ever!

My apologies for my multiple months of absence: Have to work night shifts, working with the Reality 64 Team, and another side project that I myself am working on.

This is so you'd know that this is not dead overall! I was just very busy, that's all.

Other than that, a lot of stuff happened out here, SSB Wii U has "reached 3rd base and is making its way to home base," and what-not. I decided to add in even more music than any version ever, that means more than 8.

GOLD 1.0.0 will be the biggest update by far! (This list may indeed change as time passes.)

[COLLAPSE=GOLD 1.0.0 Change-Log]
  1. There'll be 2 styles of each version of this stage: one for Project M, and one for VBrawl. This is for system mechanic differences from one style to another. There'll be a 3rd style, but it'll be a while for this to even be happening.
  2. The color "Rainbow" is being added to all versions. Sadly, it'll not go like: Red to Orange to Yellow to etc. All colors will be out at once. There'll be one more color being added; it'll just be my little secret. :)
  3. All colors will be up-to-date in general. The platforms itself and the background will be slightly different to one another: Platforms / Background
    1. Orange / Red
    2. Light Green / Hunter Green
    3. Yellow / Slightly Dark Yellow
    4. Teal / Blue
    5. Light Gray / Rainbow
  4. There's a graphic problem that causes the base and floating platforms' textures to not loop properly; this is indeed being fixed as of right now, with help from my buddies of course! (DIE GLITCH!!!)
  5. All SSS stuff needed for Project M is up-to-date with version 3.5.
  6. The rest of the REL files are added in order to have this stage to go over any stage you desire.
  7. More than 8 pieces of music is being added into this update!
  8. Apperently, the main platform isn't fully together with the floor collision properly, it's technically off by 0.1 units. This is barely noticeable, and is indeed fixed.
  9. More animations are being added to the tornadoes in the background, so it won't just do nothing throughout half of it's entire animation.
  10. The Z-scale on all the platforms are shortened dramatically; they'll be moved forward/backward slightly to compensate it. (1.5 -> 1.0)
[/COLLAPSE]

GOLD version of the stage will get a different approach upon all the other versions, but takes up a lot of time and effort to work on, unless I put 100% of my time, excluding personal reasons, onto this.

Due to my lack of free-time, and I just started getting back from my other projects, the release is being postponed. I hope I get this update released before the end of this year, and have fun playing Project M 3.5, Smash 3DS/Wii U by then!

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I'm Back! And better than ever!

My apologies for my multiple months of absence: Have to work night shifts, working with the Reality 64 Team, and another side project that I myself am working on.

This is so you'd know that this is not dead overall! I was just very busy, that's all.

Other than that, a lot of stuff happened out here, SSB Wii U has "reached 3rd base and is making its way to home base," and what-not. I decided to add in even more music than any version ever, that means more than 8.

GOLD 1.0.0 will be the biggest update by far! (This list may indeed change as time passes.)

[COLLAPSE=GOLD 1.0.0 Change-Log]
  1. There'll be 2 styles of each version of this stage: one for Project M, and one for VBrawl. This is for system mechanic differences from one style to another. There'll be a 3rd style, but it'll be a while for this to even be happening.
  2. The color "Rainbow" is being added to all versions. Sadly, it'll not go like: Red to Orange to Yellow to etc. All colors will be out at once. There'll be one more color being added; it'll just be my little secret. :)
  3. All colors will be up-to-date in general. The platforms itself and the background will be slightly different to one another: Platforms / Background
    1. Orange / Red
    2. Light Green / Hunter Green
    3. Yellow / Slightly Dark Yellow
    4. Teal / Blue
    5. Light Gray / Rainbow
  4. There's a graphical glitch that causes the base and floating platforms' textures to not loop properly; this is indeed being fixed as of right now, with help from my buddies of course! (DIE GLITCH!!!)
  5. All SSS stuff needed for Project M is up-to-date with version 3.5.
  6. The rest of the REL files are added in order to have this stage to go over any stage you desire.
  7. More than 8 pieces of music is being added into this update!
  8. Apperently, the main platform isn't fully together with the floor collision properly, it's technically off by 0.1 units. This is barely noticeable, and is indeed fixed.
  9. More animations are being added to the tornadoes in the background, so it won't just do nothing throughout half of it's entire animation.
  10. The Z-scale on all the platforms are shortened dramatically; they'll be moved forward/backward slightly to compensate it. (1.5 -> 1.0)
[/COLLAPSE]

GOLD version of the stage will get a different approach upon all the other versions, but takes up a lot of time and effort to work on, unless I put 100% of my time, excluding personal reasons, onto this.

Due to my lack of free-time, and I just started getting back from my other projects, the release is being postponed. I hope I get this update released before the end of this year, and have fun playing Project M 3.5, Smash 3DS/Wii U by then!
I'll be looking forward to this sluigi123! Your work never disappoints.

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
Could you work on making this stage compatible with 3.5? Maybe that could involve giving it the new camera, making it work with All-Star Versus mode, giving new and updated SSS stuff, etc. Please? This was one of my favourite stages and I'd love to see it make a return to P:M in 3.5.

Juken

Smash Ace
Could you work on making this stage compatible with 3.5? Maybe that could involve giving it the new camera, making it work with All-Star Versus mode, giving new and updated SSS stuff, etc. Please? This was one of my favourite stages and I'd love to see it make a return to P:M in 3.5.
You can still use the stage on 3.5; I know this because I put it into my own build of it already. The camera may need to be edited though if they really did change anything with that in 3.5.

I can give you a nameplate for the stage though if you need one since I had to make one for this.
Subspace emissary.png

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Please look at the change-log that I posted to see what will be in GOLD 1.0.0; Yes, the SSS Stuff will be up-to-date with 3.5.

You can still use the stage on 3.5; I know this because I put it into my own build of it already. The camera may need to be edited though if they really did change anything with that in 3.5.

I can give you a nameplate for the stage though if you need one since I had to make one for this.
View attachment 30289
This has been taken care of, as far as I can tell, while I'm updating this, so no worries. ;)

EDIT: OP updated with the new changelog of GOLD 1.0.0. New stuff will be in Pink, and the big one will be the one in Green.

Last edited:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Thank you all that have been supporting this stage for the past 3 years! And here are the fun facts for letting you guys to get even more hyped up:
  • This stage has been featured in the old KC-MM blog last year. However the blog is no longer around, and is currently using their Facebook account as their new blog in place of the old one. Sadly, I never got the chance to see it.​
  • At this time this post is made, this stage his almost there at making it in the Top 100 Downloads on a Stage in Brawl Vault! :D​
And, Oh Handy Man Handy Man , noticed something?

That's right! Only the GOLD version of this stage will get this type of treatment, which they'll be the complete opposite color of the primary stage! Example, Green will be the opposite of Pink. What's more? This stage will be getting more platform layouts than the original!

Since I'm taking a break from Reality 64, I'm going balls-to-the-wall to get this stage done! :psycho:

Last edited:
Top Bottom