• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stutter-step F-Smash: Key to getting more range with WFT?

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5PPYTjTQro

"Input the A a split second after you normally would in a smash attack, before the dash animation starts. Gives you extra range on your smash attack"

Seems easy enough right? In the link above you'll see it being performed. Now I don't know how much distance this stutter-step actually gives you but from the video it seems to be a good amount, enough to make a difference between a whiff and a hit.

Do you guys think this will be a viable thing to do in matches now? Seeing as this is on the 3DS will this tech be easier to perform on the WiiU (assuming it's still in of course)? Thoughts?

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Can't hurt us. I still standby my day 1 impressions in that you shouldn't use her smashes outside of hard reads and setups, so you should really be getting all the range you need anyway if you're moving right.

Again though, more options is never a bad thing.

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
This should stay in the Wii U version. It works to make inputs more forgiving (the same way you can start a jump with tap jump then quickly turn it into a u-smash).

It certainly seems useful, though the range boost is pretty tiny. Even if you're only smashing with hard reads and setups, a little extra range makes it a little easier to have successful smash attacks. I wouldn't want to rely on the range boost, but it should also mean opportunities to smash that didn't exist before.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
stutter step f-smash is mandatory. I think "tiny" is an understatement, I find the range boost to be pretty significant. you can also do reverse stutter step f-smash to take advantage of the weird reverse hitbox that all her moves seem to have

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it definitely seemed like a tiny difference to me. It's been a while since I tested it, but I think the biggest difference I got was about half the width of the brick in Battlefield's brick path closest to the edge (3DS, if that makes a difference). I haven't tried it on Wii U yet.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Stutter step is really easy to perform in the Wii U version, with a second analog stick and all.
while testing and comparing I came to the conclusion that SS-Fsmash has about the same range as Mario's Fsmash, wich is decent. However, WFT's fsmash has a way larger hitbox that potentially punishes rolling behind/into her.

I stutter every time i smash :-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom