• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sturm Meteor Smashing Commander of Black Hole for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
image by @RedFlyNinja

Welcome to Black Hole! Here is the home of the campaign to have our glorious Meteor Striking(Smashing) leader Sturm as DLC for Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. Lord Sturm is the main villain in the first two Advance Wars games, he was not included in the third game however, for reasons unknown,but he got his revenge by shaping the plot for the spinoff fourth game. True he doesn't have the best chances, considering not one Advance Wars character is playable in smash bros yet, but if Sami or Andy do get in, Advance Wars is a big enough series to accommodate a hero and a villain.

Hear his glorious theme

Like most of the other villains in the series, Lord Sturm is a heavy weight fighter, with a similar physic to Ganondorf, though slightly shorter. His moveset is based on wielding a meteor like a ball and chain, he is powerful, but not as powerful as the Demon King Ganondorf. Here is his moveset.
Stats
Weight: Slightly less than Bowser.
Height: slightly shorter than Ganondorf
Grab range: standard chain width.
Running speed: slightly faster than Ganondorf.
Jump height: slightly higher than Ganondorf.
Fall speed: Slightly more than Captain Falcon, but slightly less than Fox.
Crawls: No
(note some of these may change with more contributors)
A attacks
A: A standard punch.
AA: A second punch.
AAA: Brings a mini meteor on a chain down.
FA: Swings a meteor in front of him.
DA: Quickly sweeps a meteor beneath him.
UA: Jumps up while holding a meteor.
Dash: Falls over while swinging a meteor on a chain above his head down to the ground.
Grab attacks
GrabA: Knees the opponent.
GrabF: Throws opponent forward then smashes a meteor on a chain on them.
GrabB: Throws opponent behind then swings a meteor on a chain behind him whacking them.
GrabD: Throws opponent on ground then jumps on them with both feet.
GrabU: Swings opponent around on a meteor which launches them upward.
Smash attacks
FSmash: Swing a big meteor in front of him.
DSmash: Smashes two meteors on each side of him.
USmash: Swings a meteor above his head.
Air attacks.
NAir: Swings a meteor around his waist.
FAir: Swings a meteor in front of him.
BAir: Swings a meteor behind him.
DAir: Thrusts both his feet down (like Ganondorf) Can spike opponents.
UAir: Thrusts a meteor on a chain above his head.
Special Attacks
B: Meteor charge, Sturm charges up a meteor and throws it at and opponent (like Samus' charge shot.)
SideB: Cruising Comet, Sturm holds onto the tail of a flaming comet as it pulls it along (Like Charizard's Flame blitz only no recoil damage, since the comet takes all the damage, can let go of comet at any time by pressing B, leaves Sturm in helpless state in the air.
UpB: Comet Climb, Sturm shoots upward on two flaming comets before, falling back down.
DownB: Meteor Smash, Sturm is engulfed in flames as he crashes down to the ground creating a mini explosion.
Custom Moves2
Custom Moves 3
Final Smash: METEOR STRIKE! Sturm goes to the center of the stage and summons a gian t meteor which crashes on the stage creating a huge explosion, the further away from the explosion, the less damage your opponents take.
Taunts
FTaunt: Swings a meteor around and laughs.
DTaunt: Says you don't know my power.
UTaunt: Says I have already won.
Aesthetics
Meteor chain: Modeled after a ball n chain, however the chain of the meteor is made purely of fire like a real meteor tail.
Voice: Deep and raspy with a German accent.
Animations
Idle: Stands with arms crossed.
Idle2: Outstretches arms then returns to idle 1.
Walk: Marches with his arms curled towards his chest and his fists clenched.
Tiptoe: Curls arms towards his chest with his fists clenched and slowly edges forward with his feet.
Run: Curls arms towards his chest with fists clenched, bends his head down a little and runs.
Jump: Jumps with one arm above his head and one arm at his side.
Bjump: Jumps with his arms at chest level and his feet at an angle.
Doublejump: Same as jump except he spins around.
Fall: Same as jump. (looks similar to Ganondorf's fall).
Footstool jump: crouches and jumps. (jump).
Footstooled: Outstretches arms and legs and spins around as he falls.
Crouch: Gets down on one knee while holding up a clenched fist.
Shield: Stands while holding up a clenched fist, with his other hand at his side.
SShield (Roll): Jumps to the side.
Dshield: Steps and leans back.
Airshield: Spins around while covering his face with his arms.
More will be added as more people join Black Hole, Even if Sturm doesn't make the DLC for this game, at least we can drum up enough support for him so that if there is a SSB5, He will be popular by then and have an army of supporters that rivals that of the Space Pirates. But for now STURM FOR DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Someone please make a Sturm headcanon)

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I think Sturm could get more popularity if he had some good memes. Create some good memes Black Hole minions! One inspiration could be the Advance Wars comedy fan series Bob Squad, which starred Sturm as one of the more hilarious main characters on the show, great meme potential.
Man I miss these Advance Wars comedy series, we need an Advance Wars anime.
(Some of the Sturm clones could be alts)

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Is there any gameplay of Sturm? I didn't see any in the videos.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Is there any gameplay of Sturm? I didn't see any in the videos.
Like the other Advance Wars characters (Andy and Sami) you can't directly play as Sturm in the game, you mainly command his forces, but can use his CO power to turn the tide of the battle, same goes for the other Advance Wars characters, so this moveset was pretty much built from the ground up, but I though that since Meteor Strike is Sturm's signature move, why not have him wield a meteor that resembles a ball n' chain. Nobody's ever done that in Smash Bros before, and it could be a really cool moveset.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I support Sturm along with just about any AW character. It would be great to have another heavy-ish Villain to add to the group.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I think Sturm could get more popularity if he had some good memes. Create some good memes Black Hole minions! One inspiration could be the Advance Wars comedy fan series Bob Squad, which starred Sturm as one of the more hilarious main characters on the show, great meme potential.
Man I miss these Advance Wars comedy series, we need an Advance Wars anime.
(Some of the Sturm clones could be alts)
Ever read Totally Flaked? That has a ton of funny stuff that can potentially make memes. Even has a TVtropes page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/TotallyFlaked

I support Sturm along with just about any AW character. It would be great to have another heavy-ish Villain to add to the group.
Any AW rep is good at this point. I still can't believe not even music is used yet from this series. Why deny the world a remixed Jess theme?

Top Bottom