• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stuck

puff..jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
i people.

as of lately i have been watching the way king plays with jigglypuff.
before i watched them i shall be honest i got beat like 99% of the time but after watching a few of them videos i can keep up with my friend now. i personally think we are even at it (he plays sheik)

i have learned all things with jigglypuff now i would say. except for one move that is. i simply cannot do it.
the up tilt +A attack.
i know how to do it. i just connot do it in a match.

usually when i try it i do the up A smash attack instead or the odd time i end up jumping.

if possible could someone explane to me how they do this move so easilu in a match because i honestly think with that move i could improve so much more.

thanks in advance to anyone taht could help me :)

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I had this problem before. The trick for me was to use the lag in some frames even after an L-cancel to hold up on the joystick and you won't jump. Its a nice trick the dair, touch the ground and then up tilt. That's about all I can say for you.

puff..jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
thanks mate. i shall try that in a match next time. hopefully i might be able to do it.

if it works i might just include the Dair into my game more as i dont realy use it all that much

reason i need to use it more is the only way i rest people is. throw+rest or randomly run in and rest lol.
its about time i started working on a new aproatch for it =]

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
if you want to rest more focus on finding when an attack has the most lag and rest them. Smashes and Dash attaks are good places to CC and rest.

puff..jigglypuff

Smash Apprentice
yea i could try that also. it just gets realy obvious when im going to rest because i generally grab lol

i dont smash all two much either though i still do it the odd time.
my game with jigglypuff generally consists to Fairs, Bairs , double back airs and throws with a few rests smashes and Uairs and Dairs.
i dont use them much and i must admit i think i should use the Uair more. i just never seem to be below my opponent to use it :/

i wish i had more people near me to play.
i dont like practicing on computers. they play...weird. they dont jump (usually), very very predictable to counter and always use the annoying tap a attacks lol (best attack they got lmao!)

i shall try your uptilt advice tomorrow if i ever get a chance.
thanx and =]

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I'm not a good tilter either. I do the same thing. Do a move, while in that lag, hold the analog stick the direction you want to tilt. When the lag is over, tap and and you autotilt :)

Sliq

Smash Master
You need to use a buffer move (you don't NEED to, but it makes it easier).

Any aerial can work, really, as long as you land behind them of pivot your tilt.

Top Bottom