• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Streetpass Princeton Brawl tournament/Halloween event.

rco987

Smash Rookie
Date: Friday, October 21st 2011
Time: 2:00PM - 7:00PM
Featured Games: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure, Just Dance 3, Star Fox 64 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords

... StreetPass Princeton invites you to it's first ever Halloween party! We've got a lot going on, so come and celebrate this spooky season with us by dressing up, playing games, dancing and BRAWLING! That's right, we are holding a Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament! First, show us your moves on the dance floor as we warm up the event with Just Dance 3. Then be prepared get your brawl on to compete for cash prizes in our Smash tourney! (competition details below)

Love cosplay as much as we do? Come dressed as your favorite character (video games, anime, comics, it doesn't matter) and you'll automatically be in the running for our Cosplay Contest. Come in your best costume for a chance to win one of five $5 GameStop gift cards! All attendees in costume will also receive bonus "trick or treat" candy.

What is a better way to celebrate Halloween than with some monsters? Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure has plenty of monstrous heroes that will be partying at our event for both 3DS and Wii, courtesy of Agent Spectre. Come and demo this brand new, cross platform, toy/video game hybrid with us! Already a Skylanders fan? Be sure to bring your own Skylanders figures for co-op and pvp play!

In special recognition of Pokemon Rumble Blast releasing in October 23rd, we will be holding a Pokedex 3D "Scan-venger" Hunt. The first two attendees to find the locations of all our hidden Pocket Monsters will win a $5 GameStop gift card!

This event will also highlight The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords and Star Fox 64 3D for casual play.

Food and drinks will be provided for all attendees so be sure to join us for a great day of dancing, gaming, killer brawls, cosplaying and other tricks and treats.
As always, don't be afraid to bring along your other favorite 3DS and DS games for casual play!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Details:

Entry Fee: $5
Schedule:
2:00 PM- Sign in starts
4:00 PM - Tournament starts
Rules:
Preliminaries: 4 player matches. Top player advances. 16 players move to finals.
Finals: 2 player matches.
- 3 stock, 3 minutes for all matches.
- Items Off
- Random Stages (banned stages tbd)
- Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape banned.

Prizes: Cash percentage of funds raised by tournament.
1st place - Up to $500 based on participation
2nd place - Up to $350 based on participation
3rd place - Up to $150 based on participation

blotto5

Smash Rookie
nice

sounds awesome i'll see if i can make it, will probably bring a friend too, how many people are going to be attending?

aqwesd

Smash Rookie
Just kidding, I'm TOTALLY NOT coming. I have to see a guy about a thing that day.

NNID
dansalvato
Will there be room for Melee friendlies?

Also, I suggest you revise the rules. 4 player matches? 3 minute time limit? You're going to piss some people off big time.

Top Bottom