• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wait, Juri isn't a push Charecter? I mean, some of her moves look like they were designed to punish Turtels pure and simple. Based on what little we have seen, what do you think her playstyle is? Because I am really hoping for a pressure character who can punish mistakes hugely.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Either Juri's got very little health or T. Hawk's Super does a crapload of damage. I think it did even more than his Ultra.
Probably both. T. Hawk had the most powerful super in ST so they probably wanted to keep it that way by giving him really powerful Supers and Ultras in SSFIV. Also, from what I interpret about the Ultra damage, Ultras do less damage depending on the opponent's Stamina (ex. Akuma's Ultra Raging Demon does 596 damage against Zangief who has the highest stamina but only 456 against Seth who has the lowest stamina) whereas supers always have a fixed amount of damage, so there's a good chance that T. Hawk's Super does deal more damage than his Ultra against low stamina characters like Juri.

if it weren't for her low health, she's probably be a very good push character, constantly attacking, mixing up, and catching opponents of guard. That pinwheel and diving kick especially reming me of Kim.
I think you mean that she's a very good push character DESPITE her low health. And really, health doesn't have that much to do with how good a character is. Look at Akuma, Seth, Chun Li, and Viper. They have some of the lowest staminas in the game and they're all high tier. It's true that most of the high stamina characters (SAGAT, Balrog, Rufus, Blanka, Zangief) are high tier too, but I attribute that mostly to the fact that SFIV is generally a more defensive game that other SF games so having high stamina for turtling/anti-turtling is important.

Also, I noted that, in the interview, Killian referred to "boss characters," in the plural sense. Hint, perhaps?
Seth (Obviously)
Akuma (Secret Boss)
Gouken (Secret Boss)
Maybe Rival characters.

There you go.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Akuma's ultra deals less dmg to seth because when the health bar reaches 50% the damage scales automatically, so because it does more than 50% of Seth's life when he's at full life, it scales down to 587 while it would do the full 600 to Zangief because it wouldn't scale down from passing through the 50% mark.

This affects all moves.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I think you mean that she's a very good push character DESPITE her low health. And really, health doesn't have that much to do with how good a character is.
I didn't say her health made it impossible for it to be good, I just felt the attack-attack-push-punish strategy kind of loses momentum if you get KO'd after the opponent manages to hit you a few times. I'm probably underestimating her health, but if it's too low it may seriously undermine her effectiveness.

Of course, if she's especially skilled at attacking opponents while overriding their ability to counterattack (a la Akuma), then that won't matter all that much.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Akuma's ultra deals less dmg to seth because when the health bar reaches 50% the damage scales automatically, so because it does more than 50% of Seth's life when he's at full life, it scales down to 587 while it would do the full 600 to Zangief because it wouldn't scale down from passing through the 50% mark.

This affects all moves.
Ohh, ok. I never understood that. Thanks.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

Here is another new stage. If we assume they are going character specific stages based off of the India stage, then who is this hinting at?
That is definetly the Chrysler buliding, you can tell by the replica of a the front of a Chrysler car on the top.
what about the focus attack? Its large and sweeps downward.

Lots of ideas. The next blog is said to have a big reveal. Is this a teaser? Or is the next big reveal a slew of stages? Not sure. Guess we will see.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Please don't let it be Rolento.

So if Cody makes it in, anybody else wondering about the whole prisoner thing from Alpha 3 being ditched?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah, cause Cody and Sakura are totally in the exact same situation.

Cody was put into prison after Final Fight, during SFA 3. That game series takes place before SF II. SF IV takes place after SF II. Just wondering if he'll look like his original Final Fight design.
Like in this fan pic

Besides, even if he was put in the game as one, the other would be a DLC costume I'm sure.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That would actually be kind of cool.

Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway, SF's continuity is already screwed up with SF IV, what's a few more characters? As long as Cody is in it's all good.

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
Yeah I also see it like this. The timeline in between Streetfighter Alpha to Street Fighter 4 is how many years, alot. Sakura is still in her school girl outfit. It's like, it doesn't even make any sense.

Edit: Yeah it doesn't matter

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I remember somewhere that SF IV was 2 years after SF II, and 3rd Strike was 4 years, so SF IV was the midpoint.

IDK where I heard this or if it was remotely close.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah I also see it like this. The timeline in between Streetfighter Alpha to Street Fighter 4 is how many years, alot. Sakura is still in her school girl outfit. It's like, it doesn't even make any sense.

Edit: Yeah it doesn't matter
The whole time line thing is very confusing these days. Assuming they were staying to their word, why is Sakura in school uniform still and people are commenting on how young she is? They mad Gen look older, why not her?

Then there's the whole year setting thing. SSFIV should be like 1994, but it doesn't seem to me that anyone is dressing like they were in the 90's.

I remember somewhere that SF IV was 2 years after SF II, and 3rd Strike was 4 years, so SF IV was the midpoint.

IDK where I heard this or if it was remotely close.
IV takes place a few months after II, SuperIV takes place a year after IV(why?).

kr3wman

Smash Master
sf2 happens in 93 while sf3:2I happens in 98 I think.

sf4 should be something like 94/ssf4 95 or something.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
The whole time line thing is very confusing these days. Assuming they were staying to their word, why is Sakura in school uniform still and people are commenting on how young she is? They mad Gen look older, why not her?

Then there's the whole year setting thing. SSFIV should be like 1994, but it doesn't seem to me that anyone is dressing like they were in the 90's.
The concept of "fanservice" eludes you, doesn't it? :laugh:

Just messin' with ye.

But yeah, the "school girl" character has appeal to some people, I suppose, so she's probably not going to change outfits even if she shows up forty years old in a game.

Anyway, I wonder if they're going to keep revealing multiple characters at once, or if they're going to do it one at a time...

I'm loving Dhalsim's stage, btw.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's an excellent question. This new stage we're seeing suggests either Rolento or Final Fight at the very least. However, I remember hearing lisencing issues wit Capcom USA regarding FF so that's up in the air.

For all we know, we might get Dudley, Ibuki, and Makoto this week. Heck, it could be Karin, R. Mika, and Adon for all we know.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
School girl outfits are comparable to Big Boobs in America. Its a very, very popular fetish for grown women to wear the outfits. Her outfit isn't changing anytime soon.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Sakura was made as a schoolgirl, that's her thing. Cody as a prisoner came out of nowhere, completely different from the original Final Fight where no other characters were drastically changed.

Just wondering if they would use his original design is all.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
That could be Hakken.
There are several reasons to believe this is fake though. Why not show us the rest of the original picture?
Guy's jab looks a little stiff.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
There's a G4 watermark on the lower-left. That's kinda suspect.

Edit:

Definitely fake.

I wish these photoshoppers would stop playing with my emotions. =(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ibuki confirms herself in the best way possible - like a ninja.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yes, I jumped when I saw Ibuki in the title on SRK, but I don't see her in the scans xDD

She's actually getting hit

What a Ninja. So sneaky

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ibuki's kunai? If that really is her kunai in that pic, I'm definitely maining her like I did in SF III.
I can't wait until SSF IV comes out.

And poor Cody... still in prison.

Top Bottom