• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter 4!!! DISCUSS

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Also, throw up any online tags so you guys can start playing online.

DISUCSS ALL ABOUT SFIV!!!!!

so is it what you guys thought it woulod be? Like i've stated before, it seems a lot slower than i originally anticipated. After watching vids, (even of the better people, and from finals of japanese tournaments and stuff) it just doesnt seem fast enough. I am scared to play it and get bored to fast and lose out on a potential game. We'll have to see. Although, regardless of what i think, the community is already growing really fast and the fanbase is really good. Maybe, it can take over brawl?

Gigabits SFIV?

-hiro

Master Raven

Smash Master
I wanna get a stick first before I look into purchasing this.

I'm gonna be maining Chun Li. Unless Vega eventually rises into at least mid tier, I don't think I'd bother using him outside of friendlies and MMs.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
They are definitely going to have street fighter 4 turbo eventually. i guess we have to wait 6 months for it, though.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dunno, the game seems fast enough for me. it was never meant to have like guilty gear speeds so whatever

i know one thing though. this 360 controller is pissing me off. i need to find a fightpad immediately =(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Vega is Vega tier, and not in the good way, which makes me sad.

They deliberately did everything in their power to make him worse.

Either way, I like this game, and I'm going to use him. I need to get it.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Has anybody played with the manly mexican cook luchador yet? I was looking to get it next week and wanted to see how he played, he seems like a mixup of runs and wall jumps into manly *** moves.

Pinkdude

Smash Rookie
yo im sorry, but if anyone here thinks SF4 is a slow game, you deff are not at tournament level. Granted its not as fast as melee, highly doubt anything will be, but SF4 on screen at pro/tournament level may not look fast but its very similiar to melee, where there are tons of button combinations and figures going on with the hands that cant be seen by nub players. For example i doubt any of you can Do a special ex focus to dash to ex ultra combo or for that matter i doubt any of u could even come close to beating trial on hard (for all nubs who do not have the game yet Trial mode is a challenge that has you do extremely hard combos) . If u look at FFA japanese tournaments or any other tournaments, when you see these types of combos preformed it looks like a simple bam bam bam combo, if u look at their hands on the other hand, there fingers n thumbs are at the same speed as melee SHFFL's, wave dashes, and other advance techniques. Honestly if u think SF4 at tournament level is slow, then you have no experience at SF4 n are very noobish.

N e ways, if anyone thinks their good n wants to have some fun matches, add me Gamertag = Unspoken69.... n i won my local gamespot tourny as well ^_^v

Pinkdude

Smash Rookie
True... Capcom's gurantee that if you complete the Trials for the respective character, you are definitely a legit player as a beginner in the tournament scene. I mean...

Sagat's Jump mk -> crouch mk -> EX Uppercut -> Focus Cancel dash -> f-HK -> Ultra takes ****ed timing to execute that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRELeG_JwLg (video demonstration)
Im glad someone here actually knows wth they're talking about, SF4 is not only extremely fast input for some intense combos, but some combos require delay inbetween certain moves in the combo, making it twice as difficult to master.

Heres all 5 hard trials for Ryu... In 2 of the combos you cannot tell by watching, but there are Ex focus to dash cancels, which believe me are harder than u think to just simply put in a combo to keep it going. Its not just the speed that makes this game fast/hard, its the timing that kills everyone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H_IBhothd4

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
pink...arent you the one that used to team with raef in brawl? where you been man??!?

and i havnt done viper's hard trial yet. I still havnt gotten her medium punch linking to crouching medium yet, and thats part of her first hard combo.

her lvl 3 focus --> dash cancel --> ex thunder knuckle --> burst time is smexy though

Pinkdude

Smash Rookie
haha sup gdx, yea i use to team with raef using my ROB... but we stopped brawling n played street fighter 2 getting ready for SF4 n now we are elite at SF4 haha, we both won our gamespot tourneys... I wana see ur viper, i use Balrog n raef be using Ken... add me on Live = Unspoken69

yo we need to start throwing some **** SF4 tourneys man or i need to find a site that shows listin on some tourneys in florida

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Finger speed = tech skill and nobody said it had none of that.

I'm pretty sure hiroshi was referring to just gameplay speed, and it looks just about the same as like SFIII if you ask me. Maybe it appears slower since the animations are smoother? It's also a new game, so you have to give it some time to develop speed, even if it is similar to SF2T. As far as releasing another SFIV Turbo, I don't think it's going to happen. One of the main reasons why SF2 had so many versions was because there were so many glitches and the only way to "fix" them was to release a new SF. There's no need to do that anymore since there's patches and what not.

I like the game. It's fun. I liked Zangief in SF2 but it seems harder to get in on the Shotos/Sagat this game. So I'm sort of looking for a new main, and I think I like Rose. She's a solid player and her shamwow's pretty amazing.

---

Pink, do you check out SRK (Shoryuken) forums? They probably have tournament listings.

Pinkdude

Smash Rookie
Yea me n raef check SRK shoryuken every day. But that site like every 15 min says its too busy, n when you look for tournaments you cant search by like what part of america, its just every state in one thread, its pretty **** bad right now. Hopefully soon they do some work on that site making it similiar to this but for SF4.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Finger speed = tech skill and nobody said it had none of that.

I'm pretty sure hiroshi was referring to just gameplay speed, and it looks just about the same as like SFIII if you ask me. Maybe it appears slower since the animations are smoother? It's also a new game, so you have to give it some time to develop speed, even if it is similar to SF2T. As far as releasing another SFIV Turbo, I don't think it's going to happen. One of the main reasons why SF2 had so many versions was because there were so many glitches and the only way to "fix" them was to release a new SF. There's no need to do that anymore since there's patches and what not.

I like the game. It's fun. I liked Zangief in SF2 but it seems harder to get in on the Shotos/Sagat this game. So I'm sort of looking for a new main, and I think I like Rose. She's a solid player and her shamwow's pretty amazing.

---

Pink, do you check out SRK (Shoryuken) forums? They probably have tournament listings.
Zangief is mega good in SFIV!!! it's like they wanted all of his EX moves to be better than everyone elses. EX Green Hand garuntees just about any grab, he has super armor on his EX running grab. They made it possibly even easier to land grabs now. Oh, and quick lariat>>>some people's ultra. Namely Sakura, where you can input quick lariat after she activates her ultra and hit her out of it.

Zangief is right up there with Ryu/Sagat as it is now, you should stick with him.

nevershootme

Smash Master
gief's EX running grab takes 2 hits to interrupt his attempt to grab u.

even his super and ultra are like freaking nuts to get grabbed faster than raging demon. not to mention he holds yo nuts.

do u guys realize dhalsim talks like a pokemon in game? but in anime cutscene he talks notmally

Pinkdude

Smash Rookie
You know who's mad good who i haven't really seen anyone use to his capability, Dhalsim. Has anyone watched the FFA tournaments or any of Japanese tourneys? Dhalsim be doing some crazy zoning in SF4.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Zangief is mega good in SFIV!!! it's like they wanted all of his EX moves to be better than everyone elses. EX Green Hand garuntees just about any grab, he has super armor on his EX running grab. They made it possibly even easier to land grabs now. Oh, and quick lariat>>>some people's ultra. Namely Sakura, where you can input quick lariat after she activates her ultra and hit her out of it.

Zangief is right up there with Ryu/Sagat as it is now, you should stick with him.
Gief is really good, but he's falling in the tiers right now since people have him figured out. I think he'll end up high, but not top. And Running Bear Grab is a joke, even with absorbing one hit. Very slow and very punishable. Grabs in general are more difficult (or at least less common) because it's a command rather than just forward+HP. You need to be sure that it's going to land since there's an animation for missing a grab rather than just a punch coming out instead. I noticed Zangief's SPD is a bit easier this time around though. It seems like they're less strict about the 360 and you only really need to input 270.

None of that really changes my opinion of him though; I still like him and I'll probably still use him a lot as a primary or a secondary. I just need to find somebody to take care of people that fireball excessively and Rose does the job really well. It works out since Rose's biggest weakness is aggressive, rushdown type of players.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Gief is really good, but he's falling in the tiers right now since people have him figured out. I think he'll end up high, but not top. And Running Bear Grab is a joke, even with absorbing one hit. Very slow and very punishable. Grabs in general are more difficult (or at least less common) because it's a command rather than just forward+HP. You need to be sure that it's going to land since there's an animation for missing a grab rather than just a punch coming out instead. I noticed Zangief's SPD is a bit easier this time around though. It seems like they're less strict about the 360 and you only really need to input 270.

None of that really changes my opinion of him though; I still like him and I'll probably still use him a lot as a primary or a secondary. I just need to find somebody to take care of people that fireball excessively and Rose does the job really well. It works out since Rose's biggest weakness is aggressive, rushdown type of players.
"360's" have never been true 360's. As I know, a 360 in any of the street fighter game is really just 6 points on the joystick (out of 8).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
a 360 in street fighter is actually 7 points, not 6. starting from direction 6, you go all the way around to 8 and it works. you dont have to go to 9

that is weird though how its not a complete 360. oh well my character doesnt have to worry about that :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
thank god. i got a fightpad for 360 on ebay, and it should be in the mail on or before Friday. Im about to throw this 360 controller

Plus its the blanka one. while i dont use the character, green is my favorite color. so its a win win

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My Rog vs your whatever would end before you realized youve been put in the corner. Also Sagat is my secondary and sakura is trash.
My Vega's going to be decent, at least. Hopefully I can take some games in the future.

Vijin

Smash Ace
People are saying SF4 is too slow paced... but the same people play Brawl. Get outta here with that noise.

XBOX tag is The jarlax, add me and let's get some games in!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo im sorry, but if anyone here thinks SF4 is a slow game, you deff are not at tournament level. Granted its not as fast as melee, highly doubt anything will be, but SF4 on screen at pro/tournament level may not look fast but its very similiar to melee, where there are tons of button combinations and figures going on with the hands that cant be seen by nub players. For example i doubt any of you can Do a special ex focus to dash to ex ultra combo or for that matter i doubt any of u could even come close to beating trial on hard (for all nubs who do not have the game yet Trial mode is a challenge that has you do extremely hard combos) . If u look at FFA japanese tournaments or any other tournaments, when you see these types of combos preformed it looks like a simple bam bam bam combo, if u look at their hands on the other hand, there fingers n thumbs are at the same speed as melee SHFFL's, wave dashes, and other advance techniques. Honestly if u think SF4 at tournament level is slow, then you have no experience at SF4 n are very noobish.

N e ways, if anyone thinks their good n wants to have some fun matches, add me Gamertag = Unspoken69.... n i won my local gamespot tourny as well ^_^v
thanks for clarifying that. like how u were saying that onscreen it might seem like simple bam bam bam but it takes a lot more on the actual input side. still, it would have been nice to maybe see a stronger return on screen of what you were doing on your pad.

also, yes, i am a SF noob. I will openly admit that, lol. But now i have a better sense of the game. thanks guys.

-hiro

Top Bottom