• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Straw Graspin': Find evidence for Newcomers

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Why this thread is dying?

Nintendo asked yesterday on twitter and facebook what is your favourite Paper Mario game.

NINTENDO ASKING QUESTIONS CONFIRMED!!! :troll:

Oh c'mon that would have been too predictable.

huh... screw this

PAPER MARIO CONFIRMED :troll::troll::troll:

There we go.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
I'M NOT SURE IF ANYONE ELSE POINTED THIS OUT YET.
But, I only found this out today.:079:
<- This is me, the Slowpoke.

The Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Tengoku(The first Rhythm Heaven game, NOT released outside of Japan.) is an enemy in Smash Run.

It also made an appearance in Rhythm Heaven Fever...

So... yeah. This pushes the Gematsu leak even more.
Chorus Men confirmed?

Maybe..... :troll:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'M NOT SURE IF ANYONE ELSE POINTED THIS OUT YET.
But, I only found this out today.:079:
<- This is me, the Slowpoke.

The Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Tengoku(The first Rhythm Heaven game, NOT released outside of Japan.) is an enemy in Smash Run.

It also made an appearance in Rhythm Heaven Fever...

So... yeah. This pushes the Gematsu leak even more.
Chorus Men confirmed?

Maybe..... :troll:

We've already talked about this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One straw everyon is grasping is that the Sal leak didn't predict Rosalina so maybe there's more than 3 additional newcomers.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Shulk rhymes with hulk, the incredible hulk is green, shrek is also green, miiverse wants shrek, miiverse is also green, kraid is green, kraid is under ridley, Ridley confirmed. credit to
WayfaringElf

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
(Ray)man was confirmed to be a trophy.

Ray MK III confirmed playable.

I'm trying, damnit!

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Rayman confizzled.

unidentified smash4 stage looks like its from rayman.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
4 fire emblem characters (fans think its overkill.)

Fans think 6 pokemon is overkill so fire emblem can get 4 why not pokemon has 6

MEWTWO CONFIRMED.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Robin uses Thunder/Lightning attack, this makes Pikachu disconfir- OH WAIT :4pikachu:

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Kremlings are in Smash Run. King K Rool confirmed!
If Ridley was a boss hazard Sakurai would have said so already. Ridley confirmed!
The Xenoblade Writers are tweeting Smash Bros related news. Shulk confirmed!
A Rhythm Heaven enemy is in Smash Run. Marshal confirmed!

TikySpaco

Smash Rookie
May not be specific to Ridley, but many people interpret screenshots with these captions as Ridley being confirmed.

Yeah, if Ridley was a boss, he would have to give some sort of reward to the player who delivered the last hit, like with the dark emperor and the yellow devil. I can't think of any way Ridley would reward the player, I mean Ridley wouldn't just explode, and we know he IS in the game, so from this I say he'll be playable.

D

Deleted member

club nintedo is offering wario land 2....could it be? Captain syrup?

NorthrnRebel

Smash Rookie
All but two of the characters that made an appearance in the E3 Robot chicken scenes are confirmed for sm4sh.
Pretty sure Ganondorf will return and I'm really hoping Wario comes back too.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
People want Ganondorf to be a magic-using swordsman.

:4robinm::4robinf:

Ganondorf confirmed as Robin clone.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
>Wario gets stated as having a role in SSB4 on eShop
>
An announcer at SDCC (Rough Memory) said:
Waluigi has been trying his whole life to get in to Smash... WARIO on the other hand, is doing a great job.
It's all aligning.
I can see it now.
...BANJO & KAZOOI-*shot*

HyperiorV

Smash Rookie
Sakurai wants to include characters, modes, etc. that he couldn't in Brawl (see the Villager and Miis [wait, how do you pronounce multiple miis?]).
Tetra (or "Toon Sheik") (and Dixie Kong) were considered for Brawl.
Tetra (and Dixie Kong, but hopefully Tetra) confirmed

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Sakurai wants to include characters, modes, etc. that he couldn't in Brawl (see the Villager and Miis [wait, how do you pronounce multiple miis?]).
Tetra (or "Toon Sheik") (and Dixie Kong) were considered for Brawl.
Tetra (and Dixie Kong, but hopefully Tetra) confirmed
Tetra's moveset?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
SSB4 is pushing a huge red vs blue motif, like the 3DS case being red and the Wii U case being blue, and also the Beam Sword's new design (red at the top, blue at the bottom) and Final Destination.
There's also a HUGE red vs blue thing going on with Xenoblade. When entering a new Bionis location, the location title is blue. When it's a new Mechonis location, the title is red.
Shulk's eyes glow blue when he has a vision, and Fiora's eyes glow red when Meyneth takes over.
Blue and red.
Bionis and Mechonis.
Zanza and Meyneth.

...We're getting not one Xenoblade rep, but two. Shulk and Fiora (Mechon body) confirmed!

you have no idea how badly I want this to happen though

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
May not be specific to Ridley, but many people interpret screenshots with these captions as Ridley being confirmed.

I do think this may hint at him as well, as Sakurai does not care about keeping characters to scale.
There's also the potd with rosalina on Pac mans wii u stage, not sure if that was out when you posted this.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
Jill
Evidence: Sakurai himself (or some prominent member of his team) seems to have been watching Gurren Lagaan recently, given the sudden popularity of overpowered drills that have been appearing in his games. First Hades had a massive nipple-drill attack, following by the Drill Arm reappearing in Smash Bros as a powerful weapon. In addition, Jill, who was an assist trophy in Brawl, has not yet appeared amongst the assists this time around.

Chibi-Robo
Evidence: Originally I'd only assumed Chibi-Robo would work if he could somehow have his own custom meter with his avatar to show his watts consumed. When Little Mac appeared, we suddenly got confirmation that some characters could have additional meters other than just their damage. In addition, Bandai-Namco frequently works with Nintendo and Skip LTD. on Chibi-Robo, as their own real life toys (Tamgoatchi, Primopuel, Moppi, etc.) often cameo in Chibi-Robo games.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Captain Rainbow: Fat Mac is a trophy. In Brawl, series with no playable characters got trophies only for their protagonists. (except Animal Crossing)
Fat Mac was never a protagonist, so the protagonist of the game he appeared in is playable.

Come on, Little Mac was teased with his stage before the Direct that revealed him. Rosalina was teased with her stage before the Direct that revealed her. There'll be a new Direct on April, and that's closest thing of a tease that we got. Of course Sakurai didn't show Mimin Island, that would be too spoilerific. Little Mac's stage could pass for a generic stage, and Rosalina's stage could pass for a Mario stage, but Mimin Island can only be Mimin Island. But Fat Mac's trophy could pass for a Punch Out trophy.

(Yes, I know my English sucks.)
I'm not sure that'll be true, considering he's a bit "obscure" nowadays, but it'd be cool if I was wrong! Also, your English is actually spot-on.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I haven't done those in a long time because I don't really have reasons to (since there's solid evidences now for hop), but I will do one anyway.

The potd today felt like the badge system from TTYD.

Paper Mario confirmed :troll:

I still found this similarity interesting tough because I know it's from uprising and not related directly to TTYD.

Top Bottom