• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategic Maps for Kirby?

F1rsTxLas7

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new here but I'm not new to the Smash series or forums in general. I'll post in the new member section later. But for now, here is my question.

Which maps would you guys suggest are positive towards Kirby's moveset, combos and KO kills? Right now I like the neutral Final Destination because there's the possibilty of KO'ing right and left with his side smash and any other of his kicks. I also like it because there is plenty of room to plummet in rock form for a direct hit :) But are there any other maps or strategies you guys can suggest?

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
my favorite neutral map is Lylat Cruise, the ledges gimp other characters far more often then kirby, and the slopes at the edges make most projectiles fly over kirbys head without even crouching, and projectiles that would hit you crouching you could crouch to avoid. and for some reason i just like having the 3 platforms across the top not sure why exactly though lol

F1rsTxLas7

Smash Rookie
Just curious, as I was a little confused until I read the first post, but why do you call stages 'maps'?
Lol, excuse my accent. I'm originally a Halo player and we call different stages maps instead. It's really just a habit, sorry.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
ok personally im interested in this becoming a more detailed serious discussion as id like to come up with good stages for counterpicks so my thoughts
neutral stages in order of preference

Smashville- one moving platform is perfect, it doesnt interfere with final cutter, you can use it to land on with final cutter as a getaway for mind games or avoid punishment, and you can use this platform to avoid campyness plus its a small stage which gives campy players less range to hide in

Lylat Cruise- not sure if this will still be considered neutral but anyways i like the slanted edges as kirby can use these to avoid projectiles without even crouching and crouch ones that would normally hit him, kirbys cutter follows the ground so sometimes his projectile can hit opponents when they cant shoot him back, and the tilting rarely screws up kirbys recovery but can screw up someone like say wolf

Yoshi's Island- fairly good stage, stone form can slide on tilting platform, and you can counter someone comming up vertically from below the edge by stone forming on the slant above the edge (ike maybe?) but also have to be careful to not die if you accidently use stone right on the ledge and end up sliding down, and support ghosts can screw up ness and lucas pk thunder recovery :)

Final Destination- i obviously dont like this stage better then battlefield for characters with chainthrows or good projectiles as well its completely flat :( but for everyone else well its completely flat lol so can spam final cutter if you want for spacing and well the best thing is when the corners gimp people and also inhale and spit into the corner and stage spiking yay

Battlefield- not really bad just my least favorite... there are about 4 places to land with final cutter so cant use that move as much and platforms help approach against projectile characters... yeah its a good stage just i think its the least advantageous to me at least with the exception of projectile characters (wolf still does fairly well here though as the platforms are perfect sweetspot range)

ok thats all for now since those are the stages that obviously are allowed in tournies, also i like halberd and delfino as they have the floating platforms which i think give kirby the option of comming up through the floor rather then being having to come from the edge or the top, and if someone else pops their head up through the main platforn you can use the final cutter spike of doom :D

anyways i would like to hear other peoples opinions since mine probably dont matter much :)

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Most people ban Lylat cruise from what I've seen, but if they don't ban it, that's a good counterpick for you. So is Battlefield and FD. Delphino is also good.

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
Delfino Plaza is a great kirby stage...

you can drop down from the ledge under the stage and attack from down there then grab the ledge and repeat... great if you could use a stall tactic (not condoned) or an easy way to rack up slight damage

yoshii

Smash Ace
I like Green Hill Zone. The curvy ground (concave up is the only way I can think to describe it) allows for quick f smashes and the level is generally small so back airs are great for easy kills. Also the hole that eventually comes in the middle of the stage is great for doing dair kills.

Also, Kirby can easily get around those checkpoint markers that spin around and seem to hit everything.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I usually prefer stages with platforms, like battlefield, yoshi's island, smashville, castle siege, delfino plaza, lylat cruise and of course jungle japes. And sometimes distant planet.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Shadow Moses Island (vulcan jab wall infinites, lol) Delfino Plaza (kirbycides, lol), and Weegee's Mansion (walls, lol).

fetusdoctor

Smash Rookie
Are we just talking about tournament maps or any maps?

If any maps:

-Any map you can walk off the side. Just inhale and spit the enemy off the side.
-Pictochat. Earthquake on the right edge with down-b.
-Any level with walls. Infinite jabs.
-The Ice Climber level. Up-tilt people against the ceiling repeatedly.
-Yoshi's island. People don't expect to get spiked down the middle.
-The Zelda Bridge level. Spike down the middle.
-Starfox ship. Can stall by going on the gun below the ship, then floating to avoid death by lasers. Forces opponent to use jumps trying to reach you.
-Custom maps. Just make something that kirby can barely jump up to, but no one else can. :D
-Battlefield, final destination. Can float under the level.

Top Bottom