• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange C-Stick Up-Air Glitch

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I was doing some solo training as Marth and I noticed a few strange things happening when I attempted to up-air with the c-stick. Sometimes it would work normally, but other times one of two things would happen. Either it wouldn't work at all, or it would start constantly up-airing whenever I jumped. At first I thought maybe it was a problem with my controller, so I quit the match and went back to the CSS. Once I was there, I started pressing up on the c-stick over and over again. The screen would go up and back to normal. It never froze in the up position or refused to go up at all. So then I went back into the game and tried again, but up-airs were still acting weird. I then decided to stand there and continually up-smash. The up-smash worked perfectly every time. So the issue is probably not with the controller. When I look at the controller while it auto up-airs I can see that it's still in the neutral position. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be happening here?

EDIT: I just tried it again (it's been about a half hour since I made this post) and it seems to be working fine now. I'd still like some ideas as to why this might have happened in the first place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can only think of two things about these problems.

1: You are flicking the C-Stick to quickly and the game doesn't register this, happens to me some times.

2: Some sort of bug with your game that would be resolved with a reset.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I can only think of two things about these problems.

1: You are flicking the C-Stick to quickly and the game doesn't register this, happens to me some times.

2: Some sort of bug with your game that would be resolved with a reset.
Number two is probably the case. I tested the C-stick at different levels of intensity and that didn't seem to affect whether or not it happened, but when I turned it off, waited a while, and turned it back on, it seemed fine.

It happened on Yoshi's and FD. I didn't think to test whether stage was a factor.

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
Number two is probably the case. I tested the C-stick at different levels of intensity and that didn't seem to affect whether or not it happened, but when I turned it off, waited a while, and turned it back on, it seemed fine.

It happened on Yoshi's and FD. I didn't think to test whether stage was a factor.
dont do drugs while practicing Kappa

Top Bottom