• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Stop spamming bananas"

Player-1

Smash Legend
Don't you just love it when you completely **** someone and they say you spam the bananas? I laugh and laugh at it. It's the typical stereotype of diddy. When people see diddy they think diddy=spam bananas, they think "OMG I'm losing to Diddy, he spams bananas." before the fight begins they say to themselves "bananas spam".
Guess what people? You can't spam bananas!
It's just not physically possible...

Think about it they can throw it back at you, you can keep one out at a time. They have more of an opportunity to grab them before they hit the ground when you throw them out. You can't spam them, if your versing a smart player who actually picks them up and throw them back then gratz, but when you verse the people who say you spam bananas just because they're too stupid to pick them up, it gets really old.

Quotes from some of my GB profile:

"he spammed with bananas and picked the wrong stage for the first round. this guy makes me sick" - was a lucario player who just roll dodged from one side to the other the whole time and spammed aura sphere

"no offense either man but u spammed bananas like no tohe" - another lucario spammer who did the same thing

"Worst Diddy I've ever played. Acts like spamming is the worst thing in the world when he himself does it. Fails miserably a banana use." Toon Link spammer who just Baired and bombed the whole time, TL are also fast and can pick up bananas pretty easily

Just wondering what you say when people call you a banana spammer, and how often they do it to you?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I call bannana spammers smart players. Really, if they are losing because you are spamming bannanas, there is no reason to stop.

Dark Zell

Smash Rookie
I tell them that I'm winning so why would I stop? If it works then keep going with it I say.

Czech

Smash Cadet
LOL at one tournament I played some little kid like 2nd round he was like 12. I wooped him with Diddy and he was just yelling FREAKIN BANNANAS!!! The next round before the match started he came and whispered in my oppenents ear "watch out for the bannanas" and then walked away it was awesome.

O ya and this kid played Meta Knight...

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Not using his bananas is like a space animal not using the laser. It's effective, thus you use it when you can.

phate

Smash Apprentice
At the last tournament I went to I was beating a bunch of players who all whined about diddy. I beat a marth really easy by stalling his recovery and edgehogging, and all his friends were saying "THAT WAS SO GAY" and my favorite "DOES HE EVEN TAKE ANY SKILL TO PLAY?" Then as I played more people, I started to do stuff like gimping marth with a peanut and lucas with bananas and these guys started commenting on my playstyle saying stuff like "banana spam" and "bananas are top tier" The hilarious part was that these guys were the biggest dorks I had ever seen.

Seriously I didn't expect people to be such whiny little girls outside of wifi. It gives me a good feeling when they say diddy is top tier and all that because that is secret language for "OGM I GOT ROFLMAOUBERPWNT0R3D " If they spent as much time trying to counter the bananas as they did complaining about them, it wouldnt be hard for them to fight diddy.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
At the last tournament I went to I was beating a bunch of players who all whined about diddy. I beat a marth really easy by stalling his recovery and edgehogging, and all his friends were saying "THAT WAS SO GAY" and my favorite "DOES HE EVEN TAKE ANY SKILL TO PLAY?" Then as I played more people, I started to do stuff like gimping marth with a peanut and lucas with bananas and these guys started commenting on my playstyle saying stuff like "banana spam" and "bananas are top tier" The hilarious part was that these guys were the biggest dorks I had ever seen.

Seriously I didn't expect people to be such whiny little girls outside of wifi. It gives me a good feeling when they say diddy is top tier and all that because that is secret language for "OGM I GOT ROFLMAOUBERPWNT0R3D " If they spent as much time trying to counter the bananas as they did complaining about them, it wouldnt be hard for them to fight diddy.
Stop telling them to use them! No more secrets ;P

Tenki

Smash Hero
how do you spam bananas?

you can only take two out at a time ._.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
he eh...I hadn't used Diddy since the game came out and I decided to use him a couple times versus my friend's pretty good zelda. I "spammed" bananas. It was hilarious. He had no way to stop me. I'd pick them up and just keep throwing them at her. He didn't know what to do! One time, he used nayru's love and I just threw it straight up to avoid the nayru's(blue reflector, sorry) and naired her. I then grabbed her and threw her backwards. Can you guess what happened next? He hit the banana midair. It was HILARIOUS. I'm never going to criticize any banana "spammer" again after those couple epic matches.

Nice thread. Enjoyed some of the responses! haha.

akapseudo

Smash Cadet
people who complain about bananas fail to realize that theyre a double edged sword. they get so caught up in just thinking theyre cheap and fail to utilize them.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I was on GB today...and I versed the 20th placed person pheonix. We agree on neutrals, he's a zelda player. Any way I beat him first time due to his stupidity and 2 stocked him. Then the 2nd match was a lot closer, the final kill was an edgehog. Any way he disputed saying he won and told me the matches were bogus and I spammed bananas -.-, I was really happy about beating someone in the top 20 to...he even got proof that he won some how, idk how but somehow...when I won, my ticket is still being reviewed by admins at the moment though. When are people going to realize you can't spam bananas

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I was on GB today...and I versed the 20th placed person pheonix. We agree on neutrals, he's a zelda player. Any way I beat him first time due to his stupidity and 2 stocked him. Then the 2nd match was a lot closer, the final kill was an edgehog. Any way he disputed saying he won and told me the matches were bogus and I spammed bananas -.-, I was really happy about beating someone in the top 20 to...he even got proof that he won some how, idk how but somehow...when I won, my ticket is still being reviewed by admins at the moment though. When are people going to realize you can't spam bananas
Don't waste your time on GB for smash. Unless you have a video camera out, then your pretty much ****ed if they decide to cheat.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lol, I'm hoping I get to the top 128 by the dead line coming up in about a month, I should make it because I'm in the 200's. Yeah I know about the camera stuff, I'm hoping screenshots of our conversation of him kinda admitting I won works, but like I said they're still reviewing it

Lustful_Envy

Smash Rookie
These people need to suck it up, seriously. Instead of complaining, do something about it. I recommend throwing it back or catching it when Diddy throws it at you. Besides bannana spaming is one of the good points of Diddy so why the hell would you stop?

Raisinbran10488

Smash Cadet
I will stop spamming my total of two banannas when pits stop spamming arrows, spacies stop spamming lasers, and metaknight stops spamming his tornado.

Until that day comes, i will just laugh.

I find i actually do better without banannas sometimes because its simply something that can come back to bite you every once in awhile, and i dont feel like focusing on it so much, so i just go without. I guess it depends on how well your oppenent is at catching and using them against you.

Top Bottom