• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stop being an idiot, if you play smash, read this post and help further the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardd

Smash Cadet
KK.
I'm sry but this community of full of arrogancy and idiocy in many fields, but today im going to address one in order to help the smash community as a whole.

Stop being an idiot.

I play brawl, you play melee, we can be friends, i don't have to flame you, you don't have to flame me.

I like brawl b/c i think it's new/fun has more charecters, and is still developing in MG. The community is larger, and i feel that is still competitive. Your mad at melee pro's b/c they play a game where "They need to have their stupid AT's and are stuck in the past."

You like melee b/c you think it's a deeper game, you enjoy wavedashing, L canceling and other AT's, think a single trip will make you lose, it's more competitive as a whole, and your angry that everyone left melee for such a "crappy, less competitive game"

personally, i love 64, melee, and brawl, and brawl is my favorite for whatever reasons.

That is MY OPINION AND DOES NEED NEED FLAMING kthx.

Some ppl love melee for whatever reason and that is THEIR OPINION AND DOES NOT NEED FLAMING kthx.

now here's what i want to happen. Melee pro's and diehards, plz stay on the melee boards unless you come to the brawl boards with respect and a desire to help.

yeah, and no more of, its a community board and i can post whatever i want. that's a bunch of crap, don't flame our game and clutter up our boards.

Brawl pro's and said brawler's don't do the reverse and tell them to move on, which doesn't happen as much but don't argue with them or whatever, ignore it.

This community needs a little more respect for one another.

Plz, if you want to say melee is better then brawl, or brawl>melee keep it to a thread designed to debate, and bring new arguements for the table, im tired of this same old crap.

so yeah, if your in support of this thread please put this simple phrase in your sig to help the cause of bringing the community together again and making this boards better, that way when the next smash comes out were not all seperated.

Smash Bros.>All

hopefully this helps, plz stop unnessecary flaming, if you know a hardcore elitist from either side and they flame, tell them to rid this.

So all in all, drop it, play nice, and be friends. we don't have to play the same games to hang in the same place, we can all love smashing on the 64 ,gamecube, or wii.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Many do need to take a chill pill about the whole thing, but I'm not sure an odd signature will help. Why exactly ARE so many people so spiteful about this topic, anyway? Grow up.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I play both games, but I guarantee you that if Brawl dudes weren't so hard-headed, averse to anything that experienced players have to say about competitive games, or could take a joke, then Melee people wouldn't get so upset with you.

People make threads like "SMASHBAWLS SHUD BE ON IN TURNEES LUL" or "Tripping is good for competitive play" which obviously ****ing bull****, that's the **** that pissed off people who have been playing this game competitively for over a decade. Melee pros feel like Brawl has ushered in a wave of bratty, ignorant scrubs that completely disgrace the foundation of this entire forum. And considering that, I don't blame them for being upset.

Brawl noobs =/= Melee veterans, and that's the problem, Brawl pros think they have to right to start from scratch and rewrite how Smash is supposed to be played, and they specifically ignore and counter anything the Melee community has to say, even if it's constructive.

Lastly, Brawl noobs needs to simply learn how to chill out. If someone comes in your thread and says BAWRL SUCKS does that really warrant a response? Before Brawl came out, the Melee community for the most part was peaceful and friendly, maybe with a new game there is destined to be an age of stupid bickering, similar to the tier wars of Melee (but even that bickering was constructive).

anyway, in b4 lock

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
I play both games, but I guarantee you that if Brawl dudes weren't so hard-headed, averse to anything that experienced players have to say about competitive games, or could take a joke, then Melee people wouldn't get so upset with you.

People make threads like "SMASHBAWLS SHUD BE ON IN TURNEES LUL" or "Tripping is good for competitive play" which obviously ****ing bull****, that's the **** that pissed off people who have been playing this game competitively for over a decade. Melee pros feel like Brawl has ushered in a wave of bratty, ignorant scrubs that completely disgrace the foundation of this entire forum. And considering that, I don't blame them for being upset.

Brawl noobs =/= Melee veterans, and that's the problem, Brawl pros think they have to right to start from scratch and rewrite how Smash is supposed to be played, and they specifically ignore and counter anything the Melee community has to say, even if it's constructive.

Lastly, Brawl noobs needs to simply learn how to chill out. If someone comes in your thread and says BAWRL SUCKS does that really warrant a response? Before Brawl came out, the Melee community for the most part was peaceful and friendly, maybe with a new game there is destined to be an age of stupid bickering, similar to the tier wars of Melee (but even that bickering was constructive).

anyway, in b4 lock
...Actually, It's The people who said Brawl sucks that statted the whole thing, not the people who supported brawl.

Brawl has the right to be re- written, because it inolves different playstyle. for example, while Melee was fast paced and contained more combos, requireing Huge setups, Brawl has a lot more AT's and is now posibaly the most deffencive fighting game ever, and requred anticipation.

Conidering this, while yes they are the same series, they are two verry different games. Not like we shouldn't take advice, but you can't play one game the same way you played the other well...

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Melee > Brawl

But i play brawl, why? online
For some reason, you don't realize that YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. Everyone was having a nice discussion about Smash, and you come in here and, for no reason, say that "Melee>Brawl." It adds nothing to the conversation.

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
People flame people because they think their opinion is right, no reason needed. I haven't been on these boards for long, but I can notice how people will flame others just because they say something about a character that the flamer doesn't like, for instance, I think I said that Lucario might be broken (or something like that), and some guy said "if you think that, you suck at brawl", now that wasn't exactly the biggest insult, but I think it may have been intended.

Moderators should be on the watch more... not too strict though.

Oh, and it has nothing to do with what people think of Brawl or Melee, people need to respect each others' opinions, I don't think that's going to happen though, I mean, a lot of topics devolve into whether Melee or Brawl is the worse one.
It's beyond me why people get so worked up over TWO games, I love games, I wanna become a game designer because I love games so much, but I still don't get this worked up. And I know some people bet on matches for money, but that makes no difference to which one is better and it doesn't change the fact that you aren't allowed to flame people

"I play both games, but I guarantee you that if Brawl dudes weren't so hard-headed, averse to anything that experienced players have to say about competitive games, or could take a joke, then Melee people wouldn't get so upset with you.

anyway, in b4 lock"

Obviously you don't respect peoples' opinions, ""Tripping is good for competitive play" which obviously ****ing bull****, that's the **** that pissed off people who have been playing this game competitively for over a decade"... it's not whether people are Brawl newbs or Melee veterans and I wish people would get that, what difference does that make? What, just because you played melee for a long time doesn't mean you get some kind of privilege, I played melee a lot, and I don't act as if I get some kind of privilege.

Iwon'tgetoverthedam is right, that comment from Rawrior doesn't add anything to the conversation except for an opinion that nobody asked for.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The only reason the OP is stupid is because most of the Brawl pros were Melee pros.
See, YOU are the problem. Your comment is just to start flamewars.

Overall, OP makes a very true statement which will hopefully be taken to heart by many of the people here.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I see what you're trying to do with this thread. But this has been done several times and the community is unchanged. This will more then likely devolve into Melee vs. Brawl.

Really though, the situation is getting better on its own (less Brawl newbies are making stupid threads about competitive play which leads to less Melee vets coming to this board just to harshly correct them.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Melee > Brawl

But i play brawl, why? online
Ok That was really unessaruay to say. Did you even read the topic? I think you should if you didn't.

KK.
I'm sry but this community of full of arrogancy and idiocy in many fields, but today im going to address one in order to help the smash community as a whole.

Stop being an idiot.

I play brawl, you play melee, we can be friends, i don't have to flame you, you don't have to flame me.

I like brawl b/c i think it's new/fun has more charecters, and is still developing in MG. The community is larger, and i feel that is still competitive. Your mad at melee pro's b/c they play a game where "They need to have their stupid AT's and are stuck in the past."

You like melee b/c you think it's a deeper game, you enjoy wavedashing, L canceling and other AT's, think a single trip will make you lose, it's more competitive as a whole, and your angry that everyone left melee for such a "crappy, less competitive game"

personally, i love 64, melee, and brawl, and brawl is my favorite for whatever reasons.

That is MY OPINION AND DOES NEED NEED FLAMING kthx.

Some ppl love melee for whatever reason and that is THEIR OPINION AND DOES NOT NEED FLAMING kthx.

now here's what i want to happen. Melee pro's and diehards, plz stay on the melee boards unless you come to the brawl boards with respect and a desire to help.

yeah, and no more of, its a community board and i can post whatever i want. that's a bunch of crap, don't flame our game and clutter up our boards.

Brawl pro's and said brawler's don't do the reverse and tell them to move on, which doesn't happen as much but don't argue with them or whatever, ignore it.

This community needs a little more respect for one another.

Plz, if you want to say melee is better then brawl, or brawl>melee keep it to a thread designed to debate, and bring new arguements for the table, im tired of this same old crap.

so yeah, if your in support of this thread please put this simple phrase in your sig to help the cause of bringing the community together again and making this boards better, that way when the next smash comes out were not all seperated.

Smash Bros.>All

hopefully this helps, plz stop unnessecary flaming, if you know a hardcore elitist from either side and they flame, tell them to rid this.

So all in all, drop it, play nice, and be friends. we don't have to play the same games to hang in the same place, we can all love smashing on the 64 ,gamecube, or wii.
Yeah well thanks for trying, but i don't think this war is ever going to end.....

For some reason, you don't realize that YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. Everyone was having a nice discussion about Smash, and you come in here and, for no reason, say that "Melee>Brawl." It adds nothing to the conversation.
I agree. It really was't neccasarry

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is new how? Also, I've never flamed or even criticized someone for liking Brawl. I might have criticized their reasons for liking Brawl over Melee (or maybe at all) if said reasons were BS like "There are no 0-death combos in Brawl!".

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I see what you're trying to do with this thread. But this has been done several times and the community is unchanged. This will more then likely devolve into Melee vs. Brawl.
Yup. :(

Guys, no matter how much you want the world of Super Smash Bros. to be a happy utopia of love and friendship, it just won't happen. People will have opinions, and they'll fight for 'em. The best thing to do is to just respect each other for at least loving the same series, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom