• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop being ageist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Look, I know that all these prophets and leakers are completely bogus, but I always see the same thing on a so called 'Prophets' thread. 'Just a kid.', 'Cry for attention' and 'Immature.'

I'm not saying these prophets are telling the truth, I'm just saying stop thinking the reason they're lying like this is their age! Seriously, your categorizing loads of people because a few stupid kids like to lie about crap.

If you wanna lock this thread, go for it. I just want people to know they're being very ageist. (Dunno if that's a real word.)

Note: I'm talking about the guys who are saying 13-16 year olds are doing this for attention. Because people in that age range aren't as immature as you all think. I'm 14 and I feel no reason to go around trolling and faking.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
When you get older, you'll quickly realize why no one likes listening to teenagers.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
It's true that not all members of that age group do such things, but once you are older and look back you will see plenty who are. I used to feel the same way as you, and then once I started making several friends on the internet, I unfortunately started to realize that I was quite mistaken. I still have several younger friends who are quite mature, but there are several who I simply can't take seriously.

This is not to say that there aren't a few older people who are pretty immature though, it's just rarer to find them. I'd trust several 13-16 year olds a thousand times more than my 23 year old cousin. -_-

I'd rather not go there.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
I suggest you to try Halo 3 multiplayer. God those helium-voices... and everyone's gamertag is a variation of "N00bkillah".

clace

Smash Journeyman
QFT

Jesus christ I was obnoxious when I was 14.
You calling me obnoxious? Why?

When you get older, you'll quickly realize why no one likes listening to teenagers.
Your the sort of person this thread is about.

This thread is a cry for attention
I made this thread cus I'm pissed off with you guys. Not all of you but people like GreenMamba.

But... most of the kids at that age really are idiots.
Not most. Some.

You are an attention wh0re

lol
And you like picking on people and pretending they are less important than you to make yourself feel better. Or at least you seem like it.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Dont listen to any of them, Sakurai Made Kirby when he was just 19 years of age So for someone whether your 14 or 16 (like me) to be called immature is judgement of almost no reason, i admit people are fakes, but all these flames are discouraging new people from posting and creating threads.

The truth will be told when it is time to hear it.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunetly, one too many bad experiences have lead me to this generalization, and I highly doubt that there's anything that could convince me otherwise.

clace

Smash Journeyman
I suggest you to try Halo 3 multiplayer. God those helium-voices... and everyone's gamertag is a variation of "N00bkillah".
This is kinda off topic but I do play Halo 3. I hate it. Dunno why.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Dont listen to any of them, Sakurai Made Kirby when he was just 19 years of age So for someone whether your 14 or 16 (like me) to be called immature is judgement of almost no reason, i admit people are fakes, but all these flames are discouraging new people from posting and creating threads.

The truth will be told when it is time to hear it.
Thank you very much. At least some people come here to talk about smash brothers, not flame kids.

EDIT: LMAO at the guy above me.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA man i thought i was the only one to get pissed of bout that but it is off topic.

Read my previous post.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Its an interesting post for a title i haven't heard the word ageist in but i guess thats what caught peoples eyes and made it popular lol

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Clace, this is just a part of life that everyone goes through. It is kind of funny that this thread kind of proves everyone's point since you're making a "scene" over people making fun of teenagers.

Don't worry about it, it doesn't last forever.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Clace, this is just a part of life that everyone goes through. It is kind of funny that this thread kind of proves everyone's point since you're making a "scene" over people making fun of teenagers.

Don't worry about it, it doesn't last forever.
...Right, so, If people start to hate 20 year olds all of a sudden, It proves everyone's point if they say it's unfair!? If that's the kind of world we live in then...Pff.

clace

Smash Journeyman
I'm 14, and I think most people are idiots.
I quoted this to think of something to say to you but I can't. I just made this thread because I am annoyed at people constantly saying 'Just a stupid kid' and crap on those threads! Why not 'Just a stupid PERSON'?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I quoted this to think of something to say to you but I can't. I just made this thread because I am annoyed at people constantly saying 'Just a stupid kid' and crap on those threads! Why not 'Just a stupid PERSON'?
Age discrimination. Personally, I find an older person to be more believable.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
...Right, so, If people start to hate 20 year olds all of a sudden, It proves everyone's point if they say it's unfair!? If that's the kind of world we live in then...Pff.
Ah, adolescence.

A lot of people do hate 20-21 year olds, mainly for being obnoxious.

The difference?

20-21 year olds don't whine about it. They accept who they are, and get on with their life, which is something most teenagers have a hard time doing (I know I did).

clace

Smash Journeyman
Age discrimination. Personally, I find an older person to be more believable.
But discrimination as a whole is bad. Why aren't the people saying those things thinking about that?

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
isnt this game aimed for kids? lets kids and teenagers have their say, game is aimed at them

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Because, like myself, some of us don't really care about that because of generalizations.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Dya know what, this was pointless, I'm sorry, me moaning won't stop people from doing it. All I'm doing is probably making myself a few enemies. I get it. I'll stop.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
It's true, I'm 20. 6 years is a LONG time when you're 14. Besides, generalizations are not entirely all-inclusive must have some truth to exist, unless they're the racist propagandas of old.

Anyways, the reason why no one would believe a teenager with these "prophecies" is simply because they would NOT have access to high level Nintendo information.

clace

Smash Journeyman
It's true, I'm 20. 6 years is a LONG time when you're 14. Besides, generalizations are not entirely all-inclusive must have some truth to exist, unless they're the racist propagandas of old.

Anyways, the reason why no one would believe a teenager with these "prophecies" is simply because they would NOT have access to high level Nintendo information.
Ok I'm not starting up again but lemme just say before I made this thread, I was thinking about it and then I saw one thread where a Kid said his DAD had the information. Dosen't that negate that?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Didn't that same kid also claim that it was a "friend" of his who had said information? Also, first he called it a manual, then he called it a guide.

autobzooty

Smash Journeyman
Ok I'm not starting up again but lemme just say before I made this thread, I was thinking about it and then I saw one thread where a Kid said his DAD had the information. Dosen't that negate that?
no.

it's equally annoying when we hear stuff like "my uncle works at nintendo." it's never credible because kids are annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom