• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Still a possiblilty for Brawl DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
You know that everyone has their own opinion. You just can't think of anything to say against that so you say "HOW?"
No, I mean, how is anything I said an opinion? How is the fact that Sonic games in 3D sans Sonic Adventure are clunky, rushed, cliche-storied, bad-characterization pieces of garbage done by the Sonic Team an opinion? How is the fact that Lucario's movie is a cliche plot that doesn't even attempt to be original or make up for it with a good story and/or with good characters an opinion?

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
You said that 3D sonic games suck and so does Lucario's movie. That's your opinion.

But then you say it's a fact that they suck. You're obviously wrong right off the bat but then you say "I have facts" and I haven't seen you present them.

Either way you're wrong. It's all a matter of opinion.
If you thought shadow the hedgehog/sonic 06 didn't suck, though they had good graphics and plot, your obviously in denial.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
No, I mean, how is anything I said an opinion? How is the fact that Sonic games in 3D sans Sonic Adventure are clunky, rushed, cliche-storied, bad-characterization pieces of garbage done by the Sonic Team an opinion? How is the fact that Lucario's movie is a cliche plot that doesn't even attempt to be original or make up for it with a good story and/or with good characters an opinion?
It's clunky, rushed, cliche-storied and stuff in your opinion.

I love Sonic Adventure 2 and while I don't like Lucario's movie I don't go around saying it's a fact that it sucks.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Coming from a scrub
A scrub?

Hahahahahaha, wut?

Since when was I this? You're speaking someone who has great experience with the Street Fighter series, any SNK fighter, Smash Bros., and just about any other fighter and have played in tournaments a few times before and been in the fighting game scene for years now and you're calling me a scrub? Nonsense. I've probably been in the whole thing way more than you have.
Yeah, and Naruto is the best anime/manga in the world and a piece of art.

Right.

mario66

Smash Cadet
No, Sakurai said he added a few characters later on LIKE Sonic. Toon Link and Wolf to my suspicion are two other characters tagged on later. Mewtwo, Roy, and Doc are there because to make Brawl they had to use part of Melee's code, they just didn't delete Mewtwo, Roy and Doc. The other three were probably intended to be added as last minute additions but were cut because time ran out.

The files are completely empty by the way.
Then why wasn't there a little Pichu file? One could argue that Toon Link is just a heavily edited version of Young Link, and that's why he wasn't in there, but Pichu? Just saying.
And Mewtwo & Roy, at the very least, have victory themes, so I think everyone was at one point planned, but cut really early/really late.

But, you know, I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
A scrub?

Hahahahahaha, wut?

Since when was I this? You're speaking someone who has great experience with the Street Fighter series, any SNK fighter, Smash Bros., and just about any other fighter and have played in tournaments a few times before and been in the fighting game scene for years now and you're calling me a scrub? Nonsense. I've probably been in the whole thing way more than you have.
Not really

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Smash bros sereis was out for 6 years i know how to wavedash and i mained fox do u really think you are better?
The fact that you know the most overrated and piece of garbage technique in the series and the cheapest character used to win makes me thing yes, I'm better than you.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
The fact that you know the most overrated and piece of garbage technique in the series and the cheapest character used to win makes me thing yes, I'm better than you.
Oh so you are calling fox cheap? Maybe thats because you kept losing to all the fox players.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Enough, Sonic boy. You think you would have realized by now that this is futile.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice

I love Sonic Adventure 2 and while I don't like Lucario's movie I don't go around saying it's a fact that it sucks.
Wait, wait a minuet is luke trying to flame sonic adventure 2: one of the greatest sonic games of all time? I just lost all respect for you luke. I could see if it was sonic 06, shadow the hedgehog, sonic and the secret rings, or even sonic heroes but sonic adventure 2? you must be out of your mind. It wasn't the best game but it was not bad either, not bad at all.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how valid that claim is, besides the fact that the character files are most likely empty. Sakurai stated...

"Speaking on the development of the character roster, Sakurai said that most of the characters were settled upon in the planning stages, which was completed about two years ago. But Sonic was the exception to this process.

"The decision to include Sonic was not made until 2007," Sakurai noted. "

Sonic seems to be the only exception, from this excerpt of the article here

http://www.destructoid.com/gdc-08-masahiro-sakurai-talks-brawl-development-71767.phtml

Another point is..what evidence do we have that suggests Brawl uses Melee character files? Why would they 'have' to use Doc, Pichu, Roy, or Mewtwo's files in a new game without any content related to them?I could possibly see them using their model for trophies...now, I'm not knowledgeable about the trophies in Brawl, but doesn't the Mewtwo trophy use a different model than the one in Melee? I had thought Brawl was designed from a new engine, rather than an updated Melee engine?I could be wrong, but nevertheless...

I believe my reasoning still stands. If the initial roster was determined in 2005-2006, and the only character added later on, Sonic, is still actually in the game...why is it that seven characters got the cut?If these characters were cut, why do their files still remain in the game?Even more curious, why are these files EMPTY at all?That suggests that the data for these characters was either deleted, somehow relevant to the operation of other features of the game, or intended to be filled out at a later date.

If case A, deletion, is correct, why delete the data for said characters yet leave a placeholder with their name in the character files?It makes no sense..one could argue that 128 bytes (?) is negligible, but still...logically they'd delete the placeholder as well.

If case B, a dependency on these files by the game somehow, is correct, we may never know for certain.It would require the source code for Brawl, or hacking of the files...Getting the first is unlikely, and using the second would take a lot of time and effort for something that would likely bear no fruits, so it's a labor only for the bored, curious, and technologically inclined.

Case C, however, seems the most likely logically, but has been denied in some aspect by the game designer himself.

This may be a mystery we'll never know the answer to, but one thing is for certain: The pieces of the puzzle we have now don't seem to sit quite right at all, at least with me.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Oh so you are calling fox cheap? Maybe thats because you kept losing to all the fox players.
No Fox is just cheap. He's a good and great character and is not as cheap as Sheik, but he's still cheap non-the-less. It's more impressing if you can actually be good with someone like Pichu or Mewtwo rather than Fox.
Frankly, your both idiots.
Ironic.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
No Fox is just cheap. He's a good and great character and is not as cheap as Sheik, but he's still cheap non-the-less. It's more impressing if you can actually be good with someone like Pichu or Mewtwo rather than Fox.
Oh so now you are saying that people should use low tiers lol.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Oh so now you are saying that people should use low tiers lol.
NO. I'm saying it's more impressing to use a low tier rather than a high tier and actually be able to make your skill level up to the level of a usual player who plays a high tier character. That's just a literal fact. The fact that you use the most overrated character in the game and the most overrated technique in the game isn't impressive at all and just makes you a scrub.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
I know you are a noob because only noobs whine and complain about people "cheaping" fox is an ordinary character

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I know you are a noob because only noobs whine and complain about people "cheaping" fox is an ordinary character
I'm not whining, I'm just stating the facts. Fox is indeed a cheap character. Not as cheap as other characters in Melee but cheap when compared to all the other normal characters.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A scrub?

Hahahahahaha, wut?

Yeah, and Naruto is the best anime/manga in the world and a piece of art.

Right.
Coming from someone who probably cut themselves when Lucario and Ness were confirmed. Your ******** opinions are not fact, the sandman 2.0. :laugh:

You're the biggest laughing stock of the smashboards since the original sandman himself. Tell me, how in are you neccissary to the franchise?

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Back on topic...

I think that if it WERE reference data from melee, Pichu would be there too. But it's not. It's Mewtwo, Roy, and Doc as well as some unfinished newcomers. Personally I think if it's not DLC, we can use the skins since they ARE skins (same size as Bowser and Wario) when AR Wii arrives.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
16 pages is too much to read through and it's probably all the same thing but seriously...

I just don't understand you guys sometimes. Over-analyzing Sakurai's words when he is being vague is one thing, but even when Sakurai finally gives you a FLAT, STRAIGHT answer: "no." People still try to find hidden meanings behind it.

Don't get me wrong here. I wanted DLC too, but this is not even a case of "intentionally leaving details out." He said clearly and plainly "no." There will not be any Downloadable Content for Brawl.

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
Yes Sonic still sucks but none of your crap makes him awesome.

Plus the SSE has a horrible storyline and set of events. What to be expected from the scenario director of FFVII and the Kingdom Hearts series.
You may or may not be intelligent, but I do know that you are the master of Off-Topicness. In a thread about Hat eating, you got into a three page long debate/flame war about Ness being in or not. Now you are doing the same thing here. Keep on topic. I cannot see what relevance of the standard of sonic's current games has to do with DLC.

Can you even remember how you got onto this topic?

(By the way, I thought the adventure series was great. Also I have a fact to back up my opinion that people like it. SA2B is still in the GC top ten in GF)

espio87

Smash Ace
16 pages is too much to read through and it's probably all the same thing but seriously...

I just don't understand you guys sometimes. Over-analyzing Sakurai's words when he is being vague is one thing, but even when Sakurai finally gives you a FLAT, STRAIGHT answer: "no." People still try to find hidden meanings behind it.

Don't get me wrong here. I wanted DLC too, but this is not even a case of "intentionally leaving details out." He said clearly and plainly "no." There will not be any Downloadable Content for Brawl.
It's not that "no" we are analysing, but Sakurai's reasons of not incluiding DLC. He said that he doesn't know if the Wii has a hard drive and thus he didn't develop DLC. That is not reason enough because he is a game developer and thus he should know the Wii's capabilities. I suspect that Sakurai is lying because of that.

espio87

Smash Ace
THAT, and it's really Nintendo's decision not Sakurai's.
Yes, and if I recall correctly it was Nintendo's decision to develop Super Smash Bros Brawl. They called Sakurai after the decision was made. I think Nintendo has more power in making decisions than Sakurai even if it's SSBB we are talking about.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
True dat. That's why Groundwalker was calling Sakurai a lar (sort of). Still, if Sakurai says no, Nintendo can get OTHER PEOPLE to do it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can there still be patches even though there is no DLC (C=content)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom