• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Still a possiblilty for Brawl DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
Well the creator of the game is also a liar about the Wii's capabilities which is just mind-boggling to me.

ALL developers working on a Wii game should know that the Wii can handle DLC period.
So even after the maker of the game has told you no, thus giving you the proof you need....thats somehow obsolete because of his ignorance of the wii console?

Nuvia

Smash Ace
It isn't worth it. If you are around when the time I was very anti-Ness (still am today, he's a ****ty character choice for Brawl) and claimed that because of Ness being said to be out on the DOJO, that it's a complete fact and truth. I did it mostly for the lulz like you're trying to do right now.

That and his past lies beforehand.
For the record, Ness's "deconfirmation" had practically nothing to back it up.

Also, what are these "past lies?"

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Good excuse. You hold on to that to fuel your false hope.
What false hope? Since when did I have this?

Hahahahahahahahaha, oh, right, people actually believe I support DLC, okay.

Just to make an announcement, I do NOT support DLC, period. I hate DLC, it's a complete garbage system made to cash in on your buck and quite frankly I would rather have those added DLC contents just be in the original game I purchased in the first place.

With this current rumor of Roy and Mewtwo returning in Brawl as DLC, I was disgusted. Roy was a terrible piece of character and did not deserve a speck of rep in Smash (same with Ness and Sonic but they got in). Mewtwo I'm okay with, considering he actually deserved to be in the **** game in the first place. Roy is just garbage, though. And I don't mean by how he played in Melee.

However, facts are facts and only an idiot would think DLC for Brawl is confirmed to not be in just because Sakurai says so even though he's lied and disappointed fans in the past.
For the record, Ness's "deconfirmation" had practically nothing to back it up.
It was clearly said on the **** DOJO, how is that nothing to back it up?
Also, what are these "past lies?"
Release dates and Ness' supposed deconfirmation.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Oh? Where would that be? And don't say "until now" because that won't cut it.
Until now won't, but the usage of "up until now" will since it actually means, as used in the DOJO update, that Ness would be gone.

However addressing the situation, it could've either been a lie, a joke, or a grammatical mistake.
You act like Brawl is the only game ever to be delayed.
Since when?

ALL delays are lies. Now, with Sakurai, you expect him to be at least respectful and get the game on time. Hell, he did with Melee (even though it probably should've been released a few years later) so what's the deal here?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I believe there will be DLC, not new characters, but just balance patches. I don't think Nintendo wants to let this turn into Melee 2.0, with five viable characters, and the rest being extremely underused.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
since there is no DLC, do you think there can be patches for games?

Nuvia

Smash Ace
"up until now" will since it actually means, as used in the DOJO update, that Ness would be gone.

ALL delays are lies. Now, with Sakurai, you expect him to be at least respectful and get the game on time. Hell, he did with Melee (even though it probably should've been released a few years later) so what's the deal here?
I'm afraid that proves nothing. "Up until now" does not mean "this character is not in the game anymore."

Indeed he did get Melee out on time. And it was rushed. You know Sakurai is only human. Is he not allowed to make mistakes because of unforeseen circumstances? It's not as cut and dried as you all think.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord

I'm telling you, man. This is how it begins.
Okay, try me, then.
I'm afraid that proves nothing. "Up until now" does not mean "this character is not in the game anymore."
Of course it doesn't.

It depends on the usage, and the usage used on the DOJO meant "Up until now" as "Something was existent in a medium and now it isn't." That's just a literal fact and unless you haven't gotten common English education, you should know this.
Indeed he did get Melee out on time. And it was rushed. You know Sakurai is only human. Is he not allowed to make mistakes because of unforeseen circumstances? It's not as cut and dried as you all think.
Of course he's human, which is why Brawl has Lucario, Ness and Sonic in it in the first place.

However, Melee could've been on time and not rushed if a later release date was announced rather than the early one. My point is, Sakurai should prepare for what happens and just not hype people up for the game by a soon-to-be release date and then it turns out to be delayed. Such things are honestly made for greedy and selfish people and happens a lot in the gaming industry. With Sakurai, he really cares about the Smash series and doesn't seem to be as greedy or selfish as the rest of the Nintendo employees. However I was very very wrong.

Master_Yoda77

Smash Rookie
I still doubt it greatly. But as someone said before, Nintendo is a very secretive company...so it wouldn't surprise my the slightest bit if thy did.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
False Hope: To look forward to something that has a strong chance of not happening and you may or may not know it.

spindash

Smash Ace
Luke, I want Downloadable Content as much as the next person. But please, give it a rest, alright?

I'm a believer of dodgy answers and the like. But the fact that Sakurai blatantly said, right to IGN's face, that he doesn't think that more characters will be involved or downloaded? It was the final nail in the coffin.

I was believing the rumors and whatnot too until the man himself deconfirmed it. It's right there. You can either keep on pursuing the crusade and picking the big fight, or just throw in the towel, and save yourself the embarrassment.

Honestly.

By the way. Screw you. Lucario, Ness, and Sonic being in the game is pure gold.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
the usage used on the DOJO meant "Up until now" as "Something was existent in a medium and now it isn't."

However, Melee could've been on time and not rushed if a later release date was announced rather than the early one. My point is, Sakurai should prepare for what happens and just not hype people up for the game by a soon-to-be release date and then it turns out to be delayed. Such things are honestly made for greedy and selfish people and happens a lot in the gaming industry. With Sakurai, he really cares about the Smash series and doesn't seem to be as greedy or selfish as the rest of the Nintendo employees. However I was very very wrong.
No it did not. The phrase "until now" means just that. "Until this point in time." It does not have the added meaning of "this is no longer so" unless it is strongly implied. You may recall another quote where "until now" was used. Yet it was not to imply that a specific feature was no longer present.

Consider this. Say you are driving across country to visit a relative and you say you will arrive on a specific day. However, you get in an accident and are not able to make it on time to your destination. Does that mean that you lied?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Luke, I want Downloadable Content as much as the next person. But please, give it a rest, alright?
For ****'s sake, can't you read anything? Hell, I JUST said that I don't want DLC. Ever. In any game period.
I'm a believer of dodgy answers and the like. But the fact that Sakurai blatantly said, right to IGN's face, that he doesn't think that more characters will be involved or downloaded? It was the final nail in the coffin.

I was believing the rumors and whatnot too until the man himself deconfirmed it. It's right there. You can either keep on pursuing the crusade and picking the big fight, or just throw in the towel, and save yourself the embarrassment.
Yeah, I would think so too. Even though he's lied in the past.

However, he also claims that the Wii can't handle DLC.

What's the deal with this? Technically it could, and even at the same event he's said this it was announced that the Wii will HAVE DLC content in the specific games themself. There's something very very wrong with this, and if Sakurai said this as a lie or a misunderstanding, why couldn't his words about DLC be the same?
By the way. Screw you. Lucario, Ness, and Sonic being in the game is pure gold.
Since when? They're disgusting characters that honestly don't even deserve to be in any Smash game. Maybe Ness in Smash 64 and Melee but with Brawl, he's a definite no-no.
No it did not. The phrase "until now" means just that. "Until this point in time." It does not have the added meaning of "this is no longer so" unless it is strongly implied. You may recall another quote where "until now" was used. Yet it was not to imply that a specific feature was no longer present.
"Until now" and "up until now" has two different meanings when it comes to phrases.
Consider this. Say you are driving across country to visit a relative and you say you will arrive on a specific day. However, you get in an accident and are not able to make it on time to your destination. Does that mean that you lied?
Hahahahaha, I don't think you get me.

Gaming industries intentionally lie about release dates all the time just to hype people up about the game.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I want to know why mewtwo and roy was partially programmed in brawl when the game was hacked

Nuvia

Smash Ace
"Until now" and "up until now" has two different meanings when it comes to phrases.

Gaming industries intentionally lie about release dates all the time just to hype people up about the game.
It hardly matters. "Up until now" does not have the set meaning of "this is no longer so."

Well I guess that's up for interpretation. On this matter I really have no opinion.

Oh and by the way, you're opinion of the characters you mentioned is irrelevant to reality.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It hardly matters. "Up until now" does not have the set meaning of "this is no longer so."
Then what is its set meaning, then?
Well I guess that's up for interpretation. On this matter I really have no opinion.
Yes but the fact of reality is, the gaming business is a huge industry. Meaning lies will be made constantly even from the most official sources. That's just how good business skills work.
Oh and by the way, you're opinion of the characters you mentioned is irrelevant to reality.
Since when? Do I need to make a separate thread explaining in HUGE detail why Sonic, Ness, and Lucario suck badly and don't deserve to be in the game?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lets look at the facts. . . .

FACT one.
The first part of his statement says that theres not DLC for characters RIGHT NOW. As in, theres no characters that are in SSBB that can be unlocked Via Wiiconnect24 or any of that jazz in the present. He nevvverrr said it couldn't happen in the future.

FACT 2.
"And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn’t have a hard drive — it’s a disc-based system — so I don’t think we’ll be doing that, I don’t think it’s going to happen."

He said he doesn't think it will happening because the Wii doesn't have a Hard Drive. Never said it CAN'T/ WONT happen flat out.
We already know it's fully possible with the news on DLC with WiFi. . .so the reason he gave for thinking "they (I guess he means him and his crew)" wont be doing DLC for characters is now void/ gone/ moot/ no longer a problem/ has been fixed because, again, Nintendo has officially stated that they will be releasing the tools for DLC soon with the whole compession deal.

FACT 3.
Sakurai aint the most truthful of folk. I wont touch on this because it goes reaaallllyy close to the MM fans yelling about how MM's creator doesn't know w/e about MM and/ot was lieing in that podcast stateing that MM wasn't in brawl.

I pretty much don't care if he was lieing or not. He simply said that theres no characters in brawl that are unlocked over WiFi and that because of no hard drive he doesn't think he and his peeps will be doing DLC. Nintendo will be releasing the tools for it (DLC) soon so that road bloke it seemingly gone now.

FACT 4.
. . . Nintendo can do w/e the hell they want with their game. Sakurai aint the only guy who worked on characters, most of the team was from Nintendo and Hal anyway (and "Game Art". . .IDK who they are or if they belong to Nintendo. I guess they do but IDK so w/e). If nintendo feels like dusting off Mewtwo, having some of their brawl devs work on revamping him and adding new animations/ balancing him for DLC later on than it will happen.

And DLC doesn't HAVE to just be in new characters. Could be in Alt cos or more taunts or more color changes. New items/ stages/ events are all in that DLC area.

Not saying that it's going to happen, not saying I think it's going to happen. Just saying that it's possible and that Sakurai never wrote it in stone that neither he nor nintendo would make DLC for characters. In fact, the only reason he gave was no hard drive and the tools to bypass the direct need for more memory in the form of a Hard Drive for DLC will, again, be released soon.

Also posted to give others hope. . .really, Nintendo actually DOES seem to lesson, with this DLC/ space saving fix/ Pay for a different (in some way) online for only some games that use it. If you hold onto hope it may be picked up.

Bensei

Smash Cadet
Ok guys, this is getting ridiculous. I want downloadable content as much as the next guy, but come on... he said it probably won't happen...
What he says. DLC would have been cool, but I don't think that it's possible for Brawl anymore because Skrai thought it isn't and so he didn't include a shop into Brawl.
That's the reason why GHIII won't have any DLX for Wii either

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
Look, it is hardly ambiguous like the Ness thing. (Don't even start on it.)

If he clearly says, "Sorry, no luck, No DLC, I think it is able to be said that there is NO DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT!

Sure, sure, perhaps he was wrong, perhaps it will come out in the future. It is possible. But like the release dates, we assume that the most recent one is the real one. So until DLC comes out, or gets announced, I think we should assume no DLC.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
We never get a yes or no from that guy, they said it will happen in the future, so why would they not include things for Brawl?

Brawl and Galaxy are the games that sell the Wii.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Indeed they are. And I don't think Nintendo will go without making DLC for their two BIGGEST game probably to EVER be made. Not sure what they could do with Galaxy though.

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how DLC couldn't happen. If not now, soon. I bet it'll be something that we would've never thought about before. But we should probably just be happy for Brawl and the other games as they are for now. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to make predictions and hope. We should just play the games we have right now and enjoy them. When DLC comes , we can be happy we have it.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Its still possible right? I mean if they can't now they could anytime in the near future.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Ok here's what we need for DL content for Smash
1. Time for Nintendo to release an external Harddrive
2. Time for the content to be created

Very Unlikely

End Game

Smash Journeyman
IGN: We have to ask because there are so many rumors about this. Are there any hidden characters to come? Can you unlock more hidden fighters by way of WiiConnect24 or will you offer new downloadable content -- new fighters, for example. -- using the service?

Masahiro Sakurai: No
Seriously guys...I want it as much as you guys but there is such a thing as denial.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
After thinking about it, I have realized something. Suppose DLCs come to be. You download one or two, then head to WiFi and choose Random. Now, by chance, the person you are about to fight has not downloaded the character(s) you have. You choose said character and commence with the battle. Since your opponent has not downloaded the character, and therefore their Brawl Game Disk does not contain any information or data concerning the character, your character could not appear on their television screen.​
Well, to counter that, they may require people who go into Wi-Fi to download the characters before going on again.

I still think DLC or expansion discs are a possibility. At the earliest, it'll happen after Europe, Australia, and New Zealand get the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom