• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland : >8/

Bead

Smash Ace
Anything is better than a CPU. Brawl CPU...is just kinda dumb. They air dodge every time they are chucked in to the air so you pretty much know what they are going to each and every time you hit them.
Cpus are easy to read and they get punished EXTREMELY easy. If you having problems learning how to punish CPU is best bet. Once you can beat a lvl 9 without getting hit then start applying that to vs player. Kinda just make it flow. Watch the other person and think of their little tricks and find ways around it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Cpus are easy to read and they get punished EXTREMELY easy. If you having problems learning how to punish CPU is best bet. Once you can beat a lvl 9 without getting hit then start applying that to vs player. Kinda just make it flow. Watch the other person and think of their little tricks and find ways around it.
Nope, still not much of an effective option. CPUs don't pressure you to space like a human player does.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I rarely ever fight CPUs. I can take on most CPUs with any character. There is a bigger challenge online. I don't lag much (last time I checked) so it is better than CPU though not as good.
Other than that, I never play Brawl unless I have friends over, and all of my friends are = to me in skill. and I'm not great, so really, I never improve it seems.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
^^^

I think we should meet somewhere.

But just two people kinda....sucks ._.
Didn't know you were in Akron. Check your PMs.

Alus - Two people practicing is what I primarily do. It gives you more time to train and also get a better feel for your character! It's some crappy advice but it's just a rough outline what you gain from just practicing with another person. Anything is better than a CPU. Brawl CPU...is just kinda dumb. They air dodge every time they are chucked in to the air so you pretty much know what they are going to each and every time you hit them.
Two people isn't that bad. The only problem is that you start adapting to the other player's habits, then may apply that to other matches.

As for CPUs, put them on level 7 or 8. They are somewhat less predictable, though you know, they're still CPUs...

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Didn't know you were in Akron. Check your PMs.
Yeah I just now added that bit in my location.
Two people isn't that bad. The only problem is that you start adapting to the other player's habits, then may apply that to other matches.
Yeah, this is just the thing I want to avoid. :urg:

It is this and one other prob, Boredom, One on one with the same two people over and over can irritate.

It's not to much of a obstacle though, If you can deal with it than I can definitely deal with it.

King~

Smash Champion
yall playin cpus for the wrong reason

i usually just play em for control and bad DI scenarios. then again im one of the few who get better on wifi *shrug*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
yall playin cpus for the wrong reason

i usually just play em for control and bad DI scenarios. then again im one of the few who get better on wifi *shrug*
That, practicing tech skill (what Brawl has of it anyway), spacing, kicking bad habits, and picking up certain tricks.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
practicing tech skill (what Brawl has of it anyway)
Agreed.

Human players are so much better for this though. If anything, even wifi seems more beneficial for spacing practice than pounding at a moving sandbag (basically) that doesn't mix it up or force you to do the same.

kicking bad habits
There's no doubt in my mind that they give a player more bad habits than they could ever help kick away.

and picking up certain tricks.
Agreed.

/I'm too nitpicky lol, but it creates discussion I guess. :3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe true, but you have good points. For spacing I guess I should be more specific. It's more of a "What move can outspace what move" thing, moreso than general spacing.

As for bad habits, ehhh... I find it easier to focus on kicking bad habits in a game situation if I start practicing it in an environment where winning is less important (AKA against CPUs.).

Wifi just messes me up TBH due to all sorts of janky **** that lag can cause, which in turn makes me change my playstyle to something that works online, but fails offline.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
looks like I'm gonna be busy that night... to bad. I hope to make it to Parma though for Brawl.

btw, what's King YOshi's website? I heard they uploaded videos there, and I wanted to see them.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sorry Kyosh, I can't make it to this. Scheduled to work.

That being said, next time I see you I'll still give ya $5.

Bead

Smash Ace
I think I might be bringing a chick friend. She wants to get good at smash to impress her friends XD I told her she can come if she wants. She's a button masher XD

King~

Smash Champion
pretty cute, bring her to argents so i can be all quiet around her <.<(lol)

bad news though

i jus talked to my mom and she like dream canceled me told me shes cleaning the carpets since its the last week before thanskgiving and we host that here <.<

so yea i cant have this at my house anymore.

if someone wants to pick up the slack ill be grateful if not its fine. this also means i wont be charging venue again, which i shouldnt have in the first place what happened was my fault and responsibilty blah blah.

if no one can i think im gonna try and go to rom(yea ive been playing melee lately and am curious to see if i just had bad expriences)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... Crap. I *Would* have said you could do it at my place, BUT, as I said before, I work...

I can maybe work it out if you guys don't mind it being on a Sunday instead?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
This is the third time in a row that I have had something canceled in my face...

I really hope something works out.

Hmmm... Crap. I *Would* have said you could do it at my place, BUT, as I said before, I work...

I can maybe work it out if you guys don't mind it being on a Sunday instead?
I'll take a sunday.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sorry, if no one else is up, namely the tourny host's, then nothing is happening.

That being said, you COULD actually call me so we can plan something this Sunday... you have my number. You're the one who canceled on me by not getting in contact, if you were talking about that.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Okay guys, since at least one person wants to show up, and I need practice, I'll host a smashfest Sunday anytime after 4 PM (Starting at 5 or 6 PM if everyone's okay with that.). Bring setups, as I only have 1. If we get enough (10 or more?) we can do a tourny too, though I kind of doubt that will happen, not to mention I have no idea how to run one, so someone who does would have to be there too.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I call dips on TO (unless KY comes) and Im confirmed to go and I'll see if anyone else wants to come

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
If you host I will be there...

I wonder who would be willing to travel ._.

Top Bottom