• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting up a good luigi

Tricky.

Smash Cadet
what are things that a noob luigi should pratice?

I have washdashing and i know mindgames are the key points but what esle

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
Beginner:
Double Aerials, Off The Ledge Tricks, What Matchups you fair against (Character Wise), Think about Stage disadvantages for your opponents.

Moderate:
Combo %'s, Better Approaches, Accepting What attacks work, Jab Grabs from Wave Dashes,

Pro:
Taunt Spike, ROFL COMBO, Edgehog with missfires while you're ahead, TheZeroFaReal Combo (In Vegas =D) ROFL, Ka-Master

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm just clueless here, but it seems like Luigi Sworyuken (^B) out of a shield or spotdodge could be worth learning.

However, I've seen high-level Luigis on YouTube and none of them ever use that move, even when they have an excellent opportunity to hit it. (like the opponent missed an L-cancel.) Is the move that unsafe, or is it simply not as effective KO move as I think it is?

Hold your flames, please. They're not funny.

LucKy9361

Smash Rookie
from my point of view they dont use it beacose they dont think about it or they find that this attaque is too dangerous cause if you miss the opponent can smash you when you are falling down

Ticonderoga

Smash Rookie
Yay for ROFL combo! Hilariously awsome and works great. Shffl Fair and Double aerial fair-sex kick works nice. Also learning to ledgeguard with bair, and another really awsome thing- edgegaurd with dair spike :laugh:

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm just clueless here, but it seems like Luigi Sworyuken (^B) out of a shield or spotdodge could be worth learning.

However, I've seen high-level Luigis on YouTube and none of them ever use that move, even when they have an excellent opportunity to hit it. (like the opponent missed an L-cancel.) Is the move that unsafe, or is it simply not as effective KO move as I think it is?

Hold your flames, please. They're not funny.
It's just not something which has been developed, because there have been so few Luigi players to do anything relevant, but you're right in that it is a viable technique with some power. It's just not obvious how to use it.

Look down in the Luigi forums a bit, and you'll find a thread titled Luigi's Superpunch Methodology (started by me, if that helps). It'll go into details. But that summary is that wavedash > jab > up-B is actually a rather effective approach. I kill with it all the time, even against the top players in Texas here in Austin, and I don't even play Luigi very often.

Top Bottom