• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

starting sheik

smasher01

Smash Ace
what are some things i should know about sheik that can help me alot
(like F-air L cancel forward tilt)

im guna start maining sheik

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
Against most characters at low percentages, you could fair lcancel to jab. Forward tilt has more lag than jabs, so you have a higher chance of getting shield grabbed. On fast fallers, tech chase with down throw and finish with up/down smash.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
L-cancelling is almost never used but remember that her walking A and Fsmash are great combo starters

L-cancelling should always be used. It's not hard, and it speeds up your game, which is always important. Fsmash isn't that great. Too easy to punish.

A lot of your game is based on your grabs and throws. Down throw basically combos into anything effective. Another down throw in many situations, since Sheik can chaingrab. Also sets up for a Fair nearly 95% of the time or so.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
fmash works in dittos...that's about it.

work a lot on simple grab tactics, JC grabs/dash dance grab/jab to grab
also work on edgeguarding every character and learn how to control each one off the edge, or when to lay off (like against doc or peach, often). use needles, backairs, and edgehogs and find out your options vs every character, and as importantly, every player.

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
I use a lot of "Dash A"s to get my opponent's in the air, and then an aerial "Forward A" attack. That helps a lot.

Oh, and don't use the chain (Forward B) with like, 4 people fighting. I learned my lesson... @.#

I only use it for edge guarding, and that works. :p

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
most of shiek's attacks end by the time she hits the ground so it's almost useless but if needed use it and I forgot to mention Uair is awesome
Only her fair ends extremely quickly and even that should be l-cancelled.

Read the guide, watch the videos, and just generally play a lot. Although I guess that isn't super helpful, sorry XD

Boogers_

Smash Cadet
throw in jabs to poke people
jab into a smash
jab into a grab
fair into a jab
when you see them start crouch cancelling your jabs, stop jabbing immediately

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
Also, Sheik's Up+B move is very laggy when you hit the ground, so try to get very good at sweetspotting the ledge when you get knocked away from the stage. You can Nair or Fair from there, I imagine.

Kearnsy

Smash Rookie
short combos from grabs and tilts and finishing with fair. also use needles wen ever possible it really adds up.

Top Bottom