• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starter Ice Climber player

Teba94

Smash Rookie
Hi!
I just start playing with Ice Climbers and I love them! I am averige with Ice Climbers but my friend almost every time wins me.

So can someone give me good advice how to play with Ice Climbers that I can beat my friend with the twins.

PS: I need advice like how to make good wobling, meteor smash or something like that.
In Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Finland, huh.

Tell us what sort of stuff you are able to do. Are you good at de-syncing, grab-smashes, d-throw d-air... tell us what you have right now and we can tell you what to learn :)

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
hey, I´m also a new IC player. :)
here in Germany there´re about 2 serious IC-Mains,so it´s really hard to get good hints how to become better.
I used to play with falco but now I´d like to try sth diffrent.

I´m playing now for about one week, I´ve started to ShDair-ChainGrab,Dsmash-Chaingrab,wobbeling and desynching. But honestly I´m not really good at it yet^^

I´ve seen matches of ChuDat and Wobbles and I was like: holy ****! OO At least I wanna become the best in Germay ;)

Hope you can help me :)

Linkario

Smash Rookie
Read the tips on how to de-sync. If you're not up to that yet, grab-smashes can be a good start. Do you know how to do that?

If you don't...

1. Grab your opponent.
2. Tap A.
3. Immediately after, press and hold A. Nana should charge up a smash while you are still grabbing the enemy.
4. You can let Nana charge up completely and release on her own, or you can release A if you think your enemy is going to escape the grab.

Once you have this down, you can try other simple quirks. A slightly easier technique is this. Wait 'til your opponent has high damage, so they'll freeze in contact with your blizzard.

1. Grab the enemy.
2. Throw them down and hold B. You will chuck them into the ground and blizzard them, turning them into ice and spinning them around.
3. As soon as you finish the blizzard, smash to the side or up, depending on how far they flew. You should be able to make contact. If not, roll out, stand your ground and lay into them with the Mallets of Malice (as I like to call them ;)).

Hope this helps. These are just basic Icy techniques, but if you can exploit them properly, you can turn the tide effectively.

Top Bottom