• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

rhan

Smash Hero
Ok I'm bored... Who wants to play a noobish Terran?

Add this name: NightlightRhan.

Warning: I DO have Dial Up. So it may lag on us but usually in 1v1's it doesn't lag. Send me a PM here with Your Starcraft SN and I'll be on shortly.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Everyone should watch bisu vs flash game 3 WCG 2009 and observe Bisu's impossible dragoon micro. Usually I hate bisu, but this was just so good.

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
Wow, his micro in that game should easily shut up any annoying 1a2a3a imba whiners. I loved his probe and pylon play, but his DT control leaves much to be desired (not that I could do any better :) .) The first game in that series was also very fun to watch.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Most 1a2a3a imba whiners aren't credible anyways, so this doesn't really change anything except for showing how good bisu can actually be.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Especially against 2hatch mutas without turrets! :chuckle:
Why doesn't Flash just go MnMs against the zergs? :( He's gooooooooooood at it. Instead, he opts for the fantasy build or 14cc and stuff? Why?:urg:

:093:
-__-

Flash's timing was late on his turrets in his latest game vs Yarnc, but he was that one small mistake from being in a really good position. That's the last time I can think of that Flash died to 2 hatch muta because of lack of turrets.

He does go mnm - he just chooses an opening that is better suited for the metagame. (1 fact expo into goliath/turret into mnm)

Also, 14cc has nothing to do with turret timing vs 2 hatch muta. It just dies to 9 pool.

Eggm

Smash Hero
My max points in the last season before it went down was 3300. C- I"m aiming for C+ next season I can't wait till it comes back up. Anyone know rougly when it will ? :) Flash's tvp is the best, but its so freaking boring and makes Terran look cheap which is bad since I use terran. :) Skyhigh and leta are my favorite terran's. Their games are so entertaining and fresh. Also Leta looks a ton like reik which makes me laugh a lot.

Whose pretty good on iccup and wants to play some hamachi right now? :)

Aim me : Broodwarmasterr

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I'd play you Eggm, when Iccup starts again, because I don't have hamachi.

Also I think that flash makes tvp look fun. He basically does the same thing (yes I can see how that can be boring), but there is so much annoying **** he has to deal with. Not to mention he works off of 1-2 facs for like an abnormal amount of time and then kind of busts out to slowly catch up in economy and eventually just *****. Watching flash defend a hardcore attack is the most entertaining thing I can think of, and I am sure many people who would at least somewhat agree. But yeah I can see the boringness in flash's game style.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'd play you Eggm, when Iccup starts again, because I don't have hamachi.

Also I think that flash makes tvp look fun. He basically does the same thing (yes I can see how that can be boring), but there is so much annoying **** he has to deal with. Not to mention he works off of 1-2 facs for like an abnormal amount of time and then kind of busts out to slowly catch up in economy and eventually just *****. Watching flash defend a hardcore attack is the most entertaining thing I can think of, and I am sure many people who at least somewhat agree. But yeah I can see the boringness in flash's game style.
its a free d/l hit me up on aim maybe we can set it up together?

Perfect Hero

Smash Apprentice
My iccup goal last season was c- in all 3 matchups, but too bad the season ended too fast. :[

Only got c- in 2 two accounts.

Added you on Aim eggm, maybe we can play later

Frio

Smash Champion
Hey guys I use to be beast at SC before the expansion came out. Now I'm just wondering. Is it still good to mass BC or should I get my supply to 200 with marines and medics. From what I've heard medics are pretty good.

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Has it been decided in this thread to make a smashboards related channel on B.net? Or does everybody already have a channel they play in? I ask because I'm about to get back into SC after a loooooooooong hiatus and want to play some non-money maps.

sevenmorehills

Smash Cadet
Just got my D+ :)
Of course, it took an embarrassingly long 7 months but I'm still happy
Anyone wanna play?

sevenmorehills

Smash Cadet
Haha, i doubt it. I'm not very good.
I'm doing hw now, but I'd love to play you later
If i remember correctly you play zerg so it would be a zvz, which i don't mind but other people seem to hate *shrug*

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Haha, i doubt it. I'm not very good.
I'm doing hw now, but I'd love to play you later
If i remember correctly you play zerg so it would be a zvz, which i don't mind but other people seem to hate *shrug*
zvz is actually my favorite and best matchup :p

I'll be free around 10:30, 11:00, so if you wanna hit me up on aim, feel free to do so (wwrdude).

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I suppose I'm nowhere near as good as most of the other people here, but some of my best memories growing up have been playing Starcraft, going through the story mode, playing against friends or computers.

My main problem, I suppose, is my opening game... I know enough chess and Starcraft to know that your opening is the most important part, but mine has always been subpar, especially after I stopped playing for a few years. I can never correctly gauge how many drones I should make, what I should build first, how fast I need to do everything, and the beginning attacks always get me. But it's always been that, if I somehow manage to survive the first attack or so, then I pull it together to be strong for the middle and the end. That's why I excel in more isolated situations.

Of course, having a strong endgame doesn't really matter if you lose within the first few minutes. Still, I'll always keep going back to the game: those few minutes are still more fun than most games out there. :laugh:

It doesn't help that I spend large amounts of time not playing it between misplacing - re-finding the disc or (once my old, abused disc finally broke) buying a new version, and have lost a lot of my skill (while opening rushes would always be potentially crippling but survivable before, now I can't consistently survive the openings of the computers). It's not like a fighting game or riding a bike, I suppose, the essentials don't come back to me within an hour or so of play.

Hopefully I'll have a good opportunity to start over and relearn the game once Starcraft II comes around.

Top Bottom