• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

Alphicans

Smash Hero
In official maps, they don't have critters for that reason exactly! but sure on campaign it works, i did it all the time.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That's genius! I should do that if I ever build queens >_>
Lol it's a not very known thing that you can do. Unfortunately, computer players always kill them on sight so don't try this on CPU's. Humans, well depends on who you're playing. I always kill critters on sight through. :p
Can never be too careful/paranoid!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You should always have at least a couple of Queens around, especially against Protoss.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Actually, queens are like never used. The only time they are used are if you want to completly **** rines, with darkswarm, plague, and the sticky green spell (wow i forgot wat it is called xD).

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Ensnare Alphican, ensnare... :p I agree with Alphican, Queens are never used, but I also believe that they are highly underrated. They can be used very effectively against mnm (ensnare), against DT (ensnare), and can be used very well for scouting out the enemy with parasite. I also believe that they can be used very effectively against Terran and their tanks with Spawn Broodling, and against Protoss and their High Templar. The two most annoying units in the game are being taken out quite efficiently with only a few spells. True, they wont be able to take out every single tank or high templar, but just taking out a few could turn the tides in a battle :p

Just had to put in my two cents.

Nezuko

Future Gadget Laboratory
I haven't played Starcraft in the longest time, mostly looking forward to Starcraft 2. When I did play though, I was a Zerg player. Not exactly pro by any means, but yes Queens can be very powerful. Not only can they instagib things, esnare is awesome! The ultimate defense against annoying cloakers... who needs detectors? Unfortunately I was never that great at Zerg because I was very clumsy with lurkers... haha. Atleast in open combat... Dropping lurkers in the middle of workers is an obvious and very easy thing to do :)

I definitely agree with the "terran need more micro thing". Granted my opinion might not count for much, but you can definitely just... tell! Especially when you watch the pro-gamer Koreans play. Vultures anyone? I hated that unit, not for its notoriety but because it sucked! Little did I know..

SloT

Smash Journeyman
F8AL, when your doing SKTerran (mass MnM and an excessive amount of vessel and no tank...) ensnare + Hydra lurk ling *****. hardcore.
but hey i wanna play you sometime ;D msg me when ever ^^

SloT

Smash Journeyman
yea SKTerran is teh awesomeness lol
anyways... Nuada i wanna re you =P come on and play me sometime !! T.T

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
so I'm back from limbo... did I miss anything important?

oooo a discussion on queens... yeah great unit... I always used to parasite critters on maps and they always seemed to scout enemy bases for me...it was awesome. unfortunately too many players using DA feedback ruined my day

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Does that mean we can talk about ToSsGirL now? please. ;)
I know this is a really old post, but seriously why would we talk about her? She's not even that hot and she was a really crappy progamer. I don't look at gender, I think women have just as mich potential as men but she was just so bad!!

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
I know this is a really old post, but seriously why would we talk about her? She's not even that hot and she was a really crappy progamer. I don't look at gender, I think women have just as mich potential as men but she was just so bad!!
I know it was just to be silly and to help ease the tension. as I recall some users where having a pretty heated argument over nothing. at least I thought so at the time

as for girl progamers yes I do agree they have potential. but the reason I think tossgirl doesn't stack up to the guys is she doesn't practice nearly as much. I look at the respective schedules and guy progamers are practicing like 10-15 hours a day where she is practice 3 hours at most

for the record I think she's kinda cute

Jazriel

Smash Ace
for the record I think she's kinda cute
Depends on the angle ;)

Just fyi, technically, female gamers should **** the **** out of male gamers. Strong language intended to enhance my statement. :p

In terms of FPS's and such, men > women. The male brain is designed to handle one task at a time, but to do it extremely efficiently and fast. This is why, when it comes to reflexes and such, men win.

In terms of multitasking and thought management, women >>>>> better than men it's not even funny. The female brain is designed to handle and process so much more information at once it puts men to shame.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Just started playing some StarCraft again, been a while :)
I play a bit of random but usually Zerg, and I don't play fastest >< If anyone is interested to play I'm CynanMachae at US.East or ICCup. I used to play on PGTour before it died, and was about D+/C- rank

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Just started playing some StarCraft again, been a while :)
I play a bit of random but usually Zerg, and I don't play fastest >< If anyone is interested to play I'm CynanMachae at US.East or ICCup. I used to play on PGTour before it died, and was about D+/C- rank
Perfect! I'm just getting over this annoying cold so I'd love to play some regular 1v1's or whatever. I'm a little bit better than my bro but we both suck really bad. Feel free to add me on USEast, *Jazriel.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
exactly what I did, actually... I was tired of only playing the computer (my friends only ever wanted to play comp stomps... not very fun :(). I actually haven't played much on battle.net as of late, my school has been keeping me a little busy...

If anybody would like to play me though, I'll see what I can do! my account is tjrook, and I can play on any server (US West is preferred though)

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Good, I added you :)
kk, I'm not online much but this week I'll start playing a game or two with my brother a day (hopefully) so you should see me on then. If not just tell me times you play and I'll hop on if I can.

This has been bothering me for a while, a lot of people have beef with MBS for SC2, but all what I see it as is the magic CTS-reducing option that everyone should want. My question is this, do SC pro's suffer from RSI's or anything like that?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
ok i have the most scewy story to tell.

so i wake up and i bus my arse up the towers (shopping center) i go to EB with my $50 dollar game voucher. i pick up SC & BW then i head the counter. I give him my card and he says. sorry not enough cash on the card. so he checks my balance i have $0 on the card when it should have $50. orrggg. So i go home on the bus and i call up EB. i tell them the number for my card and they say it has $50. so the guy just screwed up. So i woke up and 8 o clock and bused the the towers. Why? a pointless expedition. i will go back and get SC and BW another time. orgggg

Jazriel

Smash Ace
ok i have the most scewy story to tell.

so i wake up and i bus my arse up the towers (shopping center) i go to EB with my $50 dollar game voucher. i pick up SC & BW then i head the counter. I give him my card and he says. sorry not enough cash on the card. so he checks my balance i have $0 on the card when it should have $50. orrggg. So i go home on the bus and i call up EB. i tell them the number for my card and they say it has $50. so the guy just screwed up. So i woke up and 8 o clock and bused the the towers. Why? a pointless expedition. i will go back and get SC and BW another time. orgggg

lol

Eww @ bs and ursa. They're lame.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Ursa is my main in DotA. i play Treant when we need a good supporting hero. I just have BS because he looks sick. lets stick to SC. talk about it in the TFT thread

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Yar, my brother and I have plans to play some SC everyday at 1700. We use Hamachi to hook up and vent to talk. I also got my old school friend into it again and he's gonna join us via Hamachi. If anyone else has Hamachi you can join if you want. I can also host b.net rooms so I don't really know why we're doing Hamachi but oh well.

This is more or less directed at Cynan Machae but any is free to join.

O.o You're from Quebec Cynan? Whereabouts? My family just moved to Quebec ~3 months ago. A small place far North called Val-d'Or. No smashers here :(

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Yea, I've got Hamachi, so I'd be interested yea. But will need the server name and apss tho :p . And Hamachi is better than b.net latency-wise, so it's one advantage :)

Yea, I'm living in Québec City actually. Yea I know Val-d'Or :p I've got family in Abitibi-Temiscamingue (more around Chibougamau). Where did you live before? And I don't know many smashers around here too :p

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Yea, I've got Hamachi, so I'd be interested yea. But will need the server name and apss tho :p . And Hamachi is better than b.net latency-wise, so it's one advantage :)

Yea, I'm living in Québec City actually. Yea I know Val-d'Or :p I've got family in Abitibi-Temiscamingue (more around Chibougamau). Where did you live before? And I don't know many smashers around here too :p

Nice! I lived in Ottawa for a few years before moving here.

Hamachi information: (It's all case sensitive and spaces count and what not)
Server name: "Pluzak's StarCraft Brood War Server"
Password: "Hat Fifty Two"

If you have difficulty seeing games it's because there's something you have to do with Hamachi (a Windows configuration) that I can guide you through, it's really easy. And we're using the latest version.

Nuada

Smash Cadet
I'm back, sorry for the disappearance, went to Huston for the Holiday's :)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
i have zerg micro YaYuHzZzZzZzZ

it makes me good at ice climbers YAYUHZZZZZZZZ
Umm...... That wouldn't make you good at IC's. It might help you get a better understanding of super smashbrothers it self, but not help with a specific character. Ontop of that I would like to c ur zerg micro, cause i highly doubt ur really good just by how u presented your self. Cya then :)

Top Bottom