• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Standalone Red... WAIT! without any Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, what...?

He attacks by hitting people with his balls?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Isn't it rumored that Red was going to fight on his own before he became Pokémon Trainer?
I remember seeing that somewhere.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or maybe Blue just deposited it in the PC. Also I support the idea. I will try to come up with a moveset later.
Why would be deposit a pokemon while not having a full team of 6?

Even if it's a weak pokemon, he could still use it to take a hit while healing his party or something.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I thought this was a joke at first, but when I saw the moveset ideas I realized that this could actually work. X and Y do have a TON of references to people fighting on their own.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Red Icon:

In my mind, this Red had all his pokemon faint and instead of taking them to the Pokemon Trainer, he decides to fight all the pokemon himself.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I thought this was a joke at first, but when I saw the moveset ideas I realized that this could actually work. X and Y do have a TON of references to people fighting on their own.
Trust me, I am 100% serious when it comes to this thread, 90% of the time!
Red Icon:

In my mind, this Red had all his pokemon faint and instead of taking them to the Pokemon Trainer, he decides to fight all the pokemon himself.
thanks for the icon! adding it to the OP now.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
..You know what? I think this is pretty Creative. I'll Support Red.
Wait, Damn, that means I'm taking waldo out of my sig..

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I guess you could make him a zoning characters by making most of his attacks depenent on throwing pokeballs that don't actually hit anyone but instead just land and summon random pokemon. but I do like my other idea better.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey guys, if you go over to the Project M clone character thread and vote for red (along with 4 other characters) there's a higher chance the Project M people will put red in their mod! Make sure you read the OP though.

now only if there was something like this for smash 4...

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
YES i was expecting this in brawl over that lame 3 pokemons in one.
Well in a way, i imagine him using pokemons anyways but still pretty cool.

I also imagine the rocks being more like cody :p

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Bump. Yeah I kinda hated the 3 Pokemon idea and would rather have just Charizard or this. Except sadly this is less likely.

Do you think Sakurai would want to do this? It is such a weird idea but also seems like a cool one.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Do you think Sakurai would want to do this? It is such a weird idea but also seems like a cool one.
How the **** would I know?

You think I'm psychic? Cause I'm not! This is sakuri, pal. He's unpredictable!

Last edited:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
can't say I'm a fan, of course I'm one of the few that liked PT how he was. I feel like including a standalone Red is pretty much stripping the character of what makes him who he is. Still if this is what conspires in the end, I guess it's better than nothing.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I heavily support this. Pokemon now has no diversity, as if the games are all Pokemon, or all of one type. Not true at all. I was more upset about this than Squirtle.

I think he would have to incorporate aspects of different Pokemon games.
To just have him throw rocks and stuff.. I think that makes sense as standards I suppose, instead of punching and stuff. But, it impedes a bit on Villager, and ultimately makes them both a little boring if they are specials.

Id really prefer if his standard attacks were the moves he uses, like Cut, Strength, and Surf, with generic Pokemon type things coming out (like that fish you ride in the ocean). For Fly, I think that he should not be able to control it, but rather, Fly certain distances in relation to the course (like how he can only fly to only cities). But obviously not just anywhere, because that would mean he can always recover.

Id have him use a Camera, as in Pokemon Snap, paralyzing the opponent for a minute. Id give him a stylus to use in some as well.

For Final Smash: Blastoise an Venusaur come out. If there is a Charizard on the field, it is continually flung out off the course time and time again, putting it in last place automatically. He then is captured and becomes forever part of the final smash again :D

Obviously that last bit is not serious, other than Blastoise and Venusaur.

Last edited:

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, when you look into it he has a lot of items at his disposal.
The fishing rod, the bike, the smoke ball, and the silph scope are some that could be useful.
Not to mention the HM moves
Sakurai is creative, so who knows.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
can't say I'm a fan, of course I'm one of the few that liked PT how he was. I feel like including a standalone Red is pretty much stripping the character of what makes him who he is. Still if this is what conspires in the end, I guess it's better than nothing.
Firstly, I love your avatar, a whole lot. Megatons.

Secondly, this inspired me to think more.

So, what makes red, red? Ultimately that is important moreso than any.

He has to catchem all.
Well, that is Pokemon's Ash, moreso.
But the act of catching is one of the most important things about him, for sure.
That he is a master.

Somehow, I think this could be incorporated in his moveset.
I started by thinking "what if he somehow controlled the other Pokemon when they were playing, in some way?" Of course, that wouldn't be fair or even play or a moveset, but it was my starting point.
It grew.
Perhaps, in some way he manipulates the other fighters, and in a way that isn't reminiscent spellcasters. He could, on occassion, call out an attack, and that would have player B fire certain moves (such as a teleport, or a projectile against enemy C).

Another option could be to return players, that is, for a double match (this isnt really... useful half the time, I'll admit, but it would get ideas flowing). This is, he would call a return for a character, an the familiar Red laser would bring a teammate straight to him, such as when he was falling off stage (obviously it still would have certain barriers, but that is to be determined for balance).

I think coupling these ideas with the Pokeball catch, HM moves, and various ideas from other pokemon games (Rangers, Snap, Mystery Dungeon.. if that one is applicable) makes him incredibly unique as a character, a fantastic strategic player, representative of Pokemon franchise as a whole, and just plain awesome.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Now that Charizard is flying solo, I'm totally for this idea.

My ideal Pokemon lineup is:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Red
Charizard
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Now that Charizard is flying solo, I'm totally for this idea.

My ideal Pokemon lineup is:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Red
Charizard
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
For me, I'd replace Jiggs with sceptile. and by ideal, I mean ideal including the ones we have now, because I didnt want Lucario, nor Greninja. But seven for Pokemon is a lot if the roster is under 50 (if not, then I believe Pokemon and Mario should both have seven, regardless of anything other than number, because they each mean too much to Nintendo in terms of popularity and sales, not to mention history, to have fewer than seven.

For Mario, I would add Toad and Paper Mario, and I think that would be perfect. This would in turn make Kirby and Donkey Kong having Four just dandy, which would of course be Bandana Dee, K Rool, and Dixie, for me. This is where we are getting good balance in series' reps, reps in the series, and all star inclusion.)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
But Jigglypuff is on there...
Ugh, that actually makes me sad. Ugh.
But if I am not getting sentimental about Squirtle, I am not about Jigglypuff. They had three games to make her personality shine, or in any way relevant to Pokemon, and they didnt even give her sing. So I'm done trying.

Though I wouldnt be sad to see her back

@ Starcutter Starcutter
...you have Sceptile in your signature!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, the chances of this raised considerably. There is a part of me that wants to see this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom