• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stages you hate in Sm4sh

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Returning stages don't count
- Palutena temple
- Gaur plain
- Gamer
- Garden of hope
The great cave offense
- Mushroom kingdom U ( I despise nabbit).

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I like all of the new stages. If I hated anything, it'd probably be Punch Out just because of a bad experience, not the stages fault. Also, Garden of Hope is one of my favorite stages. What the heck, man? I will NOT tolerate you having a different opinion!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm not a fan of Sezaku Castle, personally.

Also not huge on Garden of Hope or Great Cave Offensive.

EDIT: Forgot about Wily's Castle and Pyrosphere. Stupid bosses.

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Eh, I like all of the new stages. If I hated anything, it'd probably be Punch Out just because of a bad experience, not the stages fault. Also, Garden of Hope is one of my favorite stages. What the heck, man? I will NOT tolerate you having a different opinion!
The bad experience was fighting a lil mac on that stage wasn't it?

Idk, I like all the stages. Great cave offensive for trolling, Mushroom kingdom U for something different, etc. All the new stages have a purpose. I guess wily's castle is pretty bad but that's really it.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
Even though I don't hate any of the stages in Sm4sh, I do find 75m and Pack-Land very annoying to play on...

Last edited:

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
I dispise pac-land sooooo much...

And I know you said no returning stages but I have always hated onnett... Stupid place that nobody has any room to get around UUUUUGGG...

WalrusBiscuit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalrusBiscuit
I dont like great cave offensive.

Now I know this is a returning stage but I hate fd. Its just to simple for me

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman

And I know you said no returning stages but I have always hated onnett... Stupid place that nobody has any room to get around UUUUUGGG...
Lmao I agree with you on onett. The cars do too much damage. They should have brought back Fourside or a redesigned new pork city.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
1. Palutena's Temple- Just plain huge
2. Pyrosphere- Ridley constantly gets in the way
3. Jungle Hijinxs- It gets tedious having the ground constantly crumble under you
4. Wiley Castle- Yellow Devil gets in the way
5. Pac-Land- Way too small and moves too fast, small platforms
6. Mushroom Kingdom U- Would enjoy it more if not for Nabbit
7. Garden of Hope- Dislike it only for the Peckish Aristocrab
8. Gaur Plains- Don't care for how it's structured
9. Great Cave Offensive- Easy for people to run away from you

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
When playing crazy orders I always seem to self destruct on Orbital Gate Assault (Starfox)

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Duck Hunt and every stage with a boss

Ryan.

Smash Lord
1. Gamer - Least favorite in the game. The mom is too intrusive for me.
2. Duck Hunt - Hate when you're about to kill someone and the dog pops up and saves them.
3. Dr. Wily's Castle - Yellow Devil.
4. 75 m - Didn't like it in Brawl and don't like it here.
5. Yoshi's Island - I just hate how this stage is angled and then the death trap in the middle.

When playing just for fun, I don't mind the rest of the stages. In terms of competitive play, there are more I would add to the list, like Dream Land 64 because of the wind and Castle Siege because of the middle transformation.

D

Deleted member

Pac-land because it moves too fast and it's stress inducing.
Wily Castle because of the Yellow Devil.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Oh, wait, nevermind. Pac-Land exists. I forgot about that.. ">.>
Definitely my lest favorite new stage.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
Another reason why I dislike Pac-Land is the art style it's in. I mean I know that it's supposed to replicate the original game, but it seriously looks like it's done in MS paint. I would rather have it like Wrecking Crew, where it's not in it's typical 8 bit design, but you can still tell what game it's supposed to be based on.

Last edited:

sovereigntea

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0146-9845-1024
Anything with a great layout but horrible gimmick that forces you to use omega mode.
WarioWare and Pyrosphere for instance...

75m: Hazards
Pac-Land: Too ugly
The Great Cave Offensive: Too big
Pyrosphere: Ridley
Wily Castle: Yellow Devil

Gaur Plains, despite having a stage boss, isn't as bad as Pyrosphere and Wily Castle, mainly because Metal Face isn't as disruptive and is easier to avoid.

Benoas

Smash Cadet
Orbital Gate assault: because for some reason when it switches to the arwing transformation it always seems to dump me below them.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pac-Land - Scrolling stage and it looks like the design was made in MS Paint.
Wily's Castle - Yellow Devil
75m - It's a cluster**** of platforms with several hazards.
Pyrosphere - Ridley
GCO - Stupid gimmick, too many hazards and you can't see fighters unless they all gather together.

Kaibo

Smash Cadet

Pac land was where I was born, and I'm determined to protect it :troll:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
There's a lot of stages in this game I don't like. Such as...
- Pyrosphere, because Ridley and ******** ledges.
- 75m, for many reasons.
- Gamer, because **** the camera on this stage.
- Onett
- Gaur Plains
I actually like the Great Cave Offensive, believe it or not.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Thematically, Windy Hill Zone and Garden of Hope because I'd throw a party if the corresponding characters got removed from the game.

Functionally, though, Palutena's Temple, Smashville (too much Sheik bias), PacLand, 75M, and Mario Galaxy. Yes, I'd play with Ridley before I'd let gravity screw my projectiles.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Pac-Land, Wrecking Crew and non-omega Palutena's Temple are the only stages I really dislike/refuse to play. Of the new stages, that is. If you're counting 3DS you can add Golden Plains to the list as well.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Basically what everyone said, but if the 3DS version is counted definitely Magicant. It's a good stage but it's ruined by that stupid Flying Man.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Great Cave Offensive is obviously the one stage I'm not fond off due to its ridiculous size. Same goes for Palutena's Temple.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Flat Zone X, because, while I like that FZ1 is acknowledged, it's just so awkwardly shoehorned in. With the Manhole guy and Oil Panic still there despite also being on the "central hub" of Fire, it's painfully obvious that it was intended to be standalone.
  • Palutena's Temple; also known as, how not to make a large stage. KOs are pretty much impossible on it. Unlocking :4darkpit: was a nightmare.
  • Wily's Castle, Gaur Plains, and Pyrosphere are tied. Stage bosses are a terrible concept that never should have happened. End of story.
  • Orbital Gate Assault was obviously intended to be more cinematic than actually playable. To rub salt in the wound, according to a PotD, Sakurai wasted an entire ****ing year on this.
  • Town & City: Really not needed. Same location as Smashville. Redundant as ****. Sick of seeing Diddy on it on top of that. Why is a City Folk stage in general here, anyway? City Folk is literally unplayable now due to the Nintendo WFC shutdown. There's no reason to promote it anymore.

...I actually like Great Cave Offensive, even if only because I always wanted to play matches on Race to the Finish in Melee and it very much reminds me of that. Its Danger Zones counteract its gargantuan size and make KOs actually a realistic goal, unlike on Palutemple.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I only have the 3DS version... sooooo...

-Golden Plains
-Paper Mario
-Mushroomy Kingdom
-Spirit Train
-Flat Zone 2 (but I do love the Ω variant!)
-Balloon Fight

I really hope there's gonna be some more simple stages as DLC, as in, no auto-scroll or intrusive hazards.
Peach' Castle 64 and Hyrule Castle 64 do fit the bill for that though, so I can't really complain.

eviljoeybonkers

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eviljoeybonkers
3DS FC
4897-6248-0097
The Great Cave Offensive is easily one of the worst stages in the whole franchise.

Palutena's Temple is really bad too.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Great cave offensive is easily the worst stage in smash history.
I thought nothing could beat out Mario Bros, but then GCO came along.

Rhydon65

Smash Rookie
Skyworld and 75m. SW is just a bunch of caves of life and recovery-blocking platforms, and 75m was just a bad idea. Period.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Miiverse. Needs more dong to be better.

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
While I don't necessarily hate them, there are a few I dislike that I could live without

Orbital Gate Assault: It may be good to look at, but it's not a good Smash stage
75m: It's a pain to run around in. No idea why it's here
Pac-Land: Auto-scrolling is never okay

Some honorable mentions

Garden of Hope: This one just seems kinda "meh" to me
Kalos Pokemon League: I actually really like this stage. For multiplayer. Single-player is a nightmare though as, more often than not, you get KO'd by some BS stage hazard

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Pac-Land, and every stage the has a huge stage boss (Pyrosphere and Wily Castle). Hey game! I'm fighting other people, not the stage.

Top Bottom