• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages to ban against characters!

bassem6

Smash Lord
As most of you know, I recently went to a tourney. I feel that I could have placed higher in the tournament had I not made some poor stage banning decisions. So in order to prevent this fate from happening to the rest of you, I have made this thread to help determine the best stages to ban( if not banned my tourney rules) for each character.

I'll start this off with some important ones that I know of, and hopefully you guys will contribute and help me fill the entire list.

Game and watch- Corneria, rainbow cruise

MK- Luigis mansion, rainbow cruise

Falco- Jungle japes, pirate ship, norfair

DK-luigi's mansion, Japes,corneria

Snake - Luigis Mansion , lylat, smashville

DDD- FD,Delfino, rainbow cruise

Olimar- battlefield/anywhere he can hide under platforms

Ness- Pirate ship

bassem6

Smash Lord
Hmm, I understand fd for ddd but why luigis for dk? Also I think snake does better on BF than SV...

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
against ddd- delfino/rainbow/fd

against falco- japes/pirate ship

against snake- luigis/lylat/sv

against metaknight- luigis/rainbow

aginast gw- corneria/rainbow

aginast lolimar- battlefield/anywhere he can hide under platforms

against dk- japes....japes.....japes

I'll post more later

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
DK- japes, rainbow, corneria....anywhere with walls or moving stages. Watch out for smashville as well.

BMX

Smash Lord
i completely agree with bassem.

i couldve placed higher in C3 ECRC if it werent 4 poor knowledge of stage decisions.

Falco is my situation. anyplace that has a disjointed area without places to chain grab sucessfully are good places.

Falco-Norfair

DDD-N0rfair(gotta research]

the rest ill look at soon.

PurpleAvenger

Smash Rookie
Yea, Norfair's my new favorite Wario stage for a few reasons.

All I really have to add to this is for versus Marth. He does well on most of the stages wario does so it makes banning tough. Personally I ban Lylat, the platforms plus the weird tilts make it hard to recover against his range.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Um... don't take Marth to Norfair. He's hard enough to space from as it is, smaller area on the plats makes it more difficult, and he can abuse his up b invincibility on the ledges (if he's any good).

Top Bottom