• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages suggestions (poll)

Pokèmon stadium 2 version

• Total voters

seanbb

Smash Cadet
My suggestions:
- restoration of the transformations in pokèmon stadium 2
- changing dreamland's stage with the green greens because there are too stages with only three platforms and it is more "melee style".

other stages with only 3 platforms.
-dreamland
-norfair
-skyworld
-yoshi story
-rumble falls
-fountains of dream

and votate!

Sorry for my bad english.
Regards.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pokemon Stadium 2 is my favorite stage in PM -- with no transformations. And Dreamland as it is might be my second favorite. Heh.

So, needless to say I'm opposed to changing them.

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
In Project M (and smash in general), the most well-designed and least exploitable stages are flat with a handful of platforms. This layout allows for a variety of playstyles and movement options from the cast without favoring any one character significantly more than the others. That's why the most played tournament stages are all "flat with a few platforms": They're the best for fair, competitive play.
Obstacles such as permanent walls make certain characters insanely powerful by providing infinite combos (which aren't very enjoyable) or huge camping potential (which is also no fun). No one wants to deal with a random laser cannon KOing them when money is on the line, just because your opponent chose Halberd instead of Battlefield. These stages are usually banned for that reason.

I know the bottom row of Page 1 looks incredibly bland (it has 3 "flat" stages and 4 "triangle" stages), but looking closer you'll find important differences between each stage that makes them unique. Compare the tiny size of Yoshi's Story to the much larger Dreamland: If your gameplan involves lots of running away, you'll want to go to the larger stage where running away is actually possible. If you plan on comboing your opponent left and right, Final Destination is a lot better than Battlefield. These differences may seem small, but they make a world of difference in tourney.

With that in mind, not every stage has to be this way. There are a lot of stages in Project M that come with quirky obstacles such as walls, moving cameras, and other crazy nonsense. These stages are a lot of fun to play on in a friendly environment, but these stages are not well designed for a competitive match with money on the line. This is why these stages are considered "casual" stages. They're still there if you want them, they're waiting on Page 2.

As for your suggestions, Pokemon Stadium 2 exists so you can play on the amazingly well designed Pokemon Stadium 1 without worrying about an unplayable rock formation or obnoxious tree getting in the way of fighting. Transformations are a lot of fun and part of why Pokemon Stadium was so unique and memorable in melee. However, in a tournament setting (or just really savvy casual play), some phases really interfered with the flow of the match, often leading to opponents waiting for a transformation to be over before continuing to fight. This really bores spectators (part of the reason Smash is so popular) and annoyed players, enough to ask for a Pokemon Stadium without worrying about a burnt tree slowing thing down. Thus, Pokemon Stadium 2.

As for replacing Dreamland 64 with Dreamland Melee, that won't happen. The melee stage could be included on Page 2 no problem, but Dreamland 64 is an important part of tournament play. This is a competitively minded mod, so DL64 is eternal.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
PS2's transformations are huge a pain in the a** compared to PS1's transformations. Slippery ice, lower gravity, a moving conveyor belt, these are big no-no's for a balanced stage.

Melee SD Remix Green Greens could work, though, but as the guy above me said, no need to fix things that aren't broken.

Last edited:

seanbb

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your replies and your votes! :)
I appreciate your opinions.

@ Xenozoa425 Xenozoa425
you're right, ps2 is better now, and the materball is beautiful.
But it would be better to have several stages.
Maybe dividing stages into 2 categories:
- For the tournament (simple and balanced stages like yoshi story or battlefield)
- For fun or for classic mode (bigger and funniest like onett or temple)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Maybe dividing stages into 2 categories:
- For the tournament (simple and balanced stages like yoshi story or battlefield)
- For fun or for classic mode (bigger and funniest like onett or temple)
They did do that. Page 1 is where all the competitive stages are and Page 2 is where all the casual stages are.

And since I get into an argument with somebody every time the word "casual" is brought up. Let me make one thing clear, I am not trying to be in any way hateful by referring to people who just want to have fun and relax with a video game "casual gamers".

Last edited:

seanbb

Smash Cadet
pokefloats. that is all.
It's a good Idea, pokèfloats is fantastic but I prefer:
Melee stages
-Greengreens
-Great Bay (maybe replacing hyrule castle,
between the N64's stage grafics and the grafics of the wii there are too difference).
-Yoshi's Island (because is Marioworld)
Brawl stages
-Bridge of eldin (because Twilight princess is epic)
-green hill zone (the original version)

Last edited:

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
Melee stages
DK Jungle w/o Rock of Campiness (replace Jungle Japes. Seriously, no one enjoys this stage other than for trolling).
Great Bay (why not?)
Pokefloats (single most requested stage of all time.)

Smash 64 stages
Princess Peach's Castle. We could drop Saffron City or Rumble Falls. It'd be fine either way. Although then we would have six castle stages...(Peach Melee, Temple, Temple64, Dracula, Siege)

@ seanbb seanbb Are you named after Seanbaby from Cracked.com?

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Transformations on PS2? Goodness please don't add that. It is one of the best stages in the game right now and adding the transformation would make it page 2 status. I would actually like if that second Dream Land was added with just the middle platform.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Oppose.

I love Project M's rendition of Pokemon Stadium 2, the stage plays very well and is aesthetically-pleasing; the shade of blue and incorporation of the Master Ball blends so well with the original background scenery much better than the green Poke Ball themed version of vBrawl. Hands down one of my favorite stages in vanilla Project M.

If you want the transformations back, I'm fairly certain you can edit the .pac file to bring them back, might want to go to Customized Content for more information.

seanbb

Smash Cadet
Melee stages
DK Jungle w/o Rock of Campiness (replace Jungle Japes. Seriously, no one enjoys this stage other than for trolling).
Great Bay (why not?)
Pokefloats (single most requested stage of all time.)

Smash 64 stages
Princess Peach's Castle. We could drop Saffron City or Rumble Falls. It'd be fine either way. Although then we would have six castle stages...(Peach Melee, Temple, Temple64, Dracula, Siege)

@ seanbb seanbb Are you named after Seanbaby from Cracked.com?
There are too graphic differents between wii and N64, the old stage are too "old".
Jungle japes is one of my favourite stage. There is also cranky kong! :)
Great Bay is a must have!

I'm a new user and I don't know Cracked.com.

Why don't you just use a stage expansion so you can get all the stages you want and more?
can the modders add more stages?

Last edited:

MasterSmiloid

Smash Rookie
Can the modders add Bonzai Bill and the blocks you can activate with switches to the Princess Peach's Castle stage? I feel that the stage is incomplete without them.

Last edited:

Kegga Beatz

Smash Cadet
What they should make is the mechanic they had on Melee where they had Alternate Stages. Dunno if its possible, just an idea. I also agree with the stage expansion pack though. I hope they do it with a Project M update though because we can have wifi battle instead being restricted to them by only being to play on the stages online if another person also has the stage pack.

seanbb

Smash Cadet
Can the modders add Bonzai Bill and the blocks you can activate with switches to the Princess Peach's Castle stage? I feel that the stage is incomplete without them.
You're right, Ppc is incomplete without B. Bills!

Top Bottom