• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages Fox is good on?

ToastPerson

Smash Rookie
NNID
DooksAndDags
I just picked up Fox recently, and I'm wondering, "what stages should I pick, and what stages should I stay away from?" Thanks for any help given

BrickBot

Smash Cadet
Stay the hell away from lylat. If the ledge moves in an unfavorable direction you can die or eat a hard punish. If you can auto cancel your up-airs you should definitely stick to stages that have platforms so you can shark effectively. I personal feel like smashville is only favorable in certain match-ups. Against characters who can keep up with you i would stay away from that stage, but against slower characters the smaller stage means they have a harder time getting away from you. My favorite stage is Town & City because the low ceiling and many platforms really brings out the best of fox.

Xamad

You want the JoJ
NNID
Xamad51
Like BrickBot mentioned, Town and City is good because its low ceiling + platforms allow Fox to combo and kill off the top really easily.

Dreamland is also one of his best stages for the same reasons, low ceiling + platforms, only now the platforms are static, so combo and kill options are more consistent. I honestly prefer DL, but T&C is still a great option.

Also, Lylat is also very bad for Fox because it has a high ceiling, meaning he can't kill off the top as easily, and the platforms don't help his combos as much as other platformed stages. Overall this is his worst stage by far (which is pretty ironic since it's his home stage). Ban this whenever you can unless you know your opponent doesn't want to choose it either.

Last edited:

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
Yes, Lylat is by far your worst stage as Fox. Smashville is your second worst starter because of the close side blast zones and relatively small stage. Battlefield and Dreamland are Fox's best stages, as he benefits greatly from platforms to extend up air juggles and provide additional places to recover to. Town and City is similar with its low ceiling and platforms, and Duck Hunt is great for us because it has lots of room to run around, a wall to help our recovery and the flora and fauna can help extend our juggles.

Overall, I'd say:

1. Always strike Lylat unless your opponent doesn't like it either. A Fox game should never go to Lylat.
2. Always consider striking Smashville game 1, especially vs Diddy, Sheik, etc. Strike another stage if you personally feel like it's worth it for the MU (e.g, Battlefield vs Cloud, FD vs Villager).
3. On your counterpick, you can pick from T&C, Duck Hunt, Battlefield and Dreamland depending on the MU and if/where you've already won games in the set.

Also, Final Destination is a great Fox stage as well, but doesn't have some of the benefits of the other stages. It's not a bad place to go game 1 (a lot of my game 1's go there) and is a good counterpick, especially against other vertical pressure characters like Cloud and ZSS.

Last edited:

seoh

Smash Cadet
Agreed. T&C/BF/DL/ are all great stages. DH/FD are only slightly worse than these, Starterville worse than that, and Lylat by far the worst.

Top Bottom