• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Tournament: Pokemon Stadium 2 Vs. PictoChat

fortunArcanum

Smash Cadet
Why do so many people hate the tunes I love? 25m BGM, Powerhungry Fool, Credits (Super Smash Bros.), Humoresque of a Little Dog, etc...

BEST: SNOWMAN
WORST: Mother 3 Love Theme

I just cannot get into Mother 3 Love Theme.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Worst... ROUTE 209
NO! NO! NO! NO! WHY? WHY WHY? WHY? HOW? HOW? HOW? HOW?

Anyone who gets the reference gets... I dunno. A free smily of my choice?

Sigh... You people stink.

New Pork City.

Best: Porky's Theme.

Worst: Snowman. Mostly because I haven't listened to it past the first second of chorus. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Best: Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise
Worst: Humoresque of a Little Dog

AlexX

Smash Ace
Best: Snowman... Though I also love Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise, but I think I like Snowman just a little better.

Worst: Porky's Theme

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Sigh... Gyromite, Ricco Harbour, now Route 209... at least Midna's Lament didn't lose.

Best: You call this a Utopia?
- Again, one of my favourite songs. A catchier, bouncier version of Porky's Theme. Looks like I'm alone in this. Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Revenge is a close second, and Snowman isn't half bad either.
Worst: Humouresque of a Little Dog
- If I actually liked the song, I could see my way to ignoring that it doesn't fit in the least (like I do for Route 209).

Only a few more stages to go...

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
BEST: You Call This a Utopia?!
WORST: Mother 3 Love Theme

I've never liked battling to the Love Theme.
Humouresque is a great song >:O
So stop voting it the worst~

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Best: Humoresque of a Little Dog
Worst: Porky's Theme

What can I say? I really like all the music the stage has to offer, but... I really like Earthbound/MOTHER 2 the most out of the series. With that in mind Humoresque of a Little Dog is a pretty big nostalgia tune for me, and hey, that's a killer plus in a game like Smash Brothers!

As for the Worst choice, I really don't like Pokey, so hearing his theme kinda makes me angry. It's a blessing they gave me the opportunity to beat the living heck out of him with Ness, that's for sure.

Rebellion

Smash Rookie
Best : Mother 3 Love Theme & Humoresque of a Little Dog
Worst : You Call This a Utopia?!

I've always liked the Mother series, and like Terrabottuti, Humoresque is nostalgia, while Theme of Love is just... great. Pretty much even.

Rebellion

Smash Rookie
Hehe, I've had arguments with people and I will always staunchly defend the Mother series as having the best VG music ever. It's the only series to beat Kirby in terms of awesome music.
LoZ beats Kirby, IMO. Mother and LoZ are pretty much equal for me.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, I've had arguments with people and I will always staunchly defend the Mother series as having the best VG music ever. It's the only series to beat Kirby in terms of awesome music.
I totally agree with that comment. The Mother series on the whole has some excellent, beautiful musical work in it. Heck, I only said Porky's tune was bad because I just hate that kid, the music itself is still up there in terms of how good it is. There's lots of wonderful tunes in all the games, and I'll concede that I've actually cried to a few of them, like the melodies and such. The games and various official/fan soundtracks are wonderful listening experiences, it probably explains the visual simplicity of the games a bit.

Mind you on top of the Mother series being great, the Mario series always has some of the best and catchy video game tunes ever made, ever. The Zelda series has some wonderfully orchestrated stuff and some more classic tunes I'll never forget, and the Kirby series is also reliable for Dedede's awesome theme or just some good ol' jammin' of the cute or unusually dark variety of tunes. (Kinda like Mother on that part, lol)

Look, the best music really just comes from Nintendo. Except for maybe Sega... old Sega, at least.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Best: Snowman
Worse: You Call This a Utopia?!

Unfortunately, I don't like any of the music on this stage. But that's just me.

EDIT: While we're talking about this, I vote Kirby for the best VG music evar. Outstanding.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Best: Porky's Theme. Great Remix to a great boss I mean come on, this shouldn't be on the worst postion. D:

Worst: Humoresque of a Little Dog. That song made me sleepy. XD

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Results for New Pork City

Best... UNFOUNDED REVENGE/SMASHING SONG OF PRAISE
Worst... HUMORESQUE OF A LITTLE DOG

Today will be the Brawl stage with the fewest choices... Flat Zone 2. See first post for details.

Also, I would like to know if you people want to go through the Melee stages as well.

Top Bottom