• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Striking Against Sheik?

COB

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking about this matchup lately and can't decide how I feel about stages. I personally like Dreamland and hate Final Destination. What stages do you guys think are good/bad in this matchup? Try to offer experience/explanation so I know it is trustworthy information aha

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I would say the stages you most want to avoid are Yoshi's and FoD. The main reason for this is the small blast zones, mostly to the side. Sheik is usually going to kill peach with a fair or uair in my experience. Even though FoD has a high ceiling, it doesn't really help much. Pokemon stadium has a low ceiling but it is okay usually because there is enough room to space out grabs, the only way you should get up aired.

I don't feel like FD is a bad stage in this matchup. Usually I get longer combos on Sheik on this stage. I feel like platforms benefit Sheik more than peach really. They extend the reach of her needles too much. I can see myself being wrong on this but it definitely isn't a BAD a stage in the matchup. That's about all my thoughts.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
FD is not bad at all in this matchup, the lack of platforms hurts her more than you.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
I come from the school of thought that small stages are better for peach in general, you have hitboxes everywhere and they have very little room for mistakes. But my ground game needs a lot of work. So maybe if your footsies are good bigger stages become better options. Also just ban battlefield **** that top platform

Top Bottom