• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Song Lists - *Updated and Complete!*

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or do some of their choices make no sense at at all? Certain new stages have like eight songs, while the classic Melee stages in the same franchise have two? I mean, there's like sixteen Zelda songs in the game, and only TWO can play on Hyrule Temple?

The Mother thing annoys me even more. New Pork City has six of the eight mother songs, while Onett only gets two. This in itself wouldn't be so annoying, except some of the New Pork songs don't fit that stage AT ALL, and fit the Onett stage fine. (Snowman and the Mother 3 Love Theme, for example).

What were they thinking?
All Melee stages only play two or three songs. It's because the Brawl stages are the highlight this time, not the Melee stages. Of course they will get more songs. Melee stages have a whole selection of Melee songs to themselves anyway. So they were thinking the right way with that idea.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
But seriously ... Snowman on New Pork? It's a peaceful, "enchanted wonderland" kind of song. It's mood doesn't fit that stage at all.

I would have liked to see more customizability. At least the ability to put same franchise songs on all stages from that franchise. I was really looking forward to new songs on Onett. Ah, well ...

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
But seriously ... Snowman on New Pork? It's a peaceful, "enchanted wonderland" kind of song. It's mood doesn't fit that stage at all.

I would have liked to see more customizability. At least the ability to put same franchise songs on all stages from that franchise. I was really looking forward to new songs on Onett. Ah, well ...
I agree, but it is what it is. I've accepted it.

EDIT: On a side note, want proof that Sakurai and company didn't give a rip about Prime or Pikmin? The song choices heavily suggest this. Take a look:

Most of the Metroid Prime songs included were from the Menu/Screen selection. The only song that wasn't was Parasite Queen, which is a pretty worthless battle choice. So, why choose it? It was one of the first levels you encounter in Prime 1, within the first 10 minutes of the game. I guess you could count the Meta Ridley battle, too, but that was basically another remix of the other Ridley boss battle music.

For Pikmin, there are hardly any song selections from the actual game. Three of them are random songs from the commercials. Two more were, again, just the menu/selection screen song. One was the end of day song remixed, and another was just random environmental noises. Again, the only exception to this was the Forest of Hope...the first stage you encounter in Pikmin 1.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Congrats on the complete listing. It'll help me keep track of which music I need to get still.

PS: On a side note, can you notate which songs are default.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Very useful information. Thank you!
It is a shame that they didn't let you play every song for Menu so it doesn't get too old or gave more choices to the Melee stages though.

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
I agree, but it is what it is. I've accepted it.

EDIT: On a side note, want proof that Sakurai and company didn't give a rip about Prime or Pikmin? The song choices heavily suggest this. Take a look:

Most of the Metroid Prime songs included were from the Menu/Screen selection. The only song that wasn't was Parasite Queen, which is a pretty worthless battle choice. So, why choose it? It was one of the first levels you encounter in Prime 1, within the first 10 minutes of the game. I guess you could count the Meta Ridley battle, too, but that was basically another remix of the other Ridley boss battle music.

For Pikmin, there are hardly any song selections from the actual game. Three of them are random songs from the commercials. Two more were, again, just the menu/selection screen song. One was the end of day song remixed, and another was just random environmental noises. Again, the only exception to this was the Forest of Hope...the first stage you encounter in Pikmin 1.
Uh, so? We still got four songs from the Prime games (and the Parasite Queen song is good) and about seven from Pikmin. And I like AI no Uta a lot. I don't see how the fact that they chose menu songs is relevant to whether Sakurai cares about the series. The Metroid Prime menu/credits song is awesome anyway, maybe the best song in all of the Prime games. For me, the only notable Metroid music absence is Lower Norfair/Magmoor Caverns, which would have been much better than the Norfair mix they chose.

If Sakurai didn't care about the Metroid Prime series and Pikmin, we wouldn't have gotten a Metroid Prime stage, or a Pikmin character and stage, or a bunch of trophies for both.

BTW, where Zero Two on this list?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
If Sakurai didn't care about the Metroid Prime series and Pikmin, we wouldn't have gotten a Metroid Prime stage, or a Pikmin character and stage, or a bunch of trophies for both.
That's not true. Sakurai doesn't call all of the shots. There are people above him who can make him put things into the games whether or not he would want them in otherwise. I'm saying that a series that has brought in so much money for Nintendo (Prime) has so little rep in it, and the little rep that is in it is obvious that he had someone above him telling him to include that stuff. It's obvious he cares very little about it otherwise. Same goes for Pikmin. I'm convinced the only reason Olimar is in is because Miyamoto and Iwata made Sakurai do it.

fortunArcanum

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for posting this songlist. It has helped me to organise the Brawl soundtrack for my iTunes/iPod. However, as is inevitable, you have omitted one song. The song Space Battleground appears just above Break Through the Ice on the Lylat Cruise stage. It is a starting song so it will be there in your game.

Top Bottom