• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Can you guys tell me which background crystals you like more. After this Im going to finish the water and make a final version. The latter has better shading but the top has more variety in the colors.

I'd have to go with the top pic, mainly because they resemble the onstage crystals more.

DRGN

Technowizard
Can you guys tell me which background crystals you like more. After this Im going to finish the water and make a final version. The latter has better shading but the top has more variety in the colors.

Tough call. On the bottom they look more metallic. Which I guess they're supposed to be. So I'd say bottom pic.

Onstage crystals could be made to match (I'm guessing you're using a few shared structs for various groups?).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Second one looks better to me, I'm a fan of the shading

Anutim

Smash Apprentice

I like the top one more, but since it's the "metal cavern" I'd have to say the second one fits the best. There's something about the crystals on-stage that feels odd though.

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
yo zankyou, nice work !

I've been going into some problems with your new yoshi's story tho (taken from silly melee). It always lags a lot when someone dies. Do you have any idea what's causing that ? Will it be fixed (If it isn't already the case)

Besides that, I'd like to know if I'm the only one in this situation while using them on a wii. Oh and by the way, are your other stages lag-free ? I'd love to put'em in my version

UnclePunch

Smash Ace

I think you should release 2 versions, one with all the crystals, including on-stage ones, looking like this and call it metal cavern

then have one where all the crystals, including the background ones look like this, and call it crystal cavern

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I looked through the thread but never saw a link for the smash 4 wii u final destination, did I miss it?

D

Deleted member 269706

I looked through the thread but never saw a link for the smash 4 wii u final destination, did I miss it?
Pretty sure he's going to re-upload it when he gets around to uploading the rest of his stuff. Give it some time

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So I was looking through 20XX with DAT and noticed that this is already in the game, is this an operating copy? Also, I hit random and it took me to the metal caverns stage which I had never played on before, am I just blind and have never seen a way to play on metal caverns?
The file is the exact same as that download link, but there is no way to access it in-game. As far as metal cavern, that must have been from you replacing a battlefield stage with it or something. I don't think that metal cavern import had even been started when 4.05 was released.

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
So I was looking through 20XX with DAT and noticed that this is already in the game, is this an operating copy? Also, I hit random and it took me to the metal caverns stage which I had never played on before, am I just blind and have never seen a way to play on metal caverns?
In the 20XX thread if you search for "stage fix" you should find one of my posts that has an updated MnSlChr.USD that points to smash 4 FD along with some other fixed stages.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
In the 20XX thread if you search for "stage fix" you should find one of my posts that has an updated MnSlChr.USD that points to smash 4 FD along with some other fixed stages.
Wow, works great. Now I can fight my remastered Fox fighting on a smash 4 FD and it looks fantastic.

zankyou

Smash Lord
So I finally figured out the issue I was having as far as importing bones. Fixing it on the otherhand is a different story. I dont know how I got caught up for a month but Ill definitely release something soon.

Lhrocks44

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a current file for the Battlefield WiiU version? I really want it because it get rids of the jank ledges.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
You sure this works? I tried adding it to the 20XX 4.05 version and the file said it was too big when I tried importing the file. I changed the name to GrNBa.bat has a test, and it didn't work either
doesnt work in vanilla melee.
I pulled it out of 20XX 4.0.5. I'm not 100% sure but it should work in vanilla melee if you uncheck use game.toc when you rebuild. These are model hacks so they won't be the same size.

*Edit
yup, its in the OP

You have to rebuild your ISO and choose ignore TOC for these stages to work.

Last edited:

Agent7300

Smash Cadet
I pulled it out of 20XX 4.0.5. I'm not 100% sure but it should work in vanilla melee if you uncheck use game.toc when you rebuild. These are model hacks so they won't be the same size.

*Edit
yup, its in the OP
I cant do anything to the game.toc option, it is grayed out.

none of the links in the OP work, all i want is battlefield wii u because i have everything else. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

zankyou

Smash Lord
I cant do anything to the game.toc option, it is grayed out.
You have to check it before you load the iso or root folder.
One a side note heres the current wip of it. I really didnt realize its been so long since I promised an update. Ive been trying to fix a lot of little things in the imports that you guys wouldnt care about unless you knew what it was supposed to look like. Im considering just uploading the current wips but not updating the OP until they are completed.

Attachments

Lhrocks44

Smash Rookie
You have to check it before you load the iso or root folder.
One a side note heres the current wip of it. I really didnt realize its been so long since I promised an update. Ive been trying to fix a lot of little things in the imports that you guys wouldnt care about unless you knew what it was supposed to look like. Im considering just uploading the current wips but not updating the OP until they are completed.
So which file am I suppose to exactly replace using the one in the ZIP file? I don't see any other .rev6 files in the root folder

DRGN

Technowizard
Why not just use DTW to import the stages? It goes through the rebuild process for you if files are larger than the originals. Also, you then don't need to worry about the file name or extension.

Agent7300 Agent7300 , If you have multiple things that you want to post in succession, please just use one post. You can always use the edit button if you realize you have more to add.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
So I was trying to add Metal Mines and have it be selected on the third page from Kongo Jungle 64, but it loads Battlefield instead. I named Metal Mines GrNBa.kat, and then changed the two points, does anybody have a suggestion of what I did wrong?

Capture.PNG

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
So I was trying to add Metal Mines and have it be selected on the third page from Kongo Jungle 64, but it loads Battlefield instead. I named Metal Mines GrNBa.kat, and then changed the two points, does anybody have a suggestion of what I did wrong?

View attachment 113901
You should PM Achilles, this pertains to his custom code.

Agent7300

Smash Cadet
Why not just use DTW to import the stages? It goes through the rebuild process for you if files are larger than the originals. Also, you then don't need to worry about the file name or extension.

It doesnt work. DTW says the iso doesnt have enough space, and when i replace files with smaller files it still doesnt work

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
It doesnt work. DTW says the iso doesnt have enough space, and when i replace files with smaller files it still doesnt work
Can you provide more information?

I could be wrong, but I don't remember writing in an error message like that. What does it say exactly, or can you screenshot it? What file are you replacing, and with what? It will be at least a week or more til I can test it or look into it though, since I'm out of town.

Top Bottom