• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Expansion: Custom Stage 09 Always Freezes?

NotRealEric

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards Community, I am actually extremely new to this site. I've created this account because I'd really like to solve my issue with Project M. I recently downloaded Project M and fell in love with it immediately along with my college buddies. I can tell Project M is going to be that multiplayer game that we come back to, time and time again. When I discovered how customizable Project M was I immediately took advantage of the opportunity. I added custom music using Brawl Music Maker, and even added the 12 Stage Expansion to my Project M. Every single one of the custom stages in the 12 Stage Expansion pack initially worked. But recently when trying to adding a downloaded stage from the Brawl Vault into Custom Stage 09 it would freeze right when I would select that stage to be played on. My first time coming across this I figured I added a buggy STGCUSTOM09.pac file, so I went into Project M > pf > stage > melee to delete the STGCUSTOM09.pac (also deleted the st_custom09.rel for the stage) file hoping it would wipe away the freezing bug with hopes of adding a different stage into the section. Again I would try adding a stage into Custom Stage 09 and it would still continue to freeze. I have tried and tried and yet no matter what I do Custom Stage 09 always freezes regardless of if there is STGCUSTOM09.pac / st_custom09.rel files in my SD card. I love Project M, all my other Custom Stages work like a charm, but it's this little one that is ruining a pure Project M experience for me and my friends. If anyone knows how i could possibly fix this problem please let me know. From Smash Enthusiast to Smash Enthusiast, your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in Advanced. (I am using an SD card to play Project M):4mario:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Make sure the .rel file you are using is for the correct stage. Deleting it doesn't solve the problem as that file is required for the stage to work.

You can use this tool here to create a proper .rel for your stage. http://www.lakora.us/rel/ Select whatever the base stage is on the left side and STGCUSTOM on the right. Download it and rename the file to st_custom09. If you do this correctly, it should work.

NotRealEric

Smash Rookie
Make sure the .rel file you are using is for the correct stage. Deleting it doesn't solve the problem as that file is required for the stage to work.

You can use this tool here to create a proper .rel for your stage. http://www.lakora.us/rel/ Select whatever the base stage is on the left side and STGCUSTOM on the right. Download it and rename the file to st_custom09. If you do this correctly, it should work.
Thank you so much, you solved my issues two months ago. I'm sorry it took me so long to give you my thanks. Ever since then I've been using that tool to create proper .rel files. it works amazingly thanks.

Top Bottom