• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Master Of Blades

Smash Apprentice
The bottom of Mariana's trench. Come visit!
3DS FC
2123-0105-9733
If Sakurai decides to include representation for non-sonic Sega games (i'm not talking about characters) then I would LOVE Circus Park from Billy Hatcher as a stage. You can ride on tiny balloons as platforms as they slowly rift up, but other people can pop them. Although, if the do include a Billy Hatcher stage, it'll probably be Forest Village.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't know, Forest Village has never been represented in a crossover game before, only Pirates Island (Sonic Riders), Dino Mountain (Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing) and Blizzard Castle (multiple appearances) have as far as I'm aware. This makes Blizzard Castle the most likely but Circus Park would be fun I'm sure.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Two great Sonic stage ideas (NOT WINDY HILL >:I)

City Escape

The stage would start on the end of that slope you see there in the picture, it's got all of the buildings and the famous downward slope in the background, the players would fight for a while on that flat place (With drop-off construction ledges to the sides). After a minute or two, a loud truck horn's heard and the Mad Truck is seen coming down the street from the background, the BGM pausing for a moment and then turning into this track as the Truck just RAMS! over the battlefield, hitting the players who didn't jump and sending them flying to their death as it jumps off a ramp down the street, the Truck now becomes the main fighting platform as it runs down the street, the chainsaws from Modern City Escape coming out of the truck occassionally and hitting the players. After a minute or less, the truck finally crashes and the battlefield ends up being this plaza, with the truck's remains visible behind the players and the ARK visible up in the sky (Barely visible).

Planet Wisp

That picture up there's to reference the big evil machine that chains down the planet, the are where the fight takes place would be a little more stunning, like here. The evil machine would be visible in the background, sending a chain towards the sky, and during the fight, wisps levitate around the players and mess around in the grass. If a player manages to touch a white wisp, they will be covered in a rainbow-colored energy (Hyper Go-On) and their next attack will have increased knockback.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
City Escape is the only Sonic stage I want, not to mention it's one of the most iconic post-Genesis series highlights. No way they'd do something like Windy Hill Zone---oh wait

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Ok, I got an idea for a stage.
Make it sort of like a clock fact with 4 hands.
Every once in a while it rotates, but you stay on the same plane to fight on. This changes up the level layout.
So basically you go from Initial Layout > Second Layout > Initial Layout Reversed > Second Layout Reversed > Back to Initial Layout

I think this is a pretty unique idea, and of course the level design would be much more complicated than the example in my picture.
Only problem it, I can't think of a good universe or place to base this level around. I've thought of Clocktown from Majora's Mask, but you'd have to be fighting on it sideways and that would be weird.
Other ideas that do work are Tick Tock Clock or the clock area in Luigi's Mansion 2. It doesn't even have to be a clock. You could be fighting on some rotating flower petals or something.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I got an idea for a stage.
Make it sort of like a clock fact with 4 hands.
Every once in a while it rotates, but you stay on the same plane to fight on. This changes up the level layout.
So basically you go from Initial Layout > Second Layout > Initial Layout Reversed > Second Layout Reversed > Back to Initial Layout

I think this is a pretty unique idea, and of course the level design would be much more complicated than the example in my picture.
Only problem it, I can't think of a good universe or place to base this level around. I've thought of Clocktown from Majora's Mask, but you'd have to be fighting on it sideways and that would be weird.
Other ideas that do work are Tick Tock Clock or the clock area in Luigi's Mansion 2. It doesn't even have to be a clock. You could be fighting on some rotating flower petals or something.
If they plan on adding a Super Mario Sunshine stage again (which would be weird but possible) it could be that roulette area where you're throwing food into King Boo's mouth inside the hotel.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I just hope third-parties get a second stage this time. It'd be amazing to have like, Storm Eagle's Stage from Megaman X as a stage, and of course an actually important Sonic stage.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just hope third-parties get a second stage this time. It'd be amazing to have like, Storm Eagle's Stage from Megaman X as a stage, and of course an actually important Sonic stage.

between the two versions it is possible

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If a third Pokemon Stadium stage is made, it should probably cover the following types...

Steel, Dragon, Fighting, and Fairy.

Pokemon Cameos
[collapse=Steel]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Dragon]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Fighting]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Fairy]
[/collapse]

Spycic

Smash Rookie
Just had a thought; what if stage bosses appear periodically, and can be enabled/disabled via match settings?
It seems like a very likely possibility...

Sakurai stated that the Yellow Devil "jumps in from the background".

Spycic

Smash Rookie
i doubt it fire jumped out of the backround in Norfair but we were not able to turn it off in brawl
..Yet that was in Brawl :)

And I think it would probably get annoying if bosses jumped out when you didn't want them to.

Of course, it could just be a boss battle mode, with the bosses added to the normal stages.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Just had a thought; what if stage bosses appear periodically, and can be enabled/disabled via match settings?

Sakurai already said this won't happen.
Dr. Wily's Castle will suck. It's sad, but it's also time to get over it. There will be plenty of other stages.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Sakurai already said this won't happen.
Dr. Wily's Castle will suck. It's sad, but it's also time to get over it. There will be plenty of other stages.
It won't suck, it'll suck for people who don't like fun stages.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If we have a 3rd Pokemon stadium, I'd prefer the following:

[collapse=Psychic]
A purple and pink carpeted center with three floating platforms with giant eyes in the middle. The background would also have a purple haze effect.

The following Pokemon would appear:
Alakazam
Espeon
Sigilyph
Meowstic

At one point, Alakazam would Mega Evolve.[/collapse]

[collapse=Dark]
A dark and worn-down stage littered with most and fog. Creepy trees and hanging lanterns dot the landscape. On occasion, lightning will flash and suddenly go pitch dark.

The following Pokemon would appear:
Houndoom
Umbreon
Bisharp
Malamar

Houndoom would a Mega Evolve at some point.[/collapse]

[collapse= Bug]
It would have a lot of bushes and trees which obscures the players view of the character at times.

The pokemon that would appear would be:
Metapod
Heracross
Combee
Volcarona

Heracross will Mega Evolve at some point.[/collapse]

[collapse=Fairy]
It will have pink bubbles floating with stages wrapped in candy cane paper. It's very pink.

The pokemon that would appear:

Mawile
Snabull
Flabebe
Sylveon

Maw ole would Mega Evolve at some point.[/collapse]

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I have to side with Venus. Psychic is a cool type with a lot of early significance, nicely counterbalancing the modern nature of fairy, while steel always seemed like a terrible addition to me. I mean really, what did it have? A reskinned Scyther and a worse version of Crystal Onyx?
As for Dragon, the pokemon were good and I do love dragons but it never seemed to warrant being a distinct element. Nor does bug, really, but atleast bug has a variety of forms to it.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
You know, if we had a Stage based on the Pokepark games on Wii, we'd have an excuse to get all those great peaceful tracks from the Pokemon games that would be unfitting in other stages.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I have some ideas for Pokemon stages that I think will be well liked.

For Wii U:

Gateway Colosseum

It's the perfect location for a "Pokemon Stadium"-esque stage for the console version. The view of Poketopia in the background is very memorable. This one doesn't undergo any transformations, but there is water at the sides, and occasionally Water pokemon such as Wailord or Gyarados will appear.

Sample music tracks:
Pokemon Battle Revolution - Gateway Colosseum
Pokemon Battle Revolution - Sunset Colosseum
Pokemon Colosseum - Normal Battle
Pokemon Stadium - Mewtwo Battle

Pokéfloats 2

It's about time for a new Pokefloats stage considering there are not many notable locations for console Pokemon games. Just borrow Gamefreak's character models for Pokemon X and Y, and you're good to go.

For 3DS:

Pokemon World Tournament

The perfect location for a Pokemon Stadium-esque stage for the 3DS version. Rather than transforming to represent types, the transformations represent each of the six regions seen in the main pokemon franchise like so:

Kanto - Viridian Forest: Filled with trees with Kakuna and Metapod hanging around by strings. If you hit a Metapod with an attack, Butterfrees will emerge and spread Sleep Powder everywhere. If you hit a Kakuna with an attack, a swarm of Beedrill will fill the screen.
Johto - Ruins of Alph: Filled with breakable rocks and stone tablets written in "Unown" font. Unown may fly around and use Hidden Power when hit by an attack.
Hoenn - Sootopolis City: Water in the center of the arena with steep rock walls on the sides to represent the crater. Gyarados and deep sea Pokemon may emerge to attack the sides of the stage.
Sinnoh - Mt. Coronet: Not like the Brawl stage. It's just an icy mountain top with hail this time around.
Unova - Chargestone Cave: You can knock the floating magnetized stones into your opponents for damage.
Kalos - Lumiose City: Fight on the rooftops of Lumiose City with Prism Tower in the background

Sample music tracks:
Pokemon Black 2/White 2 - Pokemon World Tournament Finals
Pokemon Black 2/White 2 - Rival Hugh Battle
Pokemon Black 2/White 2 - Colress Battle
Pokemon Black/White - Gym Leader Battle
Pokemon Platinum - Champion Cynthia Battle
Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green - Champion Battle

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but what do you think the Ice Climbers stage will be for this game? Melee had Icicle Mountain and Brawl had Summit, so obviously it should be ice themed (wow that was a stupid thing for me to say).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but what do you think the Ice Climbers stage will be for this game? Melee had Icicle Mountain and Brawl had Summit, so obviously it should be ice themed (wow that was a stupid thing for me to say).
My personal hope is inspired by their original game with faux 8-bit graphics like their Melee target stage, or 75mm/Mario Bros. in Brawl (but actually good)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Stage Name: Victory Garden

Origins: Pokemon Black/White

Stage Size: As big as Delfino Plaza when the main platform lands in main square.

Stage Platforms: None. It's a flat stage, like Final Destination, but with water at each side.

Stage Hazards: None

Stage Eye Candy: In the background, Liberty Tower resides while some Pokemon frolic or watch the battle in the background, including Lillipup, Watchog, Purrloin, and all three pan monkies.

Description: A simple design built for competitive play. Mostly fun to play in because of it's simplicity (IMO). It's basically a redesign of Delfino Plaza. - Main Square.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
If any stage were to make a return it should be ssb64's Saffron City especially the part when charmander screams his name with no remorse

CHARMANDER!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

No it doesn't. It would be incredibly far away from Sakurai's mentality.
And also wouldn't make sense.

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Stadium 3 sounds awesome, especially with new pokemon types- personally I'd be okay with ANY of the unused ones, but I think my favorite lineup would be :

psychic- Munna, Spoink, Starmie, and Medicham inhabit it with a velvety curtained frame and crystal ball podium in the center (think inside of Genie's bottle sort of look) and platforms are levitated by the Psychic-type pokemon in the background.

ghost- graveyard with an eerie smog, where Litwicks and Lampents provide dim lighting, and Haunter, Sableye, and Misdreavous pop out to spook fighters

fighting- a dojo with wood floors, and wooden spokes/targets for practicing. Fighting-type pokemon like Mienfoo, Croagunk, and Hitmontop are sparring and hitting targets

fairy- An irridescent, sparkly moon-like terrain, yet with a mist that creates a rainbow. Igglybuffs bounce around while Sylveon floatily leaps around, Carbink hovers, and Flabebe's and Cottonee's gently blow by

I also think as far as Pokemon stages go, having a stage inside a Pokemon Center would be super cool. That way you could have any random pokemon coming & going in the background, and it would make sense to have them pop in as stage hazards like the original n64 level, Saffron City.
I found this awesome picture to provide somewhat of an example:

^^^^^ Anyone know how I can just place an image in with the text, instead of making an attachment? ^^^^^^

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I swear every time someone is saying "I don't understand what this stage is guys could be something new" it's always always ALWAYS Battlefield.

Top Bottom