• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stage counterpicks on snake??

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
In order:
1. Rainbow Cruise
2. Corneria
3. Pirate Ship

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
jungle japes is a bad idea because it has one of the highest ceilings in the game (3rd, if im not mistaken). this gets in the way of one of your key killing moves, the d-smash. it also doesnt provide much advantage to G-dub's lightness as Snake seems to kill horizontally more often than vertical (unless a C4 kill or u-tilt).

Lotsa_Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
speaking of ceilings, Corneria has one of the loweset ceilings in the game. Be careful when counterpicking it against a snake, even though you can bucket the arwing and great foxes lasers, Snake's u tilt can kill you ridiculously early on Corneria. so watch out.

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
in my experience, snake definitely kills vertically
really? i guess im thinking that i get killed by his ftilt, jab, or n-air most frequently, also the occasional dash attack. i really really try to avoid u-tilts, which is the only one i can think of dying from vertically.

Neb

Smash Lord
brinstar.......trust me...
Really?
Snake boards claim they own at that stage, with explosive set-ups, along with dthrow infinite's. But I can see how the lava could really screw with him.
_______
And Jungle Japes is actually a descent counter pick.
With a constantly momentum changing-scroll stage, Snake doesn't have the crucial time needed to set-up camp with his weaponry. Plus he's slow, and Mortar Slide is not gonna spread mechanical wings any time soon.

Uair can Star KO easy if your under him while he jumps, or if he's using his Cypher. And just the fact that the field has like a billion platforms you can approach from under makes it just as solid as Rainbow Cruise, plus dsmash ***** with or without sweetspot.

Chivio

Smash Rookie
Norfair? That's what I usually counterpick to.. Just cause there's not enough groundspace for snake to be completely overwhelming, and parachute can evade the wave.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Rainbow Cruise is always good.

BTL, remember it isn't all about the stage, if you are having trouble with snake check out our matchups thread (have we done snake?) and go by the snake boards and see how they handle GaW (have they done GaW)

Point is, most of the stages mentioned will give you the advantage, make sure that the snake can't topple this advantage, that is as important, probably moreso, than the stage.

Top Bottom