• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Choice

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
*DISCLAIMER* I know this stagelist isn't universally accepted, and I personally don't agree with Pilotwings or Skyloft. I'm just using this stagelist for reference here:
Starters:
  • BF
  • FD/Omegas
  • Town and City
  • Smashville
  • Lylat Cruise
Counterpicks
  • PS2
  • Skyloft
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Pilotwings
So, just going by this list, I actually think BF might be his best stage. Neutral stage, but his SH Knee covers the side platforms and FH Knee covers the top platform iirc. I've pulled off the former on people in tournament, its a great kill set up.

I'm curious what you guys think about more MU specific stage choice, personally I think that Falcon wants platforms in most of his matchups and also wants something to wall jump off of.

rahsosprout

Smash Apprentice
for some reason i keep killing myself on lylat. maybe i just suck. i had the same issue in brawl. as a wolf main, i always struck that stage.

also on bf, running off a platform and immediately doing knee lands the sweetspot right next to the ground so you can hit short characters like jigglypuff and pikachu. not spammable cuz there's a ton of landing lag, but it will definitely catch them by surprise the first time.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Every stage with Platforms is great for Falcon, at least that's according to my experience. I always use platforms to mix approaches, feint and confuse my opponent with my movement. On FD and other flat stages I feel that every matchup against characters with at least one projectile move becomes harder.

Also against the considered strongest characters in the game right now, Rosalina and Diddy as an example, you desperately need platforms to easier get around Luma, Bananas and Peanuts and it benefits your follow ups and frametrapping tactics as well.

TL:DR!
I love myself some platforms!

Lionman

Smash Champion
I find Brawl stages great for Falcon, Lylat is a great choice for Falcon if you are careful with the stupid ledges, Most of the counterpicks are annoying and i try to avoid them, specially against hard match ups like Diddy.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Falcon and platforms OTP, for me. Mixing up your approaches is always a good idea, and platforms let you do that, even temporary ones like Town & City.

Captain Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nacholovr
3DS FC
1848-1848-8415
Battlefield is definitely my favorite stage to use Falcon on. Omega variant stages are decent for use with him, but stages similar in design to battlefield are where i find that Falcon really excels

Top Bottom