• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Builders

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
This is the Spiked Box, you can fall through, or be spiked through the platform, but other then that its pretty much the same as the Box only with spikes!
this one's great for staminabattles, but i wouldn't play it in a normal 1v1. still a good idea ^_~

Coselm

Smash Ace
The closed box idea would be so fun... you could only play coin and point matches though, no time or stock. Imagine flying everywhere in that box though... mayhem...

Here are a few of my stage ideas that I posted in a different thread a while ago.

This is similar to the Box idea, except it's actually playable.

And I think this stage would be wild for a free for all...

pud22

Smash Apprentice
has any1 thought of makin mayb like a ninja warrior stage where there are alot of obstacles to go through before u actually get to a solid platform to fight on? and i wonder if they will allow u to shift gravity (like in mario galaxy)?

The closed box idea would be so fun... you could only play coin and point matches though, no time or stock. Imagine flying everywhere in that box though... mayhem...

Here are a few of my stage ideas that I posted in a different thread a while ago.

i luv ur tech stage idea!!

Krell

Smash Journeyman

I love that second stage, there. Great idea, you should definitely make it and submit it when the game is out.

Of course, none of the stages any of us have suggested have a very serious atmosphere. Just fun and games goof off stages. That isn't a bad thing, though.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
my idea is like a cage match, the top is open so that people can get KO'd and i would call it Cage Match

alan8tor

Smash Rookie
i think...

i actually will try to base my stages off the original from the first one

Stelfe

Smash Apprentice
I would make a stage that's a box thing like the stage for Lugi's target test, and I'd make all of the floors, walls, and ceiling lined with flippers. There is only a small hole at the side for you to be KO'd.

courte

Smash Lord
this w0uld be great for knuckles... in chaotix.. a perfect match in my opinion

Chari

Smash Apprentice
This whole create your own stage thing is just too awesome. It's cool that Sakurai put this on there so we could make some weird stage of some sort. I don't know what stage I'll create but it will be weird. lolz

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
i would recreate the first level from the original donkey kong game, that would be sweet, and it's possible

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
of course stage builder is going to make brawl better. can you put the stage out for internet play???

get sd card, copy your stage onto it, put it on computer, have the smash community make a site dedicated to uploading and downloading maps.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
I had an idea.

Remember Battlefield from Melee?

Well flip it upside down.

Where the bottom platforms (the 3 that used to be on top) are not passable, and the top one (the long one that used to be the bottom) is passable.
Thats been said in a post completely dedicated to that

teamrocketspy621

Smash Cadet
I'd make Mario. No kidding. It's simple, really. I'd recreate an 8-bit sprite of Mario jumping, no mushroom, just normal, to fit in the Stage Builder.

Heck, with all the possibilities, the Stage Builder could be a new video game art medium, like Animal Crossing patterns or the faces of Miis.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Can you really do that!?!
The only reason you couldn't would be Nintendo going out of their way to keep you from doing it, just like with VC games/save files. I see no reason why they would consider Brawl levels as needing the same kind of protection, but you never know.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I love how nobody reads the earlier posts explaining that we ALL had the idea for a Luigi Target Test stage.
Come on people.

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
------------------------ -------------------------
_________________ _________________
l l
l l
l l
l l
l^^^^^^^^l
l__________ l
------ = Treadmil
^ = Spikes
l
l = walls
l
___ = unable to walk on/get on (blocked off)

Cheezball

Smash Ace
There should be a "fake wall" You fall through, kind of like a trap and it looks like a wall, but brighter than normal. I would make a level just like a TV. You could battle on top of the TV by jump up to a ladder and climbing through a fake wall and battle up on top. I think this idea would be funny. Its like watching a movie on your TV, but when the fighting gets serious, they come out and battle on top of your TV. How fun would that be? :chuckle: I did not post a picture, well, because I generally do not have the patients. I will post one now I guess though since you want me to. Sorry, you will need to click on it for a better view. I did this in a very short time. The time consuming thing was IMAGE SHACK- Dun dun DUUUUN!

Light Gray- Scenary
Gray- fake walls
Black-Walls

Polar_Bear

Smash Rookie
I was thinking about making "mini-game" stages. Obviously no CPUs can play, because the players make up the rules.

Like, you would have two towers of destructable blocks on opposite ends of a straight line. You would play four-player team battle, with two people on each team. Each team would have an "attacker", a "defender", and one of the block towers. The attacker would go to the other teams tower and try to knock it down, and the defender would try to stop the other team's attacker from destroying their tower. The team who destroys the other team's tower wins.

Or, you would create a flat stage with a square on the floor in the middle. You would turn on Mr. Saturns on Very High. (Or the "confirmed" Soccer Balls) The goal would be to try to get as many Mr. Saturns (or Soccer Balls) onto the other persons side as possible. (The square would both act as marker to seperate the sides and as a barrier to prevent Mr. Saturns from walking to the other persons side) The only problem would be counting how many Mr. Saturns/ Soccer Balls are on each side.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
There should be a "fake wall" You fall through, kind of like a trap and it looks like a wall, but brighter than normal. I would make a level just like a TV. You could battle on top of the TV by jump up to a ladder and climbing through a fake wall and battle up on top. I think this idea would be funny. Its like watching a movie on your TV, but when the fighting gets serious, they come out and battle on top of your TV. How fun would that be? :chuckle: I did not post a picture, well, because I generally do not have the patients. I will post one now I guess though since you want me to. Sorry, you will need to click on it for a better view. I did this in a very short time. The time consuming thing was IMAGE SHACK- Dun dun DUUUUN!

Light Gray- Scenary
Gray- fake walls
Black-Walls
That's actually pretty cool, but we might not be able to make 'go-throughable' walls. :urg:
I hope we can, though!

^^ Quick little simplistic stage I thought of off the top of my head.

Wow. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Good job! :)

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I was thinking about making "mini-game" stages. Obviously no CPUs can play, because the players make up the rules.

Like, you would have two towers of destructable blocks on opposite ends of a straight line. You would play four-player team battle, with two people on each team. Each team would have an "attacker", a "defender", and one of the block towers. The attacker would go to the other teams tower and try to knock it down, and the defender would try to stop the other team's attacker from destroying their tower. The team who destroys the other team's tower wins.

Or, you would create a flat stage with a square on the floor in the middle. You would turn on Mr. Saturns on Very High. (Or the "confirmed" Soccer Balls) The goal would be to try to get as many Mr. Saturns (or Soccer Balls) onto the other persons side as possible. (The square would both act as marker to seperate the sides and as a barrier to prevent Mr. Saturns from walking to the other persons side) The only problem would be counting how many Mr. Saturns/ Soccer Balls are on each side.
This was an idea of mine since stage builder was anounced. I will also create events and maybe an adventure (dorky, yes: fun, YES!).

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm using graph paper currently to design stages to build when I get Brawl. I am searching the web for arenas based on other games (8 and 16 bit mostly, Mega Man games IMO had the best arenas I tell you what) as well as original ones that are about me.

supa*

Smash Cadet
I had an idea.

Remember Battlefield from Melee?

Well flip it upside down.

Where the bottom platforms (the 3 that used to be on top) are not passable, and the top one (the long one that used to be the bottom) is passable.
3 fall through platforms under a solid one? I strangely like the idea. :p

One of the best things one could do with the stagebuilder would be to design famous scenes from games, or just famous things.

Heck, I'd have fun fighting on an 8-bit Mario :p.

Top Bottom