• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builders Guide by nicholigh

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
I'd like to finally share the first portion of my Stage Builders Guide with you guys! New sections will be added every Friday. The whole thing is finished, but posting it to the site that I'm using takes time, and post size limitations keep me from putting it all in one post, so it will be in pieces. The link I'm sharing at the bottom of this post is called the Appendix, where each section and sub-section will be listed, along with the link to that particular section; the actual guide is contained in the links found in this Appendix. Since each section is full of so much information, I will only post one a week, to allow people to actually have time to digest and utilize the information contained in the guide but I wanted to post a few sections right of the bat to satiate the stronger interest in the beginning.

Take a look, and let me know if you find this helpful! If you don't mind, limit comments to only what's been posted, because many of your questions will probably be answered in later sections.

Please enjoy!!!

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nicholighkun/20150605/1433520594

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Hope you guys enjoy this massive undertaking!

Last edited:

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Just last night during play I noticed something new, that lead to a new section in the guide (section (Z). I found that a Hothead will be eaten by the blast zone, if it is making its way around a structure that goes all the way to the BZ. In testing I realized that bringing the edges at least 2 blocks in keeps it from getting eaten, and it's the same whether the Hothead is charged or not. I've tested for the Bombchu and it's the same as the Hothead, except that you only need to be one block away from the BZ.

This new section will be information on how items interact with the custom stages. Since I have been typically playing with the items off, I have a lot of catching up to do.

If you'd like to contribute to this guide for this section, (or any section that has already been released), then please give as much CONCISE info as you have on what you are sharing, and please include your miiverse account link, or the name by which you would like to be referenced in the guide.
Thanks in advance to those who contribute to this vast project!

PS I went ahead and posted Part III - Sections D-F!

Last edited:

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Just bumping the thread so more people can see it.

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
If you guys care to help, then commenting on this thread will bump it back to the top of the list, keeping it from disappearing from sight!
: D

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Part IV of my Stage Builders Guide is now up. As a reminder, the link below is to the Appendix, where the sections of each part are merely listed, the actual guide can be found by clicking the links under each Part in the Appendix.

Also, don't forget that by posting comments here on the Smashboards, this thread will get bumped back up to the top of the list, allowing more people to potentially see it. If you like this, and or find it informative, please share it with your friends!

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Part V is live!

As a reminder, the link below is just to the appendix; click on the link in each Part of the Appendix to go to the actual guide! At the bottom of the Appendix is information about new additions to the old Parts. And don't forget that posting comments in this thread will bump it to the top of the list to allow it to be seen by more people! If you find this helpful, let me know! I'd love to hear from you guys.

Last edited:

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
The last two Parts (VI and VII) of my Stage builders Guide are now up! This will do it for the guide as of today, but new additions may pop up from time to time, so check the very end of the Appendix for information and dates on the new additions!

Reminder, the link below is just the Appendix; the actual guide is contained in the links found after the header of each Part within the Appendix.

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
Lots of changes and a few new additions to the guide! Including the very fun Grapple Point for all characters with a tether recovery! If you don't already know, this link is just to the appendix. The actual guide is broken up into sections and linked to in the Appendix, for ease of finding what you want. I HIGHLY recommend that you check out the section on the Grapple Point, it is a ton of fun to play with.

_gold_

Smash Master
It's a breath of fresh air whenever I actually see stages with potential, rather then the ridiculous concoctions that some people share online. Just so you know, I follow your's and @FoxMcLovin's work, and I appreciate the guide.

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
I really appreciate that man. This stuff takes a ton of work, and gets very little support from the community other than a dedicated few (a very small minority) so hearing encouraging words really stands out and helps to encourage a continued dedication to the editor. Thank you CrisperGOLD.

nicholigh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nicholigh
I've added some detailed information about the Grapple points. It's a much more versatile gimmick than I originally thought. See the 8-22-15 entry under the New Additions section at the end of the Appendix for details.

As a reminder, this link is just for the Appendix. The actual guide is contained in the links at the beginning of each of the Part descriptions in the Appendix.

Top Bottom