• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder - Now better than ever!

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Well, going by your original sketch, it looks like the majority of the pillar is just one big block with a cavern at the top. You could possibly hollow out some of the lower levels and have some falling blocks lead down there, possibly to death. Of course, this is all assuming the falling blocks return, as I don't believe they've been confirmed as of yet.
Yeah I was thinking of, say, two more lower floors and perhaps the middle hollow to the blast zone

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
One thing I'm worried about is color, patterns are nice, but how do we make anything look like anything if we can't draw with color?

One thing I'm worried about is color, patterns are nice, but how do we make anything look like anything if we can't draw with color?
I'm kind of worried about that too.I'm really hoping there's some interesting stuff to unlock that will help with that. If these stages are any indication we can do a lot with what is already there.

It won't look perfect, but in the right hands people can do some amazing things with it.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
This Stage Builder seriously exceeded my expectations. Check this out:

The blast zones are visible in the top picture... and walls were drawn past them. WALKOFF STAGES.
I know right? It's so much more than I was expecting!
However, something that confuses me. I thought the middle square in the top picture was the stage itself, and the outer one was the die zone. But in the bottom we can see the whole thing, all the way to the die zones...?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I know right? It's so much more than I was expecting!
However, something that confuses me. I thought the middle square in the top picture was the stage itself, and the outer one was the die zone. But in the bottom we can see the whole thing, all the way to the die zones...?
Think of some stages like the Bridge of Eldin, they continue all the way to the blast zone even if we don't see that piece of platform.

KirbySS44

Smash Cadet
Stage Builder in Brawl was the most fun for me. I would create many different stages and make up mini stories for each one, I hope to re-create some of my Brawl stages.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I love the new stage builder! Although I do wish the drag/drop brawl style stage builder was still an option. No way in hell I can free-hand Saffron City 64 stage.

I love the new stage builder! Although I do wish the drag/drop brawl style stage builder was still an option. No way in hell I can free-hand Saffron City 64 stage.
There is a grid option. Basically you can make perfect squares along the grid if you want to be anal about it (lord knows I am)

SuperFroakie64DS

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5413-0108-4829
Switch FC
SW 8210-4561-8728
Here's a stage idea I made. I might do this before I remake the 3DS stages.

Black = Ground Red = Danger Zone Orange+Arrow = Drop down block

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I'm hoping there will be other kinds of stage elements we can place other than the barrels and moving platforms... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they bring back conveyor belts and spikes (I know, they have that magma floor, but SPIKES!).

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
By Danger Zone are you guys talking about the lava? Because unless Danger Zones are unlockable, there are none.

I'm increasingly disappointed in this stage builder.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Why? its infinitely better than brawls
There isn't as much customization as I wanted, no colors to work with as you're still regulated to generic patterns, no obstacles besides lava and barrels, a lot of options from Brawl have been taken away (Windmill platforms, spikes, ice blocks, falling blocks), and the PR told GameXplain that they don't know about any unlockable options.

Sure it's better than Brawl's, but that's not saying much.

MotivatedDeer

Smash Rookie
Wow, a groundbreaking feature that allows you to create a stage by DRAWING in a FIGHTING game. Truly a revolutionary addition to the game that should have the up-most respect and attention it deserves.

I'm going to make a **** map. Can't resist.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
During the times when I was a more casual but still sort of competitive player, I loved the stage builder. Ever since the days of hacking brawl for as much custom parts as I want wherever I want on a stage, I've been making a lot (until Project M came along).

I was so pumped to see Custom Stage Builder get this much of an upgrade. Draw the stages and see what you can make, casual or competitive. Stage builder is going to be amazing!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
My concern with the stage builder is that there seems to be less props. Are there falling blocks in this (the ones you stand on that falls)? I'm happy to see we can draw out our terrain and map out how the moving platforms go, that's a nice huge improvement!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
In Brawl, many of the custom stages I made (and I made a ton) were made explicitly because a piece of music was in the game.

"Oh, Stickerbush Symphony is in the game? Well, I have to make a Bramble Scramble stage now."

So, I'm super excited to see what music is in the game, as that's going to be a huge source of inspiration. (I also hope we can attach multiple songs to a single stage, but I doubt that will happen.)

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if 8 player Smash will be supported for custom stages?

If I can have 8 player Smash on a huge box stage...that would truly make this game 1 billion times more enjoyable. I mean think of a box match at a party with 8 people at once...THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Does anyone know if 8 player Smash will be supported for custom stages?

If I can have 8 player Smash on a huge box stage...that would truly make this game 1 billion times more enjoyable. I mean think of a box match at a party with 8 people at once...THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.
Pretty sure you can for the large custom stages, because a NoA rep (Go Nate!) said that the large custom stages were on par with Palutena's Temple in regards to size.

Naoshi

Stage Builder stages better be playable online with friends or this feature is somewhat a disappointment again! Sakurai pls!

Last edited:

Naoshi

Would be nice if the stage builder had decorations like walls and whatnot

MMPU had that kind of thing with walls and it added to the variety of building stages.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So, I'm just curious, does anybody have clear pictures or images of all the different platform types and backgrounds? I've seen the dirt, grass, rocks, and wood platforms. I just want to know my limitations before I let my imagination run wild. Don't wanna overhype about a The Wonderful 101 stage and then find out I can't make it like I imagined:p.

Last edited:
So, I'm just curious, does anybody have clear pictures or images of all the different platform types and backgrounds? I've seen the dirt, grass, rocks, and wood platforms. I just want to know my limitations before I let my imagination run wild. Don't wanna overhype about a The Wonderful 101 stage and then find out I can't make it like I imagined:p.
Not sure, but by now there must be plenty of videos showing off this mode in all it's glory.

Nope, The Danger Zone is the red substance in The Great Cave Offensive that KO's anyone over %100, from what I've heard the lave is just generic lava.

It looks pretty similar to me. I think there may be two variations, the more realistic one in the custom stage and the upper portion of the Great Cave Offensive, And the spiky pattern on the checker pattern area of the GCO stage. The latter seems to be from straight strips, while the first is for curves and non-straight surfaces. Needless to say, they're both Danger Zones.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I just want to say, I'm fairly confident that there will be unlockable parts. Brawl did it, so I don't see why this one won't, too. Plus, it's just more stuff to unlock, and unlocking stuff is fun!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Ice better be unlockable. You can't add lava and take away ice; that's one step forward and another step back.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

It looks pretty similar to me. I think there may be two variations, the more realistic one in the custom stage and the upper portion of the Great Cave Offensive, And the spiky pattern on the checker pattern area of the GCO stage. The latter seems to be from straight strips, while the first is for curves and non-straight surfaces. Needless to say, they're both Danger Zones.
This video shows Fox getting knocked into the lava after 100% without getting KOd:

Top Bottom