• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage advantages?

nightSN

Smash Ace
does lucario have any stage advantages that would go as a counter pick against maybe the majority of the cast?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
There was a post on it (I have it in the List of useful links thread) but it died a while ago =S There may still be some good info in there though.

Kappie

Smash Apprentice
Luigi's Mansion and Jungle Japes mostly. And Final Destination (not against campers).

hough123

Smash Ace
Weegee's Mansion- For the ability to live longer, and Extreme Awesome is nice.
Frigate Orpheon- Gimps some of the cast on occasion with it's ledgeless side.
Green Greens- I like this stage, idk why.

Browny

Smash Hater
search is good. this has been discussed multiple times. also there is a thread going on in the stage discussion boards about character advantageous stages... might wanna get a list for them. although tbh its so incredibly subjective i dont see anyone agreeing on anything there

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Howz about someone makes a thread on a weekly stage discussion?
We should.

Yeah there have been other threads like this. Anyways I love playing Lucario on battlefield and smashville because the platforms are just right for an u-tilt or u-smash, and the fact that they are just simple stages. I also like playing lucario on Frigate Orpheon and Castle Siege. Those are just my personal favorites.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Another good stage that is fairly situational is Rainbow Cruise. Since it keeps moving, it forces both you and your opponent to rely pretty heavily on your air games. Lucario's air game is better than most characters, so he generally has an advantage (especially vs. Snake).

Rainbow Cruise is a good counterpick vs:

Snake
Olimar
Link
Wolf
Ganon (poor ganon)
Ice Climbers
Ike
its okay vs Rob

and any other character with either a bad aerial game or bad recovery.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Another good stage that is fairly situational is Rainbow Cruise. Since it keeps moving, it forces both you and your opponent to rely pretty heavily on your air games. Lucario's air game is better than most characters, so he generally has an advantage (especially vs. Snake).

Rainbow Cruise is a good counterpick vs:

Snake
Olimar
Link
Wolf
Ganon (poor ganon)
Ice Climbers
Ike
its okay vs Rob

and any other character with either a bad aerial game or bad recovery.
True. Good point. A problem arises, though, when someone who can gimp well against you punishes you for having an up b that isn't an attack. I know, I know, ES is really fast but still, it shouldn't be that hard to gimp if the gimping character is good.

But thats a good point I never really thought about that. You could add DK and Bowser to that list since their vertical recovery is balls.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
All links love Rainbows. Its a proven fact. Because behind every rainbow, is a fairy cave.
Wait is this only a joke or does link seriously do well on this stage?

I mean, I know thats a joke but is it also serious with the fact that he's good on it?

Anyways...back on topic...

Top Bottom