• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
Flux Wolf, I accept your mm challenge, lets say my sheik against your whatever.
Sparrow, how bout another mm sheik vs. Samus?
Croudo you as well?
Oh well why not 56k as well
but not Aaron.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Lol @ "not Aaron"

Sure Nomek I'll mm you. $1, my Falco vs your Sheik?

Anyone else up for money matches vs my Falco? All $1, best of 3.

Aaron, if you're up for it I'll mm your Roy or your YLink for a dollar. :colorful:

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
56k I want to MM your falco again vs my fox k?

My MM's up to date:

JS - DK vs Fox

Croudo - Fox Ditto

Nomek - Shiek vs ???

56k - Falco vs Fox (when confirmed.)

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I just found out that I should be on time now...

Anyway, MoMD, we never had our mm. Want to have a $1 dollar one this time? Fox vs Ganon?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Master: I'll mm your Marth. I haven't really fought a good Marth lately.
Flux: mm accepted.

Current MMs
Nomek: $1 Falco v Sheik
Aaron: $1 Falco v Roy
Master: $1 Falco v Marth
Flux: $1 Falco v Fox

James Sparrow

Smash Master
If you guys are interested, I'd highly suggest checking out the forum that flux created (today?) exclusively for MN smashers. It would be cool not to have to cram everything into the crowded MW boards and would be handy for random things like videos we take (still working on the crew video and when it's done i'll be posting it there). The URL is http://z6.invisionfree.com/MNSmash/index.php?act=idx

check it out.

edit: i'll be posting the links to the crew videos tonight on that forum. go sign up.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm signed up.

I've decided that Roy is my Secondary. :grin: He's my second-best behind Falco. My Roy only lost once today. Maybe I should actually learn how to play Roy instead of improvising >_>

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* 56k. Roy is your secondary? I'm not sure I can believe that you just picked him up the other day and he is already better overall than all of your characters except for falco. He can't be. Maybe your friend just doesn't do well vs. the random chars you pick.

Anyway...'k the marth vs. falco is on.

Sparrow - shall we team then?

SDM - $1 mm? my marth/fox/falco vs. your peach?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
That could be true...maybe they're not used to playing against Roy.

My Roy did better than my Samus and Peach though, which really amazes me. One of the guys I Smash with is the highly aggressive type which might explain why my Roy does so well against him. I'm a really patient player that waits for my opponents to make a move (unless I'm Falco.)

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Once again, I have a conflict with this tourney date, it's spring break and I'm going to Chicago with my roommate. Should be fun. I swear I'll make it to another tourney sometime here, but no promises since I'm taking 16 credits this semester. Pretty sweet MN-only forums though, nice work.

Edit: Check my sweet poll in the MN smash forum.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Thanks for joining Darkroom, and keep it up guys it would be great if we could get everyone to join the forum. And the crew vids are up in the 1v1 section so join up and see!

Also I will take 1 more mm.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Sure 56K, I'll team with ya. We've done alright together.

Mastr/Aaro, MM?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Still lots of people who haven't joined the MN Forum site, we are really encouraging you to do so if you haven't. As of now it is running even more moist than I thought it would, topics are being posted, seems to be a hit :) . Also a lot of new video's have been posted including the most recent crew video's.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
If you want to be considered as a candidate for one of the 10 spots open for the MN power ranking panel make sure to head over to the Power Ranking Thread on the MN boards. Do that and shoot me an email preferably before the biweekly so we can have a vote right after the biweekly when the players skills are fresh in the panel's mind.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Chi is looking for a partner, anyone need a teammate as well? As many of you know he plays as peach, and I personally think he's near Ulti's level of play. So....pubes.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Chi is looking for a partner, anyone need a teammate as well? As many of you know he plays as peach, and I personally think he's near Ulti's level of play. So....pubes.
Do you mean this in a good way or in a bad one? >.> I already have a partner, but thanks for looking out.

Also, MoMD, I'll take your Fox on (from the other board).

Edit* Yeah, the new MN forum is really good. Good work on it!

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
Well if I do russell up the dough to team I'll team with Chi, Still no promises. I like the time when doubles are going on though, gives me time to completely warm up.
MM's anyone?

mrray55430

Smash Apprentice
Ulti...Ray...disciple...any of you guys need partners? Chi is up for grabs.
So excuse me for being rude but what are you trying to say? No offense to chi or Ulti but just in your last message you said chi was in need of a partner and at the end of the message you were like pubes? Meaning i think the low levels. Masterofdomain, i never played you but i know im bettee than that? why dont you partner up with him? In fact as i recall every time i played Aaron i lose by 1 life and you can ask him yourself. I do better against him than almost half of you guys. I beat James Sparrow too once i think he wasnt playing his best but still. If anyone going to be my partner its going to be shadow dragon, long story short thanks but no thanks. Call me ignorent or whatever but you play to win not to lost. Ulti and Chi i mean no disrespect to you guys not one bit but my partner will always be shadow because he plays like me. I dont wavedash or shine whatever and i still give you guys trouble, if i did that stuff i think i would be where SDM and Greenbunny would be at!! Master i havent played you so we should settle this. You shouldnt go off what people say about me, im not a push over in this game. MM or friendly doesnt matter to me! But just in case you didnt mean that in a bad way disregard the whole message but i still think we shold battle

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
actually ray mastr says pubes after everything he says on the boards. I also think if you were to do the advanced techniques I would do better against you since the only people I play do that. I usually 2 stock you but it is definetly weird playing you. Dont worry the more I play you the better Ill do =). If you come to the tourney we should play a bunch.

mrray55430

Smash Apprentice
Naw, Advanced huh? i dont think there all that good. Yeah we should play but if i give you a hard time already just think if i learned "The advanced" techniques!! HA!! Lol whatever you say Aaron, tell the truth when you played me the last time when i used sheik against your falco we were both at 1 life. Your telling me you wasnt nervous at all to lose? All you guys do the same move with falco, you mini jump and shoot lasers and then try to stomp on them then fling them in the air and slam then down. Where is the orginalality in this place. Yeah it might be the best move but for every action there is a reaction. That move can be countered, and thats what im good at defense. Im a defensive player. Aaron you are good and probably the best among us but that does not mean you are unbeatable. Even 56k can beat you if he puts his mind to it. No offense to 56k man i love you style and passion for the game. And Aaron you should be ready for anything, you gotta learn to adapt to your opponents moves and counters. Im tricky because yeah i dont wavedash and shine. It a big disadvantage but also a advantage because you dont know what im going to do. Im done talking ill just let my game talk for itself on Saturday. (not im not saying im the best either i know im far from it)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
All you guys do the same move with falco, you mini jump and shoot lasers and then try to stomp on them then fling them in the air and slam then down. Where is the orginalality in this place.
Lol, I play Falco now too. That strategy is basically what makes Falco so lethal, but I do play him differently than most people. I try to switch it up unlike most people. I don't like to be predictable. There are a lot of Falco players, so I said if you can't beat em join em. :p Game & Watch just doesn't compare to Falco.

Aaron you are good and probably the best among us but that does not mean you are unbeatable. Even 56k can beat you if he puts his mind to it. No offense to 56k man i love you style and passion for the game.
No prob, none taken. But I do think I'm one of the least skilled players at the biweeklies. It doesn't seem like I'm a challenge for most of them. I've been practicing a lot lately and I'm definitely stepping up my game for the next tourney. Who knows, maybe I can actually become a threat one of these days. And I can't beat Aaron, but you're right if I put my mind to it anything's possible. If I can get 1 or 2 stocked by Aaron then I consider myself to have done pretty well.

I might even debut my Roy in the tournament.

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
To all people involved in this argument, my names Nomek many of you know me, to some I'm just a legend. But I don't use advanced techniques, never have, probably never will. Mainly I can't do them because of my fat fingers but also because I believe that I can do well enough with just my instincts and mind games. Now going off the whole Aaron being invincible thing........ yeah he's a ***** to beat, but it's possible. At HJ4 I was able to kill him once before he was able to kill me, course then he annihilated me but yeah it's a possibility.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
So excuse me for being rude but what are you trying to say? No offense to chi or Ulti but just in your last message you said chi was in need of a partner and at the end of the message you were like pubes? Meaning i think the low levels. Masterofdomain, i never played you but i know im bettee than that? why dont you partner up with him? In fact as i recall every time i played Aaron i lose by 1 life and you can ask him yourself. I do better against him than almost half of you guys. I beat James Sparrow too once i think he wasnt playing his best but still. If anyone going to be my partner its going to be shadow dragon, long story short thanks but no thanks. Call me ignorent or whatever but you play to win not to lost. Ulti and Chi i mean no disrespect to you guys not one bit but my partner will always be shadow because he plays like me. I dont wavedash or shine whatever and i still give you guys trouble, if i did that stuff i think i would be where SDM and Greenbunny would be at!! Master i havent played you so we should settle this. You shouldnt go off what people say about me, im not a push over in this game. MM or friendly doesnt matter to me! But just in case you didnt mean that in a bad way disregard the whole message but i still think we shold battle
. . .

All I said was the Chi needed a partner, and I know that Ulti is usually looking for a partner. I mentioned you because, if I remember correctly, at the last tournament you were looking for a partner because shadoudragon wasn't there, and Chi (who is my roommate) mentioned to me that he wanted to team with you. I was just seeing if you needed a partner.

Pubes doesn't mean anything. I say it a lot because it's a funny word. Sorry if you took offense to it. But yeah, lets play.

I'm just trying to find my friend a partner. Hence the post. Speaking of which...........

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
lol i never said I was invincible. I just think that my 4 years of experience at tourneys means something. Most of the time I do 2 stock you. A couple of time you have gotten me down to 1 stock but almost everyone has.

but whatever nothing to argue about. I hope to see you at the tourney saturday.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
Dude, Ray, no one is disrespectin no one here. We usually don't do that. You shoudln't be so defensive, everyone knows you got game so chill out.(And Falco is not unoriginal there different styles just like every other character.)

Top Bottom